electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
wish: BBD Delay
Page 10 of 12 [292 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sduck wrote:
Yes, that's a pretty amazing sounding device!

Personally I'm just hoping that you can come up with something that has similar functionality as the Blacet Time Machine, but with better specs - I'm sure that's the kind of stuff you could do easily enough!

AFAIK, the Blacet has a tracking filter in SC technology, that allows a wide range of Delay times, with matching bandwidth. This is an interesting concept, but I will *not* go that route.
First, I don't like switched capacitor filters, and second, going to short delay times (flanging etc) with a long BBD chip is always a compromise.
My focus on short delays was in the SOST Flanger.
The BBD Delay of this thread will focus on echoes. Taking inspiration from Dynacord and Roland, circuit wise, and with a feature set of my own.
(The Binson, of course, gives me inspiration for the features, not for the implementation. Smile )

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
sduck

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aha! That sounds good too!
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sduck wrote:
Aha! That sounds good too!

I remember a gig around 1962-3 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the band - Tony Rivers & the Castaways, the lead guitarist had a Fender Jazzmaster played through a DeArmond Tone pedal into a Baby Binson and Fender Amp. That combination produced a magnificent sound.

No keyboards in sight!!!!! Laughing
The Peasant

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
I wander why this gets delayed over and over while new projects are born.

everybody did source and buy those expensive delay chips..

If anyone is itching to use up some of their MN3005s, there are apparently Blacet Time Machine pcbs available now:

http://www.blacet.com/bargains.html

Take care,
Doug

www.electronicpeasant.com
TekniK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want and prefer one from Juergen,so i wait..
delayed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

were these boards $89 when they came out?
TekniK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah,frankly if you need 5 or so,for that price i buy one and clone them.
delayed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i will be waiting for Juergen's also. thanks for the answer.
russma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've wanted the Time Machine module forever, so I begrudgingly sprang for the spendy PCB.

So now, if anyone wants to sell me a known-good, Time Machine-tested MN3005, contact me:

themadeiras (@) comcast (dot) net
loydb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyone know of a build that uses MN3207 & MN3102 chips? I have a bunch of those Sad
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-308797.html#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-42968.html
davebr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Peasant wrote:
If anyone is itching to use up some of their MN3005s, there are apparently Blacet Time Machine pcbs available now:

http://www.blacet.com/bargains.html

Take care,
Doug

I'm in the process of building my second Time Machine and just put together a Mouser parts list for the Rev-B PCB. I haven't built it yet to verify all the components but the parts list is on my Time Machine page.
http://modularsynthesis.com/blacet/timemachine/timemachine.htm

Dave
russma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks very much, Dave, your parts list will save me a lot of time!
davebr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Blacet Time Machine
Subject description: Parts List
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

russma wrote:
Thanks very much, Dave, your parts list will save me a lot of time!

I did go back and make a couple of minor corrections after I received parts and built the PCB.

When I ordered, some of the resistor networks were out of stock but there were substitutions available on the same Mouser page for most of them. You'll have to see what the current inventory status is. The MAT03 is expensive but I didn't want to have to deal with adapting the SSM2220 footprint.

I haven't powered it on yet - that should be next week. I'm 99% sure of the DG202B / MAX365 substitution and will confirm it when I get it all running.

Dave
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From a very snowy Surrey in England!!! - does anyone have a schematic of the Blacet Time Machine please so I can see what is involved before I decimate my Yamaha E1010 build?
sduck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

John Blacet is very protective of his schematics, as he should be, and wouldn't take kindly to any of us posting them. You get he schematics when you buy the stuff. If you follow that link above you can see a good picture of an assembled unit, which should give you enough info.
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sduck wrote:
John Blacet is very protective of his schematics, as he should be, and wouldn't take kindly to any of us posting them. You get he schematics when you buy the stuff. If you follow that link above you can see a good picture of an assembled unit, which should give you enough info.

I suppose I can't expect everyone to share my natural English inclination to help a chap out or simply to share. Rolling Eyes

Forget it, it's not a good picture to my eyes. I can tell nothing from that without a circuit diagram - or maybe it's just all the Christmas food I've been eating!!
sduck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you want a BOM? I wouldn't mind sending one of those...
StephenGiles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sduck wrote:
Do you want a BOM? I wouldn't mind sending one of those...

That would be great, many thanks.

Have you come accross Clive Gregson in Nashville? He is a wonderful singer songwriter from Manchester England, do see him if you get an opportunity.
Noiseconformist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rosch wrote:
i'd like to buy at least 1 pcb too.
how could one test a MN3005 without this? putting it in a deluxe memory man? i could do that (with the delay of a mate) but don't know if it's socketed.
is there an easy way to test functionality, like a stripboard circuit to take some measures?

I just asked myself the same question.
But looking at the data sheet someone kindly posted earlier I figure it shouldn't be that hard to test this chip.

Then again I'm wondering what's the current status of the MN3005s UTSource sell. At least it is listed in their "Hot Products List".

I'd be in for Jürgen's delay and I'm lusting after a Time Machine pcb.
This would increase may huge building backlog ... Embarassed
I just can't resist.

Michael.

StephenGiles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just been messing around with the "dynamic delay" in Adobe Audition 1.5. I've had Barberpole and thru zero flanging without lifting a soldering iron!!
tomcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noiseconformist wrote:
...and I'm lusting after a Time Machine pcb.

Too late my friend...
arnoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomcat wrote:
Noiseconformist wrote:
...and I'm lusting after a Time Machine pcb.

Too late my friend...

Too late ?

You still can order them here Smile:
http://www.blacet.com/DIY.html

jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been thinking hard about that.
With a limited resource of MN3005 chips, the Blacet PCBs being available, and mine still in my head only ... the most sensible thing would be that all who waited for my delay, should rather jump on the Blacet offer now.

I mean, it's not decided yet, but I'd like to ask if there would be any hurt feelings from anybody who waited for my Delay, if I face the facts and shelve my project?

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
TekniK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
I mean, it's not decided yet, but I'd like to ask if there would be any hurt feelings from anybody who waited for my Delay, if I face the facts and shelve my project?

JH.

Yes,a lot Shocked

You din't made any promesses ,sure,but plenty off ppl did buy expensive MN3005 IC's after you posted this:

Quote:
Lets put it that way:

If you are interested in having a good DIY BBD echo device, then get a MN3005 (or two of them) *now*. Even if I don't make any promises.

Because you can be shure that, if there are enough of these chips out there, someone *will* make a board sooner or later.

JH.

An if you consider to drop the delay project ,plz say it fast,so we can take action (selling our MN3005's or whatsever)
jhaible

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
jhaible wrote:

JH.

Yes,a lot Shocked

You din't made any promesses ,sure,but plenty off ppl did buy expensive MN3005 IC's after you posted this:

Quote:
Lets put it that way:

If you are interested in having a good DIY BBD echo device, then get a MN3005 (or two of them) *now*. Even if I don't make any promises.

Because you can be shure that, if there are enough of these chips out there, someone *will* make a board sooner or later.

JH.

An if you consider to drop the delay project ,plz say it fast,so we can take action (selling our MN3005's or whatsever)

I know, and I think what I've underlined in the above, has happened with the Blacet boards being available again.

JH.

Page 10 of 12 [292 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: