electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Pimping Your Klee
Page 2 of 2 [35 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Luka

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would it possible to have different clocks for A & B ?
http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 96

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure it can be done; running 1X16 might get "interesting" at two different clock rates. A second clock could be reasonably done with little circuitry. To make two different load circuits might get a bit more involved.
nepalnt21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it possible to turn off individual steps, as in skipping them?
nepalnt21

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

bump
Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no skip function, nor can I see any way of doing it easily with this architecture.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scott Stites wrote:
There's no skip function, nor can I see any way of doing it easily with this architecture.

The dual clock thingie from above got me thinking ... instead of skipping a step you could make it run very fast for one or more steps.

Scott Stites
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that could work. IIRC, that's how the ARP 1061 skip function worked - a really fast oscillator that would zap right past steps.
phinland

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Scott/All,

I was just wondering about Scott's add on Special K board modification which offered those 4 Klee holy grails

1) A-B / B-A subtraction
2) Reverse
3) Sync/ASync load
4) Independant clocking for A and B

Did, will or could these ever get any further, insofar as a single additional board and instructions for jump-leading into an existing build?

The rev3 schematic you posted, did that ever get implemented?

Or, more specifically to me, if I were about to take on a Klee, is there anything I should do from the start of the build to accommodate this? If I take the plunge and 'go Klee' I would allay like it to have that additional functionality.

duncanrmi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: new klee owner/user Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought my klee ready-built from a guy in israel, & a beautiful job someone has made of the construction. it's standalone, on a bridechamber panel in a "nice racks" wooden box, & seems to adhere rigidly to the design, i.e. there are no mods like midi clock or anything. I may add a midi clock later, & possibly a cv>midi converter if a suitable unit is available. I think analogue solutions do something, & doepfer have one in the works.

I own quite a few sequencers of one sort or another, so I'm a bit obsessive about functionality & appearance- short list: notron mk1 (x4... I don't think anyone else has this many), three doepfer maqs, two dark times, two sequentix P3s, a cirklon, an octopus......

anyway, I also do my own engineering & customisation of stuff. I just figured I'd never have the time to build a klee myself.

plans I have for mine: I'm about halfway through replacing the LEDs with 14V amber incandescent lamp fixtures- these needed transistor drivers (2N3904) adding, & I'm guessing I'll need to beef up the power supply a bit. the LM317T is rated at 1A+, depending on the source voltage & load current, but I don't want to fry anything. I have an smpsu somewhere that might be a better fit.

I'm also adding doepfer quantisers to rein the klee in a bit... Smile these will be inserted directly after the stage summing & before the glide circuits.
the stripped a156 board will be inside the klee, & will stay on "minor scale".

as well as this, I'm going to modify the range selection & range-variable. the former will be instead a series of fixed voltages to be summed with the stage outputs, so that the switch transposes the whole instrument up in 3rds, 5ths, octaves....
the range-variable pot will still adjust the master range of the stage pots, but will be limited to two octaves at the maximum. I settled on this after a bit of experimentation; if the klee is running one or two single event patterns, I'll still have a two octave range. but as soon as another stage is active, we're into four-octave territory. now, if I'm using the klee to extemporise while other instruments (other sequencers, whatever) are also in the mix, things will get too busy.

enough for now. anyone got any thoughts on this?

duncan.
el-bee

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On same track with phinland here:

Did anyone ever make / test a Uber Klee prototype?

I'm working to bag up my build, and incorporating the L/R + Async bits into my panel design would still be possible provided that the Rev3 circuit works.. Wouldn't even mind about the whatever problems with random signal routing logic Scott mentioned about, as long as L/R & Async work otherwise (?) Smile

Soo... Scott? Ringer? Anyone?
Page 2 of 2 [35 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: