electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
G2 windows 7 and USB drivers
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: G2 windows 7 and USB drivers
Subject description: USB drivers for windows 7
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just upgrades to Windows 7 and can't get the USB drivers installed.
Anyone have a fix?

ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happens when you try? What OS version are you running on your G2?
jack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: G2 USB Drivers /Windows 7 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I loaded the new editor (1.62) with no problems. The USB drivers loaded fine on an older computer running XP but I still can not get them to install on Windows 7.
ark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: G2 USB Drivers /Windows 7 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jack wrote:
I loaded the new editor (1.62) with no problems. The USB drivers loaded fine on an older computer running XP but I still can not get them to install on Windows 7.

What version of the G2 OS are you running? That is, what number appears in the G2 LCD when you turn it on?

What version of the USB drivers are you trying to install?

What happens when you try to install the USB drivers? Are you running on an account with administrative privileges?
jack

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: G2 USB Window 7Drivers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My G2X is running OS 1.62 EXP.
The drivers I'm trying to install are the USB v2.15 64 bit.
When I try to install the drivers I get - Windows ws unable to install your Nord Modular G2X. If you know the manufacture vist the site and check for support.

Thanks for your help

ark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: G2 USB Window 7Drivers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jack wrote:
The drivers I'm trying to install are the USB v2.15 64 bit.

To my knowledge there is no 2.15 driver. There is a 2.16 driver.

I haven't used Windows 7, but isn't there a way of installing a driver in XP or Vista compatibility mode? I don't think Nord officially supports Windows 7 yet, but I seem to recall that other people have successfully used their drivers with Windows 7.
Oli

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I have just installed my G2 USB drivers and editor in Windows 7 64 bit, then updated to OS 1.62, and everything seems to be working fine.

However, when I first connected my G2X to the my PC's USB port, Windows attempted to automatically locate a suitable driver. This fails, and gives an error such as mentioned here.

I went into the Device Manager, found the faulty G2 device, and manually installed the v2.16 x64 driver. Clavia actually include a document describing how to manually install the driver (covers XP and Vista, but Win 7 is very similar to Vista anyway). I think if you install the editor, you should have a link to this in the Start menu. I have attached it here anyway.

Let us know how you go with this.

Cheers,

Oli

edit - Somehow I am not able to attach the document here. I get a message that I have reached the limit of a 20MB upload quota. I don't think that can be correct. Anyway, I think the guide is installed with the editor (at a guess) and for me, can be found at:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Clavia\Nord Modular G2 v1.62\Clavia USB Driver Installation.pdf"

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oli wrote:
I get a message that I have reached the limit of a 20MB upload quota. I don't think that can be correct.

Looks like that was correct (a couple of G2 SW versions adding up to about 20 MB), I upped your quota.

Oli

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Looks like that was correct (a couple of G2 SW versions adding up to about 20 MB), I upped your quota.

Oh, I completely forgot about that. hehe. I knew I hadn't done any patches or audio worth uploading, and it would have taken a fair bit of those to breach quota, anyway.

Cheers Jan.

Oli

Clavia USB Driver Installation.pdf
 Description:
USB driver installation guide

Download
 Filename:  Clavia USB Driver Installation.pdf
 Filesize:  665.93 KB
 Downloaded:  1021 Time(s)

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're welcome Oli ... and oh ... before I forget things too Laughing in the chat Howard said that Jack had solved his problem ... it was said that he had been trying to install 64 bit drivers on a 32 bit OS. Well anyway, it's good he got it working.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I spent some time with Jack trying to sort out his problem. As Blue said, it turned out that he was trying to install a 64 bit driver on a 32 bit OS. He's now running fine on Windows 7. Thanks all for the help and suggestions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jack

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: G2 windows 7 USB drivers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howard helped me with the driver problem. The main problem was I was trying to install 64 bit drivers instead of the 32 bit. Thanks for all the help.
drumfish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: FRENCH USER clavia 64bits usb driver update failed
Subject description: following the instructions from the pdf of clavia ... nothing
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

windows 7 64 bits, nord modular g2 exp os 1.62, clavia 64 bits usb driver

my drivers keeps crashing, i follow the procedure from the pdf of clavia but still the problem remains. i plug the usb, it shows the clavia 64 bits usb driver needed to be updated, i double click, update it & then it shows this :

http://drumfish.deviantart.com/#/d462q9r sorry guys it's in french

something like : "cannot verify the signature of this driver ... might be a corrupt file"

thanks to help me out ... my mac is dead so i had to find a cheap pc quickly ... i'd forgot the pleasure of windows ...
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Drumfish: I don't know what your problem can be, but at least with Vista, you can get the system to ignore the signature file stuff. Here is a link to a topic that explains how to do this for Vista. It may work, or not, with Windows 7.

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-27903.html

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: