electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Kyma
Paca set up help routing
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Paca set up help routing Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I am enjoying my Paca although the firewire seems to have dropped out a few times today, or maybe Paca turns itself off after a few hours of non use?

I want to see how I can change my set up to work and need advice

Gear
Mac Book Pro 2010 firewire 800 into / out of Paca
Firewire out of, or into TC Electronics Twin Impact.

I also have the Buchla 200e , 4 outs into the TC but with my current config cant hear the Buchla in the headphones or via Paca. I have gone to Tools - Tape Recorder but cant get the Buchlas sound in ( the faders are up on Tape Recorder)

At the moment I can hear the PACA with the headphones out on the TC Twin Impact but ultimately want I want to be able to do is hear the Paca and also the sounds (music) coming from the MacBook Pro.

I can see input levels 3 and 4 but cant hear them? I have set up audioinput1 to accept 1-6 inputs

Also have the ethernet attached to the MBPro and Paca. Trying to use iPad Kyma Control and vKIP using Pana connect but it has picked up the iPad once and the other times not?

I cant wait to get the system set up properly and running.

Would love assistance.
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahh i see you need to press the green play button to hear the Buchla, so that issue is fixed....
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fisrt, are you running the latest firmware?

Ok to test networking download Bonjour Browser http://www.tildesoft.com/ and run it.

With the Paca on can you see in Bonjour Browser _osc._UDP entry with a child of beslime-nnn, the nnn will be the number of your pacarana.

If you see the entry then the paca networking is working, do you?

Concerning the firewire how exactly have you got it connected?

Cheers

Andy
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi ANdy
Yep latest firmware

Bonjour shows beslime Smile

Concerning the firewire how exactly have you got it connected?

firwire is going from TC Twin into Paca then Paca to MBPro
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As The networking is ok then VKIP should pick it up, email Doug about it. I will PM you his email he will sort it out.

Concerning your firewire issues, the only thing I can think is trying different cables.

The Paca can be a bit choosy with firewire especially if you jog a cable with a loose connection.

Also you could try MB->TC->Paca but your current setup should work, I would try the cables first myself.

Cheers

Andy
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

I set it up the way you suggested and it worked , but for some reason yesterday ( before the change)the TC electronics software wouldnt load.

This morning I made the change and the Paca worked but then I decided to reinstall the TC software and now I can hear music on the MBPro but Paca cant see the TC now???

There must be a way to be able to hear both ?
[/img]
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait... are you trying to use the TC as both the interface for the Mac and the Paca?
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that was the plan
Scot Solida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's gonna be the problem... the Paca requires a dedicated interface (for now, anyway). It won't share an interface with your computer.

Soon, this may change... the PacaAU is coming up in an update, and this will allow you to open up your Kyma as a plug-in instrument or effect. This was demonstrated at the Symposium in Vienna, so I don't imagine that it will take long before we have it in our hands.
amnesia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahhh...thanks Scott. Great news about the AU Smile

Happy 2011
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, Glad you got the problem.

You must not have the TC driver installed on the mac if you want to use it with your Paca.

I have a TC Konnekt48 I use with my Pacarana this is then connected by ADAT to a Fireface800 which is my main audio interface.

What you can do with the Konnekt48 is set up different setups, so I have one for the Pacarana and one for use also by the computer in case I need to use it. You set all this up with the driver installed and once it is setup you remove the driver and the unit remembers the settings. I don't know if the twin offers this functionality?

Cheers

Andy
amnesia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My problem at the moment is that I have the TC Near software installed on the MBPro but no matter how many times I install uninstall and install again the Paca doesnt see it anymore Sad

Should I uninstall the Paca and reinstall?
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How are you uninstalling the TC Near software?

Cheers

Andy
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This may help: http://www.symbolicsound.com/cgi-bin/bin/view/Learn/KonnektSetUp
amnesia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

via the TC Near uninstall command.

I am so confused now I have tried so many options Sad
amnesia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

via the TC Near uninstall command.

I am so confused now I have tried so many options Sad

I have followed the install.

I can listen to mp3s via the TC Twin Impact headphones ok just Paca cant find it :--(
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didi you look at that link I posted?

Cheers

Andy
amnesia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes I did thanks

tc near hadnt uninstalled properly.

and just today I have lost 30 gig of music for some reason itunes has deleted all my mp3s but kindly kept the folder names and the cd artwork

AGGGGHHHH technology I love you but you piss me off so much when you fuq up
Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Kyma
Jump to: