electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Diversity in electro-music
diversity...
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jamiewoody

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject:  diversity... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, that's kind of broad. in the early 80s, einsturzende neubaten coined the phrase industrial by incorporating junk, scrap metal, jack hammers, etc to compose music.

in the later 80s, bands like NIN, ministry, skinny puppy were calling their music industrial, yet sound nothing like the fathers of industrial. by incorporating klanking, hammering electronic, pulsating beats with the electric guitar, industrial was mixed with metal.

pink floyd, emerson lake and palmer, rush and so many 70s progressive bands were experimenting with synthesizers in their music. by the 80s, there were many europop bands using synths. by the time the yamaha dx7 hit the scene, analog synths kind of bit the dust for awhile.

by the early 90s, there were so many genres which sounded alike, dub, triphop, ambient, rave, etc that a new "genre" was required to classify it all...electronica.

the circuit bent scene is new to me. i only circuit bent my first instrument last november. and i have been doing others, as well as building vcos ever since.

the CB scene is a breath of fresh air! i mean, since we have these recycled new instuments, there are a lot of renegade artists, myriads of microcosms...which are creating highly experimental music! this is a breath of fresh air!

personally, i incorporate these kinds of home-brewed electronic instruments into my brand of music.
boony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dubstep artists like excision incorpate alot of industrial sounds into their music.

On a dubstep forum excision notes he often went to scrap metal yards. recorded himself crunching some metal, or hydraulics in use etc etc.

creats that real dark robostep sound

as well as sampling the hell out of the transformer movies
iWFBS

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have done quite a lot of stuff like that.....there was a time where i tried almost everything I could get my hands on to make sounds, patches, so on.
Still sort of do. Circuit bending, I even sampled the sounds of a tazer on a slab of steak....My wife thought I was insane..LOL. of course I met her in a industrial dance club back in the early 90's. I told her"well this is how these bands made their sounds...i'm not the only lose wire in the world" Kind of puts a new light on the old joke...how did the oriental name their babies...throw a spoon at the wall and name it after the sound....Not a racist, but that stupid joke has inspired bizarre thinking from a synthesist. Not to mention the names i would call my samples..the steak one, Electrocuted T-bones...I even attempted to make a entire song out of that one. I could have expanded on that and named my band The Electrocuted T-Bones. AHHHH memories...
dingus

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've been sampling videodrome and thx1138 for years. so have millions of other people
iWFBS

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: HI YA
Subject description: Chnage of name.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey my friends...Long time no talk, been busy with studio stuff and the sorts.
I have changed my band name and agenda..It is now insidious-ini. Looking to talk with some guys with circuit bending. Anyone mess around with it?

astarte backlash.mp3
 Description:
I have published and working on contract details-but haven't decided exactly what I want out...have tons of other stuff. HIt me up if you would like to hear more.

Download
 Filename:  astarte backlash.mp3
 Filesize:  5.37 MB
 Downloaded:  149 Time(s)

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Diversity in electro-music
Jump to: