electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
  host / artist show at your time
today> Modulator ESP Adventures In Sound
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
NanoStudio for iPhone
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: NanoStudio for iPhone
Subject description: This looks like the sh!t!!! 8)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

arrow link via Palm Sounds

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Compatible Devices
• iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS
• iPod Touch 2G, 3G (mic recording possible with external accessory)
• iPod Touch 1G (mic recording not available)
General
• Instruments - 4x Eden synths, TRG-16 trigger pads, 6 track sequencer, 7 input mixer with two sends
• Insert Effects - 2 per synth (wave-shaper, chorus/flanger/delay)
• Send Effects - 2 (reverb, chorus/flanger/delay)
• Total polyphony - 48 stereo voices
• Buffer latency - 10ms
• Stereo 44.1kHz floating-point signal path (only the final output is reduced to 16 bit)
• Individually optimised for new and old iPhone hardware (chooses between VFP and NEON technology)
Eden synth (x4)
• Maximum polyphony - 8 voices per synth
• 2 anti-aliased oscillators per voice, each with 30 basic waveforms including noise
• Oscillators can be mixed or sync/ring modulated
• Resonant filter per voice - low pass, band pass or high pass with 12dB or 24dB slope
• Sampler module enables samples to be used in place of basic waveforms
• Multi mode layers up to 4 different voice presets
• 4 LFO's, optional sync to note start/sequencer tempo
• 3 ADSR Envelope generators (amp, filter and aux)
• 2 X/Y controllers, 1 configurable control knob, pitch bend wheel and accelerometer input for real-time performances
• Virtual patch-bay for connecting controllers, LFO's and envelopes and other synth parameters (12 connections, 40 parameters)
• 2 insert effects per synth (wave-shaper, chorus/flanger/delay)
• Single/Multi mode presets - 64 Factory (read only), 64 User (shared between all projects) and 64 Project specific presets
TRG-16 Trigger Pads and Sampling
• Number of trigger pads - 16
• Maximum polyphony - 16 voices
• Adjust volume, pan, pitch, output bus, attack, release and loop type per sample
• Exclusive groups for use with high hats etc.
• Three output busses, each with its own filter and send effects
• Load/save individual samples or whole kits
• Upload wavs or aiff to your device using NanoSync for PC and Mac
• Record your own samples using the internal mic (iPhone only) or external mic (iPod Touch 2G, 3G)
• Resample NanoStudio's main mix output
• Crop and normalise samples on the device using NanoStudio's built in sample editor with 4 levels of undo/redo
Sequencer
• Realtime record with undo
• Pattern editor and song arranger
• 6 tracks (4 Eden synths and 2 tracks dedicated to the TRG-16)
• Record unique parts or turn them into patterns for repetitive loops (100 patterns supported)
• Draw note and controller events such as XY pad movements, pitch bend, velocity and accelerometer
• Editing functions include delete, merge, copy, move, note length, transpose, clean and quantise
• 4 levels of undo/redo on every editing operation
• All editing operations are possible while your song is playing
Mastering
• Mixer with 7 stereo inputs (4 Eden synths, 3 TRG-16 output busses), 1 stereo output and 2 stereo sends
• 2 Simultaneous global effects sends per input (reverb, chorus/flanger/delay
• Stereo VU displays for all inputs and outputs

Crikey! Shocked Cool

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a pretty exhaustive list!

I'll follow the developments of this with interest.

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it supports odd time signatures (7/4, 5/4, 22/8, etc), I'm DL'ing this baby!

Some old stuff on VIRB
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is really impressive looking. Great to see more and more sophisticated apps coming along. I'm probably going to download this one too, but I'm looking for expressive real-time instruments to play in an ensemble. I still think nothing has yet come beyond bebot in this vein.

I think some new ones will be coming along soon though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rykhaard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHOLEY SCHIDT! That is farging INCREDIBLE! I've immediately registered at that forum and will be watching with my eye glued to my monitor! The demo video is WILD!

The ONLY things that would keep me from buying it are:

1) if you are NOT able to create your own synth sounds (which I doubt - seeing the listing of synth parameters)
2) if it's too expensive. ($75 or higher, as I'm just about to purchase new gear, outside of this as well as the next paragraph ... )

I am JUST at the very beginning of dumping my cheap RIM Blackberry 'clone' to move TO an actual RIM Blackberry. In this process I WAS going to be dumping my current phone (FORmerly Virgin - who's phone company is now owned completely by Hell. (Ooops Bell.) as well as my iPlod Touch, which I've not been impressed with at all.

But - seeing this software, would give me a VERY good reason, TO keep the iPlod! Surprised

Thank you greatly for posting this!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rykhaard wrote:

But - seeing this software, would give me a VERY good reason, TO keep the iPlod!

First poor old Oban, now the iP(L)od Touch. Shocked

Why do you dislike the iPod Touch?

PS, I got further info from Andy that he got Oban mixed up with something else, and actually Oban is good! So there! Razz Laughing

Hopefully Andy will confirm this Smile We both met up recently and had a mammoth ale session. Little talking (from me anyway Wink ), just drinking! I was seeing double when I walked out of the pub! I wanted to take a load of pictures, but only came away with one- of ...erm... pints of beer! Shocked

electri-fire

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The synth is nicely usable. The modulation matrix very versatile. The two XY pads are awsome.

The A07 (Filters) preset is my favorite, it plays a sampled vocal phrase. Sample start and loop lenghts are modulatable. The preset has Start and Lenght on LFOs. LFO depths are assigned to the left XY pad, Start and Lenght on the right XY pad.

You can load in your own samples. While each patch uses one sample, Once transferred into your iPad/pod/phone, new samples can be loaded into the patch very fast.
Four synths and a set of drumpads can be prepared into a "project" and rapidly recalled for use.

It's an absolutely awesome little noisemaker for jamming. I love nanostudio.
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
...and actually Oban is good! So there! Razz Laughing

Sure, Oban is a briliiant single malt. Very Happy beer

OBNOB.1995.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.19 KB
 Viewed:  18364 Time(s)

OBNOB.1995.jpg

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should be meeting up with Andy again this weekend, but we're probably on the coffee this time (I'm driving!)

Nice to have that extra vote for Oban, Stein. Cool A damn fine malt I should add! Smile

And so is, I must confess, ALDI's own Glen Moray, which I have now got through 4 bottles Shocked because it's so cheap!!! Shocked Confused

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just bought Nanostudio. It works great. Very powerful, even as just a performance instrument. I find it great that you can play tracks from your library as backing tracks. The synths are new for me, but I like them. I'm not experienced with sample players. This one has really good real-time adjustments, it seems to me. I plan on spending lots of time with this baby.

It has no BPM function. Very refreshing! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just felt like saying that this thing rocks! It's been a long time since I felt I could do so much with a piece of music software with so little effort. The piano roll works great, even though I sometimes forget to zoom in so I keep missing with the finger. This app saves my life on those dreary train rides to and from work each day.

Well worth its comparatively high price (which obviously is nothing compared to what other music stuff costs).

EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree. This thing is fun!

Home,My Studio,and another view
ewblank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey folks,

I've had Nanostudio for a couple of weeks now, and this is hands down my favorite synth app for the iPhone. It's very intuitive and the best part is that it works seamlessly with the Akai Synthstation25. Believe it or not - it works better with it than Akai's own Synthstation app!

IMHO - Nanostudio offers huge value for the money.

cheers, ew

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, and the latest release supports the new 4.2 iOS MIDI standards. I wish all of the synths would keep up as promptly.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Yes, and the latest release supports the new 4.2 iOS MIDI standards. I wish all of the synths would keep up as promptly.

I think the problem here lies in the sheer amount of downloads of Nanostudio, Blipinteractive are getting, ie they can't afford to slack really. I feel sorry for many other developers who are probably feeling what it's like to get pushed aside, to make way for the big boys.

(and of course the utter nightmare that is Apple's developer connect portal Shocked Rolling Eyes Shocked Exclamation )

Be patient Great Uncle Mosc! Cool

Volterock

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think this is the best sequencer on the iphone/ipod thus far. It also seems to be the easiest to use.

These are so cheap... I remember when Logic was over $1000
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: