electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
lunetta sound samples
Page 10 of 13 [311 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Draal

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tjookum wrote:
loved it!

In between diaper wars your lunetta is sounding better and better! Really impressed with the progress you've made, keep it up.

Laughing ! Thanks for the feedback; it's definitely been a challenge playing/building/recording my lunetta as the weeks go by. Learning to be more patient in many of the things I do, especially creatively.

Great track by the way! Works well with the Alien Abduction paintings I'm soon to be starting Very Happy !

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
I started playing this one at high volume ... then saw all my neighbors come up to the windows, reaching for car keys to silence the alarm Shocked

Nice track Laughing

Very Happy my dog started barking...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tjookum

Audio files: 26

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Blue Hell wrote:
I started playing this one at high volume ... then saw all my neighbors come up to the windows, reaching for car keys to silence the alarm Shocked

Nice track Laughing

Very Happy my dog started barking...

hahaha, thanks guys, Ill take that as a compliment Laughing . Still thinking about setting up that radio station but school and other stuff is taking up all my time so it might take a while.

Quote:
Laughing ! Thanks for the feedback; it's definitely been a challenge playing/building/recording my lunetta as the weeks go by. Learning to be more patient in many of the things I do, especially creatively.

Great track by the way! Works well with the Alien Abduction paintings I'm soon to be starting Very Happy !

ah yes, patience Smile. The first few months I tried to build every chance, now I just take my time and solder/experiment when I feel like it.
I would love to see that painting some time!

noise
Psyingo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey guys,
i recorded this last night, using a combination of logic synths and analog modules for sound generation and processing.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

here is a picture of the set up all patched

and here is the track, im quite proud of it. i layed it down in one take live, and wanted to do some overdubs, but the overdubs i did didn't mesh with the bed track, so i used them for something else.

Monster party by Ruin
Draal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I may have said it somewhere before; but this track is set on replay on my computer. Diggin it! What's cool is to see where people take this medium; whether you're new to it or have been in this stuff deep, the personality of the creator shines through.

Therefore, there are always interesting moments that make me say, "How did he do that?".

Draal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject:
Subject description: March of the A-Bomb Ants Track
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Might as well add my latest to the pot. Reverb and stereo editing in GarageBand.

March of the A-Bomb Ants by Draal

Ajax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Draal wrote:
I may have said it somewhere before; but this track is set on replay on my computer. Diggin it! What's cool is to see where people take this medium; whether you're new to it or have been in this stuff deep, the personality of the creator shines through.

Therefore, there are always interesting moments that make me say, "How did he do that?".

Agreed. Probably one of my favorite lunetta tracks.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ruin and Draal, those are certainly great tracks. I dig both of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tjookum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ive said this elsewhere but very cool stuff guys!

I did another one. It's the recycled patch from the radio show sunday smuthered with effects, not really proud of it but might as well show it:
08-11-2010 Brumptan by Tropical Benny

Next squarewaves on the airwaves is probably going to be a blast from the past as I'll try to play some earlier tracks from this topic.

noise
tjookum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Man I had a blast going through all the earlier tracks, especially the ones by Rfeng and slacker were absolutely amazing!

I really got inspired by the self playing patches Rfeng made and tried doing something similar with 16 XOR gates and 2 4040 dividers. I linked the XOR gates together in clusters of 4 and powered them with the 4040's. The 4 signals go into a 4052 powered by 2 oscillators and straight into the mixer.
10-11-2010 ultraXOR by Tropical Benny
-Free running patch with some knob twisting to change the pitch, I kept it running for half an hour and it never really repeats itself.

11-11-2010 Pandamonium by Tropical Benny
-Different version with 4094 shiftregisters instead of the 4040's and a lot more knob twisting and layers.

HPIM1923.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.17 MB
 Viewed:  345 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

HPIM1923.JPG

noise
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice ones tjookum!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Nice ones tjookum!

Yup!

Draal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my latest track. I've been motivating myself to build less, think less, PLAY more Smile . I even set up a rather simple Nicecast stream I try to play continously (mostly) for anybody out there interested. My longer recordings can be heard there. http://98.226.196.78:8000/listen.m3u

This particular track utilizes the 4532 8 bit priority encoder ic. Connect up to 8 different inputs to it and then output the ABC pins to hear some nice variations/random patterns.

DwarfStar by Draal

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Draal wrote:
This is my latest track.

Good one. I like that multiplexer operating at low rates. Sorta like sampling different rooms as the music progresses. I think of these things as little life forms trying to express themselves. I doubt if anyone else feels that way.

tjookum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do.
noise
rich decibels

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc i just finished an exhibition of lunetta bots that was based around the idea that these little circuits are life forms that are trying to communicate with us!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rich decibels wrote:
mosc i just finished an exhibition of lunetta bots that was based around the idea that these little circuits are life forms that are trying to communicate with us!

Hey, Rich. That is a fantastic page. I wish I could have attended your exhibition, but the trip was a bit far. Those are beautiful devices you have made, and they sound great too. You have a knack of performing on them as well.

Keep up the good work, and keep us informed. Let us know before your next exhibition so those of us in New Zealand can attend.

textual

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

from earlier tonight. I was pleased with it. Info about the patch is in youtube description.

www.textualmusic.com
www.mercuryprogram.com
tjookum

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice work and very creative use of a lunetta. I really like the ambient sound and the slowly changing triangle lfo is really helping the sound along.
noise
Draal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I liked that clip Dave Very Happy .
concretedog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats a a gorgeous piece textual, really isolationist, reminds me of some of the stuff off coils Time Machines. Nice.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

textual wrote:
<
from earlier tonight. I was pleased with it.

You should be. That's very nice. Congrats.

-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

concretedog wrote:
really isolationist

You mean like this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdYLmzxMlxY
concretedog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-minus- wrote:
concretedog wrote:
really isolationist

You mean like this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdYLmzxMlxY

Haha.. actually this was the piece it reminded me of
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH11a-S5jKc&feature=related

However any reason to get the boosh involved is good in my book.
@minus- Whenever i see that actor Julian Barrett- I think of the Nathan Barley series..if you don't know it you should check it out minus... I think it would appeal.
-minus-

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah yes... COIL! I have just spent a couple of weeks playing time machines on my travels. It was the only Coil I had on my phone! It is one of my favourite albums. Just checked iTunes.... I have played the album 59 times!!! Shocked Laughing There was talk of a Time Machines 2... that was until Sleazy died a week or so ago Crying or Very sad ...

Boosh are great too! The Electro episode is a good laugh! Laughing

EDIT: Checking out Nathan Barley right now. Appeal it does! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Page 10 of 13 [311 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: