electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Hello I am Smackos
Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
smackos

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Hello I am Smackos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi!

I am Smackos, synthesizer freak since 1991.
I reside in The Hague, The Netherlands.

I recently developed an unhealthy love for the Clavia G2 series and I was attended to this place by Kassen and some other people. So far it looks
pretty interesting with lots of knowledge around and I already downloaded some patches, and I was in particular impressed by the Koto patch!

I am the proud owner of a G2X which I traded my Andromeda A6 for, which interface I just couldn't feel.. the G2X on the other hand has made an incredible impression on me. I already had some experience with a Micromodular but this is way beyond there. Especially the detail and broad range of nuances in sound character surprise me (compared to the old classic Clavia modulars).

To make it even more tragic Wink I traded my Jupiter 6 today for a G2 engine to spice up the multitrimbality of my G2 world cause I was running on empty in the slot department...so to speak.

Furthermore I produce various types of "dark" electronic music and mainly like old synthesizer music, as long as it is not cheesy.

Some other synths I use: Rhodes Chroma, Jupiter 8 and 4(The 4 is one of my all time favorites), DX7IID & DX7 and a bag of old monos.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome smackos

There are certainly a lot of people from The Hague and from the rest of The Netherlands as well, here on electro-music.com. It's a great music center.

Congratulations on your new G2s, and welcome aboard...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
smackos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, The Hague is always been -kind off Very Happy- the electronic music capital of Holland. In my imagination mostly.
Mohoyoho

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome Smackos. I would be interested in hearing some of your music.
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
http://cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck2
http://www.limitedwave.com/subterraneous/
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Hello I am Smackos Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smackos wrote:
I traded my Jupiter 6 today for a G2 engine to spice up the multitrimbality of my G2

you must be really addicted to Clavia Very Happy anyway... you are not the only one around here Wink welcome to electro-music.com Exclamation

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smackos wrote:
Well, The Hague is always been -kind off Very Happy- the electronic music capital of Holland. In my imagination mostly.

I visited a synthesizer museum in your town, maybe you are right Very Happy

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, herr Smackos, good to see you here.

It's kinda nice here, there's all these old people that know stuff and they don't even demand all those boring drum sounds all the time.

:-p

smackos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are old too Kassen. Grumpy old men.

Here is a Mp3 of something soundtrackishy I made with the Jupiter 4:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~awolfe/TributetoGiombini.mp3
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smackos wrote:
We are old too Kassen. Grumpy old men.

I'm kinda woried about those couple of grey hairs but at least I'm not joining the "live together and get kids" crew yet. I think we'll survive.

I did get earplugs just now but then again i got them because mr. chinetti, mr. ranger and me are going to a hardcore party tonoight so.....

smackos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like you are going to purgatory hell...
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a pic of you from the NM Event last July. http://electro-music.com/images/TheHague2004/index.html

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
smackos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another pic of the meeting:

nord.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.15 KB
 Viewed:  8808 Time(s)

nord.jpg

diskonext

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hiya Smackos (en welkom),

indeed a busy town, The Hague.

I saw you perform at Zuidwal three(ish?) weeks ago, right? Had a great time that night!

-diskonext

Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi smackos.
Good to see you here too.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

diskonext wrote:
Hiya Smackos (en welkom),

indeed a busy town, The Hague.

I saw you perform at Zuidwal three(ish?) weeks ago, right? Had a great time that night!

-diskonext

Quite possible though I think Smackos only played for a short while. Chinetti (did a set, i think), Rob, Wout Blommers and me (spinning in the third room) were also there. You should shake hands next time.

diskonext

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha,

I will definitely try to pick you guys out next time, I can use the NM-meeting pics for reference!

I vaguely recall someone vaguely resembling the Smackos pic posted here, closing some sliders on a mixing desk with loads of applause Wink

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

diskonext wrote:
I vaguely recall someone vaguely resembling the Smackos pic posted here, closing some sliders on a mixing desk with loads of applause Wink

It has been reported to me by someone who would know that Smackos is a bit of a star in Europe. I hope he figures a way to get to Philadelphis and electro-music 2005 in June Rolling Eyes

smackos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I hope he figures a way to get to Philadelphis and electro-music 2005 in June

Only if Kassen comes along...perhaps I might be in the neighbourhood.

Quote:
Quite possible though I think Smackos only played for a short while. Chinetti (did a set, i think), Rob, Wout Blommers and me (spinning in the third room) were also there.

Yes I only played "Romantic Smack" straight from my micro modular, then I put on Skinny Boys - Jockbox on the recordplayer and Sendex started a human beatbox frenzy over it and a DJ took over before I even knew it.
Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smackos wrote:
Quote:
I hope he figures a way to get to Philadelphis and electro-music 2005 in June

Only if Kassen comes along...perhaps I might be in the neighbourhood.

It does sound like a lot of fun but I need to considder pratical matters like the price of flight tickets. Perhaps we could make that Spec. guy book a couple of nights? I could play my own stuff before anybody that might be chased away gets in, you could play, we could have spec spin and perhaps do a couple of Laura V. style tracks together? Surely some people would pay for that?

Presentations are no problem I will cheerfully rant for a hour on some topic nobody has ever heard of but which needs to become standard yesterday. I have a couple of those in the closet. Nobody realy likes those or understands the need for them and certainly nobody in his right mind would implement them but I could use images and big words and we could pretend it´s impressively advanced. We could also refuse to comb our hair and set up the theremin controler; looking like a mad scientist is always good for presentations.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kassen wrote:
looking like a mad scientist is always good for presentations.

That's a good role from time to time - for sure...

zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen. Question Shocked
got my ear...
smackos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Perhaps we could make that Spec. guy book a couple of nights?

Yes that was what I thought anyway.

Philly ain't for from NY...

Maybe Spec can play too with his Grackle project?
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are lots of Grackles in the Eastern Pennsylvania area.

http://www.mangoverde.com/birdsound/spec/spec204-31.html

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Kassen
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
There are lots of Grackles in the Eastern Pennsylvania area.

It´s also the name of the experimental project of our u.s. tourmanager. It´s actually quite good and nicely quircky. I would like to link to tracks but my friendly server admin messed up my server in recent reinstall and I´ll have to spank him first before it all gets back up.

Page 1 of 1 [24 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Introduce Yourself
Jump to: