electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Kyma
I purchased a Capybara 320 at last
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Pinky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: I purchased a Capybara 320 at last Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very excited and a feeling of 'At Last!' The Capy's are coming down in price all the time and this was the only way I could afford it. Very excited it arrives this week hopefully.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: I purchased a Capybara 320 at last Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pinky wrote:
Very excited and a feeling of 'At Last!' The Capy's are coming down in price all the time and this was the only way I could afford it. Very excited it arrives this week hopefully.

Hey Pinky! welcome to electro-music.com!

Sounds totally brilliant! Gives us a demo when you've got the thing up and running!
I've got the same attitude btw, for a Nord G2- if I can find one though that is.

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Pinky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey thanks I will.

Got to get it here from the USA yet though.

I've ordered the Kyma book in the meantime- the shipping is actually not so much, I chose the wrong option.

Cheers
_bp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

By sure to join the forums and check out the tweaky once you get the ownership transferred over.
Pinky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks bp I will...
Pinky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's arrived! It's very big- and noisy! It's wonderful!

What I'm so enjoying is the shift in paradigm. A Sound in Kyma is a process and the timeline schedules these processes. I'm all so really enjoying the documentation (printed- I can't do 1000 page pdf's!).

And the sound. What a sound! Very early days (page 29 of the manual) but the difference to the DAW experience is so refreshing.
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Pinky, welcome to the forums!

The sound is indeed great. Enjoy! Smile

I have had Kyma for over a year now, and am still a noob.

Pinky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks

One year but feeling OK about the learning curve I hope? Not overwhelmed.

There are too many manuals in my life though I have to say KymaX Revealed is a delight to work with.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a lot to learn!

Years of learning I would say.

Expect to read the manual many times and still be scratching your head Smile
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The learning curve is up to you, really - it depends on what you want to achieve with it. Kyma in itself is as you say a delight to work with, and it grows with your increasing knowledge. I wouldn't say that it's difficult to learn as such, but it requires a great deal more of focus when you are working and learning, since it imposes few limitations on what is possible. That limitlessness is overwhelming, but only when I lose focus. Wink

Taking time to go through the manual is important and gives you good working habits and a good overview. Kyma has pretty much been a culture shock for me (still is!) since I come from a hardware background, and there are plenty of things that still puzzle me, but all in all it is an amazing sound design tool that makes you want to know more and more.

Kyma is like a good friend - you just want to spend more and more time together. Smile

Pinky wrote:
Thanks

One year but feeling OK about the learning curve I hope? Not overwhelmed.

There are too many manuals in my life though I have to say KymaX Revealed is a delight to work with.

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Kyma
Jump to: