electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Kansas City Electro-Music Festival 2010
Page 5 of 6 [135 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
dburgan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coming up quick! Looking forward to seeing everyone ....
D.Miñoza
Stream Operator

Audio files: 31

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

right around the corner now.. Cool
rdorsche

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello All,

This brief message is to let you know that I will not be in attendance in the Kansas City event, due to loss of income. Trust me, I wanted nothing more than to be there and had been planning to do so for weeks.

The silver lining is that in preparing for the show, I had composed a few interlocking pieces, which I will make available on my soundcloud page shortly.

For the time being, I do still plan attending EM 2010, hoping the money should not be an issue by then.

I apologize for any problems this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Robert Dorschel
shanemorris
Stream Operator

Audio files: 92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lionscub68 wrote:
Hello All,

This brief message is to let you know that I will not be in attendance in the Kansas City event, due to loss of income.

Too bad you cant make it Robert... hopefully we will see ya in NY in Sept. Very Happy

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow Idea

dburgan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just arrived at the hotel a little bit ago ... looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dburgan wrote:
Just arrived at the hotel a little bit ago ... looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow!

Great Darrell! Glad to hear you guys are there safely. Ill see ya tomorrow Very Happy

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looking forward to hearing some streams later Smile
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 276
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a schedule

http://kevinkissinger.com/kcregionalem2010.shtml

State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Streams were very good yesterday. The talks and music kept me entertained all evening. Very Happy Wish I were there.

Bill
D.Miñoza
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: pics Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://picasaweb.google.com/minoza77/KansasCityEMFestivalDay1#
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice pictures! keep 'em coming Wink

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, thanks for the pictures !! Very nice Cool

Bill
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: River Cow Orchestra's Lonely Trumpet and stuff by PHOBoS
Subject description: Live remix
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First of all,. I'm really enjoying all the great perfomances and demo's.
So, thanks for streaming this and applause for everyone performing!

wave

When the River Cow Orchestra started we could only hear the trumpet on the stream. So I took the liberty of adding a beat, some beeps and some droney sounds. Later on the the drums came in so I faded out my beat and stopped after the song was finished.

River Cow Orchestra's Lonely Trumpet and stuff by PHOBoS - Sun Jul 25, 2010.mp3
 Description:
River Cow Orchestra's Lonely Trumpet with added beats, beeps and drones by PHOBoS

Download
 Filename:  River Cow Orchestra's Lonely Trumpet and stuff by PHOBoS - Sun Jul 25, 2010.mp3
 Filesize:  7.4 MB
 Downloaded:  1171 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mrcold

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a few pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/codyloyd/ElectromusicKCregional?feat=directlink
mrcold

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

recording of my show Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2067098/kcshow.mp3
KillerHaven

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: thx Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just arrived home after a 14 hour automobile drive, but wanted to make sure to thank all involved with the fest, organizers, participants, and attendees... a wonderful time was had by Barbara and myself. Already looking forward to next year...
mrcold

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great set last night kevin and barbara!!!!!

and a nice video along with it
KillerHaven

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thx Cody, enjoyed your set as well. gotta admit the laptop guitar idea is intriguing, even to an old gear head/hardware guy such as I.
purplebird7

Audio files: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am compelled to post this message immediately upon returning from the 2010 Kansas City Electronic Music Festival, a.k.a. KC_EM_FEST. I just spent the whole weekend listening to live, original electronic music all day and half the night--with a smile on my face and naturally altered brain waves!

There was SO MUCH GOOD MUSIC. And I made lots of new friends among what was the most intelligent and talented group of people I've ever met in one place.

It was a complete joy to perform there. Most gratifying of all, everyone shared the same profound happiness at creating electronic music. Kindness and generosity abounded. Where else can you go and sit, up close, right next to a performer, while he plays, and learn his technique? We came away, energized with plans for future collaboration and projects.

I urge each and every one of you who lives within traveling distance of Kansas City to attend next year and experience the feeling of being fully understood for who you are in your passion for electronic music.

Many thanks to Kevin and Shane for hosting the festival, to Howard for serving as MC extraordinaire, to the people worldwide who listened to the live stream, and to all of the participants for making this a transformative event.
mrcold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: River Cow Orchestra's Lonely Trumpet and stuff by PHOBoS
Subject description: Live remix
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:

So I took the liberty of adding a beat, some beeps and some droney sounds.

L
O
L

this is remarkably similar to the original sound

(but not as LOUD )
shanemorris
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks again to all the artists and listeners for a wonderful weekend of music and conversation. I loved all the sets and workshops throughout the weekend, and especially enjoyed collaborating with all of the wonderful musicians there.

I too would be interested in seeing everyone's pics and videos made from the weekend. I posted several photos from Friday night KC EM Facebook . Anyone is welcome to post pics and comments there as well.

Im once again already looking forward to next years event and hope to see everyone return and attract newcomers as well. Very Happy

D.Miñoza
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations to Kevin and Shane on another successful KC E-M Festival.

Loved it!! See you all on the next one.

~

adamon

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks to everyone who came out; I had a great weekend! It was nice to see some old faces and meet many new ones as well. Kevin and Shane definitely put on a great event!

I have a lot of pics to sort through, but its going to have to wait as I'm moving this week... I'll get them up here once I start getting settled into the new pad.

Also, many thanks go out to Shane and Darrell for becoming the newest Marsynth owners!

mrspiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I too had a blast and a half, and really enjoyed meeting everyone. I am sorry my performance hiatus will mean I have to miss the event in 2011, but I hope to be back as soon after that as possible. In the meantime, keep on making great music and supporting one another; this is a fantastic community and has much to be proud of.

Many thanks to our hosts, and to new friends and old, for a marvelous time.

mike

prime mover, atomic city / mindSpiral
kkissinger

Audio files: 42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Thanks to everyone that made KCREM 2010 a success Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone!

To be at the festival was to be on an emotional "high" for three solid days. I'm sure I was running on adrenaline -- somehow we all managed to keep going strong despite jams and conversations that went way into the wee hours.

By Monday evening the sleep-deprivation feeling "hit" and just sort of sunk into my comfy chair with a kind of happy exhaustion.

When we started in 2009, I had absolutely no idea how to organize a festival. As of now, I still am far from an expert. What makes such events successful is the spirit of the participants. I am still overwhelmed and humbled that so many talented people donated their time and talent to the festival.

And the music-making was extraordinary. The individual sets were all nicely done -- appreciated and enjoyed by all. The collaborations were quite amazing -- everyone found a way to contribute to the group while leaving ample "space" for everyone else -- quite a feat when one considers the number of people in the jam sessions.

We had a number of fine seminars, too. We discussed DIY hardware and software, demoed a process (DecalPro) to make professional decals for panels, checked out some popular DIY hardware (the Klee Sequencer and MPS), learned about Lunetta sounds and design techniques, and learned about impulse processing with convolution -- it does sweet reverbs however is not limited to reverbs -- a very inspiring demo, indeed.

We sincerely appreciated the internet stream audience -- I wish we had had more people from the local area in attendance however people seemed to enjoy performing for the streaming listeners. Many thanks to the stream operators who had to work some weird hours to keep us up and running.

Go ahead and pencil in the dates for next year... July 22, 23, and 24... we will make an official announcement as soon as the dates are secured on the calendar.

Many thanks to Shane for his help -- he handled all the scheduling and promotion for the event not to mention helping me schlep the PA and my heavy synthesizer from my house to the festival.

Thank you, Howard, for handling the streaming.

And again, thanks to EVERYONE for making this a successful event.

Hope to see everyone in Kansas City next year and hopefully more people who were unable to attend this year.

Page 5 of 6 [135 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » electro-music festivals
Jump to: