electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
How to connect Lunetta modules
Page 2 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
adambee7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silesius wrote:
Ufff!! And, regarding that YAVCO, I have just one (stupid, because it seems quite clear) question: you can only build one VCO per chip, isn't it? Or maybe two or three of them, but everything will be controlled by the same CV, right? Anyway, I will try it tonight.
And the last one (I don't want to abuse Laughing ). I really want to try that VCA/AR, but I have some doubts: what do i plug in the "gate" in, a clock or what? And what goes in the other input, a simple 40106 oscillator?

Rolling Eyes .

you can add more vcos using the same chip but they would have to share the same board. When I perfect mine i'm puting three of them on one board and hopefully find a way of syncing them using the trig outs.

With the AR/VCA the gate wants to be 0-5v from something like the gate out of a 4017 sequencer and clock "AND"ed together produce good results, Very Happy Very Happy
Silesius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adambee7 wrote:
The osc I used was the exp version of synthmongers VCO where I inverted the reversed ramp through a simple transistor inverter and then into a ramp to tri converter. Very Happy Very Happy

Hey Adambee, would you be so nice to show or explain us the circuit you used to convert that waves, please? I know it's simple, but now I'm still not able to figure it out myself. Big thanks
RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silesius wrote:

And, regarding that YAVCO....question: you can only build one VCO per chip, isn't it? Or maybe two or three of them, but everything will be controlled by the same CV, right?

Rich posted a drawing for multiple voices controlled by one CV in this thread:
http://deathlehem.com/php/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=151

and you'll also find a couple clips of the 'chorus' idea in the same thread....

bruce

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
adambee7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silesius wrote:
adambee7 wrote:
The osc I used was the exp version of synthmongers VCO where I inverted the reversed ramp through a simple transistor inverter and then into a ramp to tri converter. Very Happy Very Happy

Hey Adambee, would you be so nice to show or explain us the circuit you used to convert that waves, please? I know it's simple, but now I'm still not able to figure it out myself. Big thanks

Yeah sure, give me a day as i'm just doing a bit of work on someone's house wiring. I'm redoing the inverter with an opamp instead of a transistor based one which i'm using at the moment. I'll have the drawing up tomorrow for you. Very Happy Very Happy
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RF wrote:
Silesius wrote:

And, regarding that YAVCO....question: you can only build one VCO per chip, isn't it? Or maybe two or three of them, but everything will be controlled by the same CV, right?

Rich posted a drawing for multiple voices controlled by one CV in this thread:
http://deathlehem.com/php/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=151

and you'll also find a couple clips of the 'chorus' idea in the same thread....

bruce

I completely forgot about that implementation of mine! Dang. I'll have to give that a whirl. It'd take a little premeasuring to get the caps exactly right and possilby a larger trimmer to match the 3 pots but Boy - would THAT guy be nice for knocking down walls / etc.! Twisted Evil Now that it's remembered thanks to you, I'll have to add it to my huge pile of "to do" things, to switch my focus to at some point.

(I think I've forgotten what the term 'focusing on one thing' means. Surprised Embarassed
droffset

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ajax wrote:
That rant of brilliance should be in the Lunnetta guide Droffset is working on.

Done. Smile

Edit: Spelling mistakes.
adambee7

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silesius wrote:
adambee7 wrote:

i've found the link to the saw to tri converter. Its not bad. Very Happy Very Happy

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-30667.html
Page 2 of 2 [32 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: