electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Return of Marck Ferrari
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
telstarmagikistferrari

Audio files: 43

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Return of Marck Ferrari
Subject description: just when you hoped he was gone for good..
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey friends! I've been kind of slacking on the forum lately, though I do check in and read posts pretty regularly. More than anything I've just been working on music. Here's some new tunes. They are generally rock and roll affairs but always with synth! For the organ on these I used Native Instruments B4 II.

"Blood In My Eye" -- This is a song I did with a friend from Chicago. I did all the music, then emailed that to him, and he emailed me back a dry vocal track, which I mixed into the track with some effects and stuff. I love this song! My friend is a very creative guy and I've known him for years. He goes by the name Mac Blackout and has a couple solo LPs out, in addition to playing in the bands Functional Blackouts (with me), Daily Void, and his newest project Mickey. I used a plugin called unknown 64, a chip emulation plugin for the lead arppegiated synth. I dig it.

"Let Down" -- This is a song I had sent to Les because it was partially inspired by his songs "Schizophrenia" and "Phoenix" (I think it was called). This is the first song I've EVER sung on, and I was in a band for 2-3 years! This is about bipolar mania and the inevitable disappointment one feels after a manic episode. There's things I don't like about this song, but I'm gonna put it out there anyway. I used Oli Arkin's Autotalent plugin to tune the vocals, then mixed that with the original for a sort of phaser effect.

"Never Again" -- This song is about the annoyance, pain, and general unpleasantness of having a heroin addiction. It has a humorous element, but I'm pretty passionate about my sobriety. The B4 plugin takes center stage, often coupled with.. let's see.. Insert Piz Here's Illogic? I kind of matched the organ sound with a similar reedy synth to give it some clarity. I think it worked well. I doubled the vocals with a "whisper" track that I think turned out cool! I like this one better than "Let Down." Cooler music, better vocals. The vocals on this took me much less time than the other, I think I'm warming to the role.

"Antidote" -- This is a mushy, sappy love song I made for my girlfriend. She hasn't heard it yet because it's not quite finished.. I might put some vocals on this, but I don't wanna ruin what I think is some pretty beautiful music with lame singing. What do you think, reader / listener? I'm happy with this one. I used a new plugin that I like VERY much: Strobe from FXpansion's DCAM Synth Squad. These things transcend soft-synth. Seriously. Check them out.. I think they offer a demo. I particularly like the soft lead-guitar parts in this.. I really nailed what I was going for with those.

Well, maybe that's enough for now. I'll post more if there's any interest. I hope everybody I know is doing well, and to those I don't I wish you well also and thanks for listening. PLEASE comment on these! Not many people hear my music and I need feedback.

Blood In My Eye (FINAL).mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Blood In My Eye (FINAL).mp3
 Filesize:  6.99 MB
 Downloaded:  1917 Time(s)

Let Down (FINAL).mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Let Down (FINAL).mp3
 Filesize:  4.64 MB
 Downloaded:  1884 Time(s)

Never Again (FINAL).mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Never Again (FINAL).mp3
 Filesize:  5.04 MB
 Downloaded:  1906 Time(s)

Antidote (Rough Mix).mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Antidote (Rough Mix).mp3
 Filesize:  6.93 MB
 Downloaded:  1917 Time(s)

Last edited by telstarmagikistferrari on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
telstarmagikistferrari

Audio files: 43

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more thing..

Les, I know you wanted to play "Let Down" on your show, or use it otherwise. Feel free! I'm so glad you liked it. (I had emailed Les this song before it was quite done). Feel free to play any of these.. just send me a PM beforehand so I can tune in.. that's all I ask! Smile Thanks buddy.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: