electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Moog Patch
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Derek Cook

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Moog Patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I was asked to post this, so here it is. The main patch was adapted from a patch from the archives that I found way back in 2006 when first hunting for Moog type sounds on the G2, but for the life of me, I cannot remember which one it was (or indeed what I did to get what I wanted!) - kudos to the originator of course whoever he/she was!

This is I think quite evocative of the original Moog lead, especially when mixed in with my intro chords, which are courtesy of four layered voices in my Motif ES Rack, including a very nice "Solina" patch on my PLG150-AN (plug in version of an AN1x layer). I also use an EX5 and its FDSP water model to provide a tinkling sound, and also Part B of the G2 performance has the "flutter" sound you can hear on the intro of the original, mapped to G#5 (the Moog lead is mapped up to F5).

Note that as I fade the intro in and generally put foot pedal volume control on all of my leads, if you load this patch then may not sound first of all, as you need to assign CC4 (volume) to the Nord MIDI channel to fade the sound in, or you can manually adjust the level multiplier which prior to the output module to the lower right of the patch within the editor.

I guess I should have set the level multiplier to unity gain prior to posting, but I only remembered about this after I shut my music computer down for the night.

I have a few more Pink Floyd oriented Nord sounds that I'll post when I get time if people are interested.

Shine On.prf2
 Description:
A Moog Emulation that is as close as I can get to the "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" lead intro. Also includes the "Flutter" sound (as I call it)

Download
 Filename:  Shine On.prf2
 Filesize:  5.34 KB
 Downloaded:  2489 Time(s)

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.xfactory-librarians.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Moog Patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Derek Cook wrote:
I was asked to post this, so here it is...

Thanks again Derek!

Derek Cook wrote:
...I have a few more Pink Floyd oriented Nord sounds that I'll post when I get time if people are interested.

I'm always interested in Nord Modular emulation patches of the synth sounds of my favorite classic rock bands! Cool

cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Moog Patch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi,
I have a few more Pink Floyd oriented Nord sounds that I'll post when I get time if people are interested.

Sure- would like to hear them.

Derek Cook

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll get them sorted out then. Smile

I've been meaning to post things for a while to give something back to this excellent community. But ......

Quote:
Every year's getting shorter never seem to find the time, plans that either come to nought, or half a page of scribbled lines
Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
Keysandslots

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is nice, very haunting. I have a stupid question 'though. Why does nothing sound on the upper part of the keyboard? It works via MIDI but not from the (in my case) G2X keyboard itself.

Thanks

Randy
Keysandslots

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Duh. Never mind, noticed the keyboard split. So, what's at the top end of the keyboard then? I don't hear anything when I hit those notes.

Thanks

Randy
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I was planning to have some samples on my A4000 triggered on the keys at the top end, but didn't get around to it. Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
Keysandslots

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Derek. This is a really nice sound, I think I'm going to use it as a base to fool with, perhaps make it polyphonic or something.

Randy
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to know, and it's nice to give something back at last to this excellent community, as I've benefited so much from it. Smile

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey chaps, have you seen this;

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-41378.html

Shocked Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
3phase

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 141

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
nice patch..but i ve one question...

the 2 slots are assigned to key ranges... teh one in slot b is only one one key .. the upper g# on my normal G2...

how have you done that? is my machine going crazy?
Derek Cook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's in the performance settings.

I have it setup that way as for Shine On on my top tier keyboard: for doing the Pad on the lower octaves (a combination of Motif ES Rack and PLG150-AN voices); I then have the lead sound over the next few octaves pretty much to top of the keyboard; and the "flutter sound" in the second slot is only assigned to one key as I only trigger that once or twice and don't "play" it per se.

All of that is adjustable on the keymapping of the slots in the performance settintgs.

www.echoes-music.co.uk
www.purefloyd.co.uk
www.carregddu.co.uk
www.ex5tech.com
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
Jump to: