electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
PCB creation/fabrication services for hire! [not commercial]
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
HexInverter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: PCB creation/fabrication services for hire! [not commercial]
Subject description: Need a PCB made into a layout? Or perhaps some nice PCB's made? I can do that!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reading through the forums here, I often see projects that some might like to build that don't have quite the support for a huge PCB run to satisfy peoples' needs. That's a shame for the sometimes 5 or 6 people that want to build a project. Well, I think I can help!

And maybe you can help me a bit in the process. I'm multi-talented, but also happen to be a broke student who's having trouble finding a suitable part time job. I need a rather small amount of income to stay afloat while in school, and help fund my personal electronics' projects, but am having trouble managing even that right now.

One of my many talents is designing and making pretty darn good home made PCB's. I can work either from a schematic or an already done layout...your pick!

If I were supplied with a committed, final schematic, I can do a (mostly) single sided layout, and could also do a small (5-10) board run for people wanting boards.

They would be home etched PCB's, but higher quality than most are used to (skip below for pics if you're too lazy to read) I do not however have the equipment for silk screening right now though. Sorry...I always add as much as possible on the copper layer for the legend as I can though. PCB's would come with a legible printout of the component layout for easy population. The boards would be pre drilled of course.

The only top layer stuff would be 2 dimensional jumpers which are basically as easy as resistors to install (no ridiculous long wires and stuff all over - arranged in a manner that they're easy to tell where they go without the silk screen). I could optionally pre-install copper wire jumpers and solder them in for you, for a bit extra per board.

If there is interest in this, let me know! If not, that's cool beans too! I just figured I would offer. If someone knows of/has a project that is in need of a small board run/schematic to layout conversion, do let me know as well!

Here are a few examples of my PCB's. Note that in two of the pictures, there are some of Ray Wilson's board designs being made along side mine. They are quite different than mine Smile I believe I can go much thinner (~40-50% more) with the traces before they get unreliable, I just haven't yet had the need to:

14.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.1 KB
 Viewed:  137 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

14.jpg

12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  412.98 KB
 Viewed:  131 Time(s)

12.jpg

12.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.85 KB
 Viewed:  136 Time(s)

12.JPG

13.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.6 KB
 Viewed:  135 Time(s)

13.JPG

light2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Viewed:  144 Time(s)

light2.jpg

valis

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very very interesting offer..
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very interesting offer.

I wonder...I mean there are some Yusynth circuits unavailable commercially that I'd like to have made. Not sure if that's cool or not. I've never etched boards before and really dread all that drilling. The PCB designs are all available for DIY-ers...

Any idea on price to etch/drill something where the layout's already done?
HexInverter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emdot_ambient wrote:
Very interesting offer.

I wonder...I mean there are some Yusynth circuits unavailable commercially that I'd like to have made. Not sure if that's cool or not. I've never etched boards before and really dread all that drilling. The PCB designs are all available for DIY-ers...

Any idea on price to etch/drill something where the layout's already done?

Hey there!

It totally depends on the board size Smile Also the drill complexity (basically number of drill holes)

I don't have any real algorithm for calculating a price other than the time it takes me to make a board and a couple bucks for the laminate/etchant/transfer used.

I would be happy to print someone else's board for you. Send me a PM with the PCB art/project you would like made and how many of them, and I can give you a better idea of what the cost would be!
tokyomatik

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey dude
your offer sounds interesting
ok, let's say that i could be interested in 2 or 3 pcbs from renè schmitz for example:
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs159/
vco3
vco 4
vco 6
adsr
check and let me know how much you would charge

till then

peace
HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tokyomatik wrote:
hey dude
your offer sounds interesting
ok, let's say that i could be interested in 2 or 3 pcbs from renè schmitz for example:
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs159/
vco3
vco 4
vco 6
adsr
check and let me know how much you would charge

till then

peace

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply Smile

Unfortunately I am at the limits of my work load right now!!! It will be a little while until I am free to take more orders for stuff!

I will post in this thread again when it is time, and then we can discuss this further!
tokyomatik

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no problem, i'm not in the rush
take your time

peace
fluxmonkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

are you doing your layout in pcb design software? would you be willing to do a layout and just supply the gerbers, rather than etched boards?
HexInverter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fluxmonkey wrote:
are you doing your layout in pcb design software? would you be willing to do a layout and just supply the gerbers, rather than etched boards?

Yup! I use industry standard software (EagleCAD), and could do layouts without actually making the boards if you'd like me to.

What did you have in mind?

Feel free to PM me if you'd like Smile

Cheers!
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Wanted, For Sale, Opportunities and Requests » Parts and Components
Jump to: