electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Buchla 208 Random PCB
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 5 [125 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
julian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its not pretty, but...

I wanted to make the board self supporting, so i messed about making it into a euro module. Its not glamorous, or particularly well thought out, but i think itll work (its populated now, but i dont have all the ics at present)

Julian

eurohack.jpg
 Description:
My euro-hack : /
 Filesize:  631.9 KB
 Viewed:  2468 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

eurohack.jpg

For custom cnc engraved panels see - http://www.thebeast.co.uk/cnc/

Coriolis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey that's cool! Looks good I think...

C

Tasmanian Alkaloid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a video of my 208 module. I haven't made a panel for it yet, but i put a CGS LED driver on each of the outputs.
The video title is a bit of a misnomer- the blue flashing LED is from a CGS Utility LFO, & the 4 LED's of the 208 are at the back.
It's a really fun module for firing off parameters like delay time cv, or for mixing to a single (summed) signal.
In the video, the 208 triggers delay parameters, a 258 VCO, Teezer & VCS.
The VCS triggers the 208 & the Utility LFO & VCS modulate the oscillators.
Thanks Romeo & to Luka

RF

Audio files: 28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the PCB run guys -well done!
I shoulda bought more of them than I did... If anyone has a couple they want to part with, PM me Smile

I finished the build on the first one of mine late last night. I added an internal clock, ext clock input, votage range adjust for each output and clock/trigger outputs.

I enjoyed experimenting with it last night and look forward to using it more. Among other things, I know I'll be using it often as a CV for various filters - I have sometimes tied up a sequencer doing that duty and this is a much better solution.

Thanks!

bruce

buchlarnd.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.73 KB
 Viewed:  2430 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

buchlarnd.jpg

"I want to make these sounds that go wooo-wooo-ah-woo-woo.”
(Herb Deutsch to Bob Moog ~1963)
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still waiting for my pcbs to arrive Mad
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mono-poly wrote:
Still waiting for my pcbs to arrive Mad

problem solved (they showed up shortly after this was posted). hope you like 'em!

b

mono-poly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess i will!
Thank you!
ricoloverde

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: 208 thanx Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi got a pcb for this off muffwiggler and built it today. Really enjoying it. Thank you so much for this one, cant wait to play with it more...

rico
Quad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I finally sat down and finished one of these, it works great. A lot of fun. Thank you Now I'm thinking I should build in a voltage controlled clock, is this something I could rip out of the 266 design (I am thinking the FRV 555 driver might work) or should I look for a VC-lfo, which is simplest to build? What have you guys used?
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quad wrote:
I finally sat down and finished one of these, it works great. A lot of fun. Thank you Now I'm thinking I should build in a voltage controlled clock, is this something I could rip out of the 266 design (I am thinking the FRV 555 driver might work) or should I look for a VC-lfo, which is simplest to build? What have you guys used?

you might look at the 4046-based vco that's part of ken stone's digital noise...

Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If anyone has one or more of these PCBs they'd like to part with, please contact me.

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
electang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Peake wrote:
If anyone has one or more of these PCBs they'd like to part with, please contact me.

I would be interested in one PCB too
Please contact me
Thanks
LektroiD

G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If there are any PCBs left, please let me know, as I'd like one.

Many thanks Smile

krisp14u

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

also be in for 2 PCB if there is a rerun I just dont feel like etching no more Razz

Paul Darlow

www.krisp1.com
Peake

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I almost have 1000 posts, and I'm pretty sure that EM sends out free PCBs to you when you pass 1000, so I'll forward them as they come in.

(hides)

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
RSFC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take 1 or 2 if there is another go.
synthi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

same here: 2 pcbs if the rerun is done Cool
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't have permission to do a second run of the original design; but i might consider a run of a modified layout to include an onboard clocking vco and some (optional) output level trimmers. please continue to post so i can gauge interest.

b

/mr

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could use a PCB or two if it's done.
A clocking oscillator would be a good thing to include (I would add one if I'd build one myself), but output level trimmers feel unnecessary. Decent synths have level pots on their inputs. Smile
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/mr wrote:
I could use a PCB or two if it's done.
A clocking oscillator would be a good thing to include (I would add one if I'd build one myself), but output level trimmers feel unnecessary. Decent synths have level pots on their inputs. Smile

as designed, these outputs swing almost rail-to-rail, so i usually put at least some fixed dividers to bring 'em down to +/-5 or 10 v. of course, they'd be entirely optional.

/mr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fluxmonkey wrote:
as designed, these outputs swing almost rail-to-rail, so i usually put at least some fixed dividers to bring 'em down to +/-5 or 10 v.

That's a good idea. Smile
The Bad Producer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fluxmonkey wrote:
i don't have permission to do a second run of the original design; but i might consider a run of a modified layout to include an onboard clocking vco and some (optional) output level trimmers. please continue to post so i can gauge interest.

b

I'd probably go for a few (4 maybe?) if this happens..

Charlie

Quad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A variable lag processor that could be coupled with the clock could be an interesting add-on...
rosch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'd be interested too. at least 2 please-
thank you!
Photon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds great, bbob. I'm interested in a board or two. The output trimmers and clock would be very nice additions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 3 of 5 [125 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: