electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
drum sounds
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
oisin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: drum sounds Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ive been using drum pads for some live performances recently, sometimes to trigger samples from a laptop, other times plugged directly into my nmm. it works really well so ive been working on creating more patches of drum sounds.

i thought i would ask here to see if anyone had any tips for getting good / powerful / interesting percussive sounds. especially more "realistic" kick + snare sounds. i know its not a sampler though Wink

any ideas / thoughts would be helpful. thanks..
elwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this may be too obvious and simplistic a thought, but i've achieved decent results by using a drum osc and mapping all the control knobs to nm knobs, then, with a persistent trigger pulse coming in, i fine-tune the knobs till i land on something good. it seems especially important to carefully adjust the pitch/decay/level knobs for the two percussive oscs, as well as the bend/decay knob. the drum kit osc is too simple for some, but i've produced some pleasing results that way. it is nice to also put the signal through the compressor.
iPassenger

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 78

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sheridan has got some really realistic sounding drums out of the G2, could try opening those in the G2demo and try and translate that to the G1. Think he did a funky drummer style patch, although it may have been a performance and therefore not much good to you... unless you know someone with a G2 to get a look at it.

Personally I always try to make drums that sound like drum machines or synths anyway so can't offer any help really. sorry.

Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: pearl zip Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi oisin,

i made these 100 years ago. please read the txt file. in origine i made them for the nm, therefore some pches are to big for the g2. so you have to sort them out. great for techno nd stuff. sheridans patches are great. and the drum pches of mother misty are mind blowing. i did some drum thingies too.

Pearl.rar
 Description:
pearl syncussion

Download
 Filename:  Pearl.rar
 Filesize:  429.54 KB
 Downloaded:  406 Time(s)

oisin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for the replies guys

this will definitely give me some ideas. .

i have the full archive of patches, but its a bit overwhelming hard to find really good stuff.

funky drummer on a nord! will have to check that out...
dude163

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet! thanks for the Syncussion patches!
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » NM Classic (NM1 or G1)
Jump to: