electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Building Blocks for G2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Building Blocks for G2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This might seem like an odd request but I'm interested in seeing some very basic or 'building-block' type G2 patches from some of the patchers here who can quickly and clearly patch examples of various, more obscure or interesting synthesis techniques, tricks, or demonstrations.

For example, I went through all of Rob's G2 workshops and patched a lot of the filters, mainly, and saved them as 'building blocks'. I've also torn out various warmth tricks and sequencers from other peoples' patches, as well.

This is interesting, fun, and educational in it's own right, but I think I'd like to see a separate subforum for G2 building blocks or 'macros'.
Things like Rob's filters, warmth patches, the latest detuning example, and some of the unique sequencers floating around here could be compiled into their own sub-forum.

Ok, enough out of me. At the very least, I'd like to encourage the experts to upload some basic/tutorial-like patches that demonstrate specific principles or techniques.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm willing to set up a such a forum if other people thought it was a good idea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
grimley

G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll second it ... I think it's a great idea. I already have a "Building Blocks" folder which I'm starting to fill with the same things cebec mentions.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, give me a little while to recover from this last server outage. I'll set it up as soon as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cebec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool. and glad to see the server's back... just moments after i sent an e-mail to the NM list inquiring about it, too.
anyway, i have a big folder of building blocks, too. I'd probably upload a few at a time, though.
ik

G2 patch files: 25

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
... I'm interested in seeing some very basic or 'building-block' type ...

Great idea. I certainly planing to upload some, ....
We need to make sure they are well documented, (input, output, function)
... also, to include an email address of the creator to contact (or to blame Very Happy Embarassed )
ik.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, a fresh cup of coffee and a new sub-forum has been created. Here it is:
http://electro-music.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=98

cebec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, i agree, they should have some notes to accompany them and the creator's e-mail address for changes/additions/or questions.
for example, all the filters i patched from rob's tutorial should be correct, but if rob checked them and found some problem, naturally we'd all want to know so we could fix them.
by the way... thanks, howard! jackson dancing
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cebec wrote:

by the way... thanks, howard! jackson dancing

Thank YOU for the suggestion... thumb up

cebec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

I posted my initial thoughts on how the Building Block forum should be populated, in response to your About This Forum message, in that forum.

So, any further discussion about this should probably continue over there.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. I'm locking this topic. Continue over here: http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-5124.html
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Moderators: Nord Modular Editors
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: