electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Finally!!! Nord Modular G2 OS & G2 Editor 1.62 (UPDATED)
Page 6 of 7 [161 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
ark

Audio files: 13
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is probably a silly question, but if you select Synth -> Synth Settings (or type Control-G), is it possible that the "Memory Protect" box is checked?
Roland Kuit

Audio files: 8
G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Embarassed wow ark, i feel dumb, you were right! thanks.
(sometimes you can overlook something).
arebee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: 1.62 update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it just me ? but i cant understand what bug you're all referring to, also i have some problems..... my editor reports "major problem" message and loses contact very frequently, a much more than a few times each working day.

i have a intel macbook pro 2.93 ghz, leopard OS 10.5.8,

its worse than the app running on my older powerbook G4 1.25ghz.

anyone experience this bug , mbe we'll get even better update soon?
zinoff

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:  help me going back to 1.4
Subject description: where can I find it?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some unexplainable reason I decided to install 1.62 on my existing installation on XP SP3.

The setup removed the existing clavia usb driver... When I connect the G2X the machine starts looking for the driver and it seems to find it and then it hangs the machine (before finishing installing the driver). I tried even with the latest driver from Clavia site and I get the same behavior.

Does anyone know where I can find the old 1.4 files? I cannot find them on Clavia site anymore. (the g2x is clearly still with version 1.4)

Thank you
ark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 1.40 versions can be found in this thread.

However, you might try the following first:

Start -> Run. Type "cmd" This will open a command window

Type

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

This will start an instance of Windows Device Manager with the ability to show drivers that are not associated with a device that is currently connected. You must now activate that ability by selecting "View" and then "Show Hidden Devices"

You should now be able to open the "Sound, video and game controllers" area and locate the old Clavia driver. Right-click it and select "Uninstall."

Now restart the machine; with a little luck you should be able to install the new driver.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great, Ark. Now we know who to go to for windows questions. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Great, Ark. Now we know who to go to for windows questions. Very Happy
Actually, I'm very far from being an expert in this stuff. But when I encounter a problem, I'm pretty good at pawing around the web to find solutions, and when I find a solution, I tend to remember it in case someone has a similar problem. Which someone just did.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ark wrote:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
start devmgmt.msc

Handy! added it to my user environment vars.

jima

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1

Thanks ark! Just tried it on Vista x64 Business and it works a treat. That's going to be really handy.

Jim
zinoff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: thanks... but unfortunately Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it still hangs...

I tried reverting to version 1.0 and it still hangs, so it must be something else I guess. Time to scratch the system.

Cheers.
zenke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm getting this 'major problem' issue that is mentioned above by arabee. it happens very frequently. its really a bore.
Anyone found a way to solve this bug?
Z
BigShort

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just an update to this quoted 1 year ago problem

BigShort wrote:
sopheapsem wrote:
Am I the only one in which this 1.6.2 didn't fix the Editor disconnect issue? Curious, because I also experience this same bug in 1.4 as well--consistently.

To clarify, in 1.6.2, same for me as 1.6.0, same for me as 1.4, I can connect my G2 via USB, open the editor and the hard/soft connection is made and I can build/tweak, etc. If I quit the editor & then restart the editor--I can't get the software to recognize the hardware until I either power-cycle the G2 or disconnect the USB cable and re-connect it. This has been the case ever since I first got the G2 (only about 14 months ago), and so seeing it in 1.6.0 didn't surprise me, and I was more surprised to hear people noticing it for the first time. But the problem is definitely NOT fixed on my system in 1.6.2, so I am now fully curious what is up? anyone else with the same system as me experiencing same/different?

Macbook Pro (2.33 Intel Core 2 Duo) OS 10.5.6 / G2 Keyboard (expanded) updated to 1.6.2

jake

same here on my macbook and a G2X

i didnt do anything against, i could live with it and now -
i dont have this prob anymore Rolling Eyes

and i dont know when it was gone Wink hmm Question and i dont hope it cames back
zenke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not quite the same problem which I m experiencing. I am working awy happily and suddenly I get a 'Major Error' message box and the software link has gone. I have to then close the editor and unplug USB. reopen and replug.
This is the same on 1.62 and 1.4
z
BigShort

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its a bit different, i know and i didnt say its the same -
i didnt got this error message
solving the problem for the moment (unpluggin usb ...)
that was the same

maybe my probs disappeared from alone because of one
of those regulary osx software updates

i stay on 10.5.8 on a macbook 2GHz and now all
is good except a problem if i use logic or ableton live with
software instruments paralell with the G2editor
the speed went down and all ended in an editor crash

i hope an update or a clean system can help u
mattmumu

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: G2 os 1.6.2
Subject description: operating system question

Hi, I am a new G2 owner. What a wicked synth. My question is. My g2 is running version 1.40 os. I have loaded 1.6.2 editor on my mac ( PPC running tiger 10.4.11). Should I update the OS of the machine to 1.6.2?
ark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: G2 os 1.6.2
Subject description: operating system question

mattmumu wrote:
Hi, I am a new G2 owner. What a wicked synth. My question is. My g2 is running version 1.40 os. I have loaded 1.6.2 editor on my mac ( PPC running tiger 10.4.11). Should I update the OS of the machine to 1.6.2?

Yup. I'm surprised that the 1.62 editor even works with 1.40 OS.
Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, earlier in this thread there is said that the OS 1.6 on the synth doesn't work as well as the 1.40. So i am still running 1.40 on the G2X and 1.62 editor on the mac. And that works very well till now (Almost a year).
lunaire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: what about snow leopard eith the g2? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have just bought a G2 with expansion board from ebay, but i forgot to ask if it runs on snow leopard, does it??? I f not i could manage to use an older computer just for it but i would perfer to use in my main computer wich runs snow leopard.
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes,I'm running V 1.62 on a Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.5.
I haven't worked with it very much since getting the computer,but it seems to be functioning fine.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
Wan

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ditto.

I am running the editor v 1.62 on osx 10.6.5 with OS 1.40 in the G2X itself. It runs ok, only when i close the editor i can't start it a second time, i have to restart the computer for that. So it runs 1 time per session. I can handle that:)

pyrosonic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wan,I think if you update to 1.62 on the G2 you won't have that problem anymore.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
haxern

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rivelen wrote:
to Roland :
i experienced same thing some times ago,
i could not save some patch on the machine, it caused a hang.
i sent an email to clavia and a gentleman from there replied me that the OS 1.6 has probably revealed some memory corruption on my G2.
here is the fix ...

"1. Use the Editor to make a total backup of all patches and performance in your unit. You need to save everything on your computer hard drive. And do not forget to verify that these backups can actually be loaded back to the G2 after you have saved them.

2. When you are certain that you have backups and copies of all your important files, we want you to erase all the content of the G2 flash memory. Here is how to do this:

a. Shut down the G2 and then hold the Performance Mode, Display Mode and Store buttons while you power the unit up. Keep holding until the G2 Testprg is visible in the display.

b. The lower line in the display will show: MNB - PNL - EXP and SYS. Press the Keyboard Assign D button to enter the SYS tests .

c. Use the right arrow navigator button to scroll to the ERASE FFS action. This is an eraser for the flash memory, and when activated will format the entire flash. Every program, patch and performance will be erased in the G2.

d. Press the A button to "run" the eraser.
or (it depend on your g2 hardware version)
You start the process by pressing: Shift, Patch Load, Store and Patch Settings, 4 buttons at the same time.

e. When this is completed, turn off the G2 and then back on. Reload your programs and try saving again.

If this was not successful, do it again but select the ERASE ALL which is found after the ERASE FFS option. This will force you to reload the OS, I would go for the 1.6 first. If this still produces errors, downgrade to 1.4. "

This fix was ok for me. i just had a problem to re-import the perfs in the machine, i had to load each one by one, could not load by bank...

I suspect some patch from the NM->G2 conversion to be bad formed and have corrupted the memory (?), because the problem happened again just after i played with the NMG2 archive... but i'm not sure..maybe it's a clue..i don't want to blame anyone.

i hope it work for you.

Thx rivelen, that worked for me.
I hat to re-import some of the corrupted files, I'm able to download whole banks again...
I'm sticking to 1.62 at the moment on G2X, we'll see...
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:  Module Names displayed differently in 1.62? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Merry Christmas Everyone Exclamation

The screen backlight has failed on my 32 bit WinXP laptop that I had used to run the 1.40 version Editor software. Crying or Very sad My brother very generously gave me a spare laptop with 64 bit Windows 7 Professional loaded. I installed the 1.62 version Editor and (“manually”) the 64 bit 2.16 version USB driver. It appears that everything is working OK, even with my G2X with the 1.40 OS still loaded. Very Happy

One little minor thing that I noticed though; the 1.62 Editor displays the module names in italics (e.g. LFO 1 vs. LFO 1 displayed by earlier versions).

Is this a normal “feature” of the 1.62 Editor Question

dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Merry Christmas Varice!!

I'm not seeing italics here in the module names, not in the original editor or my custom one!

varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the quick reply Albert Exclamation

So, it looks like Windows 7 is maybe messing with the module name font… Oh well, no big deal. In fact, it doesn’t look all that bad Exclamation , just different. Laughing

And BTW, a Happy New Year wish to you and everyone Exclamation

Page 6 of 7 [161 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: