electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Is there going to be more new Andromedas later this year?
Page 1 of 2 [43 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
paugui

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Is there going to be more new Andromedas later this year? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

I have been wanting an Andromeda for quite a long while and now I have enough money to buy one new, so I was wondering if there are going to be some more new Andromedas later this year?
Or the last ones were really the last ones to be produced?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards

Paugui
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nobody can forsee the future, however i wouldn't bet on new ones to arrive.
you could ask numark/alesis if you want to be sure and or look for a good secondhands one. having said that : prices seem to rise fast now that it seems that the a6 is discontinued.
paugui

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But was it officially discontinued?

Cause if it wasn't, I can still be hopeful Very Happy
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would ask Alesis
paugui

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
I would ask Alesis

Done Wink

I'll let you guys know when I get a reply
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

heard anything from Alesis yet Paulos?
paugui

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope... they haven't yet replied me Sad

I am getting a Roland MKS80 next month and I already have a Korg Trident as a good 2 VCO synth, but the Andromeda would still be a really nice addition to my setup (I bet it is nicer then any of those), so I really hope they produce some more...
I think I will try to contact the Portuguese distributor.
They were nice enough when I contacted them.
Maybe if they ask, they'll get a reply.

If I get a reply I'll post it here (translated, don't worry Razz)
paugui

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

According to the Portuguese distributor, it seems the Alesis Andromeda is not going to be produced again... Sad

It's a complete shame, as it seems to be one of the best analog synths out there.

They had an amazing product too with the Fusion, which with some proper correction to the bugs and expanding some of the capabilities it has (like adding dual filtering with all the types of the Ion / Micron and some extra envelopes, which would be useful in the FM section, for instance), it could have been a true rival for the Oasys.

They didn't care about that gem and they seem to be doing the same to the Andromeda...

How can they be so stupid?

Sad
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sad news, but there is always the second hand market

and probably best to get one now, before prices go up too much

paugui

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know that... but I don't exactly feel like spending so much money on a second hand synth...
As I am not at home that much time now, it seems a bit bad to spend around 1800 euros on a second hand synth, especially because I am going to have two nice 2 VCOs polys available, as well as a really nice amount of other good synths.
But I would definitely like to have one, just don't feel it's the wisest thing to do right now...

But hey, maybe someone would like to do a nice trade with me for the equipment I am selling now Smile
We could do a really nice deal for both of us Smile
nytcrawlr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I called Alesis US HQ last week and according to the CSR, they have not discontinued Andromeda. He actually stressed that to me twice, and then went on to say there has simply been an issue with getting parts for the next production run (which everyone already knows), but so far they still plan to have another run. He did not have an exact date, but said it has merely been delayed, not cancelled.

If you think about it, that makes more sense than discontinuing the synth, as they know once they do have all the parts needed, they'll sell every single one.

Has anyone else called to request this info as well? I did send e-mails previously but those never got those answered. I'd be interested to see if others are told the same.
paugui

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nytcrawlr wrote:
I called Alesis US HQ last week and according to the CSR, they have not discontinued Andromeda. He actually stressed that to me twice, and then went on to say there has simply been an issue with getting parts for the next production run (which everyone already knows), but so far they still plan to have another run. He did not have an exact date, but said it has merely been delayed, not cancelled.

If you think about it, that makes more sense than discontinuing the synth, as they know once they do have all the parts needed, they'll sell every single one.

Has anyone else called to request this info as well? I did send e-mails previously but those never got those answered. I'd be interested to see if others are told the same.

Thanks for giving me the best news I got this week Smile
You really improved my week.

Thanks a lot Smile
airlock

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Discontinued, cont. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The A6 Andromeda is discontinued as per the conversation I had today with an Alesis official in Rhode Island.

The A6 page on the Alesis website wont be updated for a while (moving the Andromeda to the Legacy section), partly out of consideration for the dealers who still have them in stock, such as Sam Ash Online, etc.
seamonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please read the comment from user Felix in this thread.
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2627700
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the sam's site reads : Availability: Coming Soon - Order Now
so ....
probably not enough a6's have been sold to make it profitable, it's a pity, but seems to be true
having said that, until officially anounced , nobody can predict if or not, so keep fingers crossed is the least we can do.
seamonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My research indicates our beloved Andromeda is no longer available.
Previously these sites would always say "call for availability" "preorder", etc. But now they clearly state "no longer available or discontinued".
I'm not sure why Sam Ash hasn't changed their notice but Musician's Friend writes this:
http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-Andromeda-61Key-Analog-Synth?sku=705590&src=3WWRWXYB&ZYXSEM=0
Sweetwater this:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Andromeda/?utm_source=Yahoo&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=keyboards&utm_term=alesis_andromeda_a6
ZZounds
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALEA6
Same Day music:
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ALEA6
B&H Photo:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/656425-REG/Alesis_A6_ANDROMEDA.html
This looks like the real deal this time folks!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
paugui

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seamonkey wrote:
My research indicates our beloved Andromeda is no longer available.
Previously these sites would always say "call for availability" "preorder", etc. But now they clearly state "no longer available or discontinued".
I'm not sure why Sam Ash hasn't changed their notice but Musician's Friend writes this:
http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/Alesis-Andromeda-61Key-Analog-Synth?sku=705590&src=3WWRWXYB&ZYXSEM=0
Sweetwater this:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Andromeda/?utm_source=Yahoo&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=keyboards&utm_term=alesis_andromeda_a6
ZZounds
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ALEA6
Same Day music:
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--ALEA6
B&H Photo:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/656425-REG/Alesis_A6_ANDROMEDA.html
This looks like the real deal this time folks!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I think it was like that the other times, no?
As least I remember of seeing it listed as discontinued some times.
I even watched and ebay auction where they claimed that and soon after a new batch came.

I couldn't afford one back then, but now I can and I would definitely buy one if they'll be available again.

Given the contradictory replies people got from Alesis, I think the best thing is really to wait...
paugui

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would just take this topic to ask who would buy a new Andromeda in case more are produced?

Maybe if a large number of people want one, we might be able to pressure Alesis to realize a new batch of Andromedas, no?

I am for sure buying one.
Who else?
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

paugui wrote:
Who else?

we'll see what happens to secondhandprices ( now ca 1700€ ), maybe that'll make people think twice, however i doubt ..
sad that people maybe will "piss next to the potty"( dutch saying)
hope a batch or two might still appear however can't remember so many sites writing" discontinued" before (?)
nytcrawlr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Better yet, call Alesis. I've seen this same scenario before, and suddenly another production run comes to fruition. I called US HQ and the guy flat-out said they're coming, then stressed it a second time. I may call again a few more times next week to see if the answer is consistent, but others should as well. At the very least it shows interest. I say another run is coming.....but I'm crossing my fingers anyways. Cool
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

indeed
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
nobody can forsee the future

Really?

BTW, by the time Numark purchased Alesis, the Andromeda had already been designed and set into production. All they've had to do is to decide whether to keep making them or not, so long as they sell or not.

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there going to be more new Andromedas later this year? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is official, Andromeda listed as "Legacy product":

http://www.alesis.com/products/legacy.php

So, no more new Andromedas because it is officially discontinued.

sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well a respectable productionlifespan. that's for sure.
it's sad news however.
hope , but fear, that spareparts espec chips are the next to vanish.
i wonder if it would be a good idea to buy a couple of hundert chips together and divide between the buyers.
just to be sure...
Perfect Day

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocker !!! Finaly in the legacy section and off the main page . Ah well I got mine hehe
Page 1 of 2 [43 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: