electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings
Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings
Pictures Show Classmate Being Stabbed, Hung

OCALA, Fla. -- Two boys, ages 9 and 10, were charged with felonies and taken away from school in handcuffs, accused of making violent drawings of stick figures.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
http://www.local6.com/news/4130302/detail.html

This is pretty hard to believe. It's criminal to arrest children and lead them out of their school in handcuffs. Making violent drawings should not be a crime. It's a form of artistic expression; protected by the US constitution. When I was a kid this age, my friend Bobby Nelson and I used to draw violent stick figures in school. We were digesting the world of violence we were living in. Believe me, our pictures were much more graphic and upsetting than this one.

Ocala Police Sgt. Russ Kern.
The man who arrested these children did a bad thing. If the intent was indeed to intimidate another child, then they should receive suitable professional counseling, but their artistic expression in drawing, music, or poetry should never be suppressed.

Here's a picture of the fool who is the chief of police in Ocala. If I could, I would draw in a knife sticking in his head with blood coming out to express my disgust. Unfortunately, I don't have the graphics arts chops to do that. Maybe someone can help me out.

Now we have an interesting situation. Shouldn't this police so-called officer take the time to bend over and pull his head out of his ass so he can arrest the editor of the Local Channel 6 for distributing this intimidating art? Maybe he should arrest me for posting it on electro-music.com.

Last edited by mosc on Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm.. you better seek politial asylum in Norway ASP. That guy probably knows your address by now.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the guy is part of the sub-genius conspiration and could become Florida's next Governor Shocked

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, he could start to mess with gays, artists and the other heathen scum. Then he would at least have a chance of becoming president of the US one day. Hmm.. and he should probably start using even more coke..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
play

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see it off on the horizon, the bill of rights fleeing in disgust.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now maybe you guys will understand why American's are so passionate about having guns. Such uncivil civil authorities makes you want to relay on yourself for protection. The people in Ocala feel they need to be armed. What else can you do if you live there?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do they really have to live there? Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yes, people really do live there. There are some famous authors and poets that lived there back in the early part of the last century. (I can't remember their names unfortunately.) The area was culturally mostly rural South until recently when lots of developments have been built for people moving down from the Northeast US. Now the rednecks are being pushed out by the Yankee retirees who like the warm weather and flat golf courses.

I grew up in Jacksonville, not too terribly far from Ocala. Been there many times.

Ponk

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
If I could, I would draw in a knife sticking in his head with blood coming out to express my disgust. Unfortunately, I don't have the graphics arts chops to do that. Maybe someone can help me out.

Is this what you had in mind? I'm always glad to help Twisted Evil

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked Yes, that's pretty much what was in my mind's eye when I read this article. Thanks. Wink Shocked

I've added a little color. Hope that's OK with you...

knife.jpg
 Description:
Freedom of expression is repressed in Ocala
 Filesize:  31.95 KB
 Viewed:  38205 Time(s)

knife.jpg

Static Strobe Emitter

Audio files: 243

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Omg..... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive got a picture which I made when I was 8 years old,
I will scan it later and put it up here. The risk is
though that I might suffer a death penalty for it.

what are these people thinking?
police arresting kids for violent stickmen drawings...
its actually so funny I could laugh my head off =D

but in the real world, its not really funny at all,
these kids being arrested in young age,
and will have that living with them forever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well...I'm not quite the violent type, but i enjoy caricature and parody. Here's a visual embodiment of my impression:

edit : jackass.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Baby gets £50 fine

A 16-month-old boy got his dad a £50 litter fine - for throwing an empty can out of his pram.

Elliot Nightingale threw the Pepsi Max can into a bush after 21-year-old dad Lee put it in his pram.

But it was spotted by a litter enforcement officer who stung the jobless labourer with the on-the-spot penalty.

Lee, of Oldham, Greater Manchester, branded the fine "absolutely ridiculous."

Lee, who lives with Elliot's mum Teresa Nadin, 19, added: "Elliot wouldn't understand he was doing anything wrong. I tried to get the can out of the bush but it was thorny and I had to leave it.

"I offered to go back and try again but was told it was too late and I had to pay."

Graham Boundy, of Oldham Council, warned that anyone aged ten or over would be fined for dropping litter, including cigarette butts, chewing gum, apple cores, crisp packets and drink containers.

He added: "The council is committed to maintaining a clean and pleasant borough."

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Static Strobe Emitter

Audio files: 243

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: =/=/=/=/ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im so freaking happy I live in sweden,
thats all I have to say.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
the guy is part of the sub-genius conspiration

Hey now! No true man of SLACK would ever have the aspiration to arrest some one over stick figures!

And for $35, you too can enjoy the freedom of Bob....
http://www.subgenius.com/

Please, check out the SLAQ, I mean, FAQ....
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
Hey now! No true man of SLACK would ever have the aspiration to arrest some one over stick figures!

I'm sorry Wink I think you're right Exclamation

Quote:
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

anyone aged ten or over would be fined for dropping litter, including cigarette butts, chewing gum, apple cores, crisp packets and drink containers.

no fine for picking up your nose Question Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zynthetix wrote:
Here's a visual embodiment of my impression:

edit : jackass.

That's fantastic, Zynth. Excellent...

Oskar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
the guy is part of the sub-genius conspiration and could become Florida's next Governor Shocked

He IS Florida's next governor! Twisted Evil

dmosc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry to drag this up but I read this article and it reminded me of this thread.

http://gr.bolt.com/articles/jack/jack.htm

Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Reviews, Editorials and Commentary » Commentary and Editorials
Jump to: