electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
<on air> Rob Adventures in Sound
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Big problem recieving Sysex to CARD!!!
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
lunaire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Big problem recieving Sysex to CARD!!! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello folks, guess what, Im in big trouble here, check this out..

I bought a SRAM card, the amtron 2 mb version, it arrived today, I initialized it, followed all the standard procedures described in the manual, opened my sysex librarian software at my macintosh , sent an old user bank of mine to card bank 01 and when i try to reach that bank I discovered my Andromeda froze!! Thats right everysingle component or feature froze, i turn my andy off, turn it back on, and it is still in a "frozen" mode! I turn it off, take the card out, turn it on, its all fine again. So I realized the soundbank i sent to the card is somehow buggy and harms the whole system and now I cant use my brand new sram card , because if i place it in again and try to change banks, the whole system will freeze again.. HELP!!!

Seth
Dylan Nau

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This has recently happened to me as well, only it was on a card that was working fine, kind of. I re-initialised the card and started over and things seemed to clear up. The thing froze up on me at a gig (again!). Remember, those cards run on batteries and they seem to die often.
lunaire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my card is auto rechargeble though.

i am 100% sure though the problem is the soundbank, its corrupted i believe because when i add it to my regular user bank, it will cause my andi to freeze as well, just not promptly, but after i play a bit around with the patches!

But how to clean my card now? how to reset it?

DUMB QUESTION, i have just dumped a healthy bank to the same spot and its fine though. . its just a shame my previous user bank is corrupted, i had many great patches there .. :/

seth
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: