electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com
is it for real?
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
seraph
Editor
Editor

Audio files: 33
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: is it for real? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most users ever online was 157 on Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:33 pm

Quote:
Don't die with your music still in you - Wayne Dyer
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, well.. you saw those PDF files I sent you..

Right now there are 109 people online, but only 3 members..

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With some admin tools I can look at the IPs of people browsing the forum. As I write this there are 107 people browsing the forum, but only three members. At frist I thought these guests were a scanbot, like Yahoo or Google with periodically scan the site. When this happens, the IPs are from one site, or a few that are closely related numerically. At this time the IPs seem to be from all over. It appears there are a lot of people visiting our site. Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..and the logs are reflecting this of course? Will december be another record breaking month?
Idea Shocked Very Happy Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, for kbytes, visits, and sites... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy party!

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

excellent, we are being noticed Very Happy

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have just added a fix to the forum to prevent us from filling the sessions id table again. (see http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-4663.html ). I don't know, but it seems possible that those huge numbers we have been seeing for simultaneous people logged on may be an artifact of entries in the sessions table that were not being cleaned out properly. Thats just a guess.

Actually, the fix that was added wouldn't change this behavior. Hmmm...

LoKi

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It wouldn't surprise me if there are more people here than you think...
I've been 'using' this forum LONG before I signed up.

Edit: typo

Ponk

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The number of guests can be a little misleading, because there are probably a lot of people who are registered users, but don't log in every time they visit the site. I check for new entries at least once a day, but log in only now and then, that is, when I want to take part in a discussion.
LoKi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My browser logs me in automatically, and I should think it's the same with most users?
seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ponk wrote:
I check for new entries at least once a day, but log in only now and then, that is, when I want to take part in a discussion.

I think you should log in to check new messages because once you are logged in you can click on "view posts since last visit", a very useful tool Idea Very Happy

Quote:
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Auto login doesn't work with all borwsers.

We are consistently getting about 12000 page views per day, and we are hit by 15000 different sites a month.

It's amazing...

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

It doesn't with my "safari" since I changed my e-mail address, a long time ago Crying or Very sad

Quote:
LoKi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

seraph wrote:
mosc wrote:

It doesn't with my "safari" since I changed my e-mail address, a long time ago Crying or Very sad

So change the email address in your profile???

seraph
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LoKi wrote:

So change the email address in your profile???

well... Cool It's simpler to log in every time (I don't use the old e-mail address anymore)

Quote:
Ponk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I think you should log in to check new messages because once you are logged in you can click on "view posts since last visit", a very useful tool

Yep, I know. I just usually check if anyone has posted any new music and it's quite easy to do even without logging in. I turned the auto login, though, now that it came up. I don't know, maybe it was too much work ticking that box or something and that's why I didn't do it before Wink . And easier to click the magic wand button every time I wanted to post anything. I walk on mysterious ways...
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are getting a lot more hits from guests than from people who log in. Every couple of days now I'm pruning the session table. A full table makes posting slow, but doesn't seem to affect browsing too much. If your session is removed from the table, it has the effect of logging you out. This makes all your orange icons go away. I came up with a script to remove the session table entries for only guests. The last time I ran the script it took the table down from 4800 rows to 233. That's sorta a way to tell the use by guests verses logged on members...
diskonext

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are some screen-scrapers of electro-music as well. Or maybe they use the RSS feed (is there one?).

I saw some of the concerts I only posted here appear on other sites... can't remember which ones at the moment, could find out.

These might account for *extra* guest hits as well. Might be worth checking out in the apache logs if you don't agree or whatever.

-diskonext

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At this very moment we are being scanned by Google. They are using only one IP to come in but open many many sessions.

We do have RSS stuff- read the front page for details.

This session table problem in PHPBB needs fixing. Now that I finally understand how to clean up the table, it's certainly under control though. I don't think we want to force people to register to read the forums. That wouldn't solve any technical problems anyway.

Ponk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Plus, people wouldn't register without knowing about the contents of the forum.
Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com
Jump to: