electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
A6 serial numbers
Page 3 of 4 [89 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
emunity

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It will cost $700 for the Asic Assembly board. I did not buy it yet. I have someone from Canada arriving sunday to buy my JP8 and then I'll use about 2K of that money to spend on all the parts for the A6.

I am basically buying all the assembly boards inside the A6 and all the cables. LCD assembly also which is about $100. Around $100 for the power supply assembly to. A must to have!!

I had extra boards for my JP8 just no Voice nor CPU board. And it has a slight issue and the guy is still going to buy it for $4k so I cannot complain.

As far as I know the individual ASIC chips are not sold separately from Alesis. I'll ask them again and check out that link.

Thanks
pinealapoptosis

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow,thats a good deal for a JP8 these days. They are going for $6-7k not even mint.

well sunny pedaal said he bought individual chips. I hope he wasnt wrong be cause I have been planning on doing this for awhile.

Damn,keep us updated.

sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wasn't though it was some time ago and via the repairscentre when my a6was being repaired, not via numark directly.
i also have a jp8, don't use it anymore often , but still feel uncertain about selling it ( with flightcase and groovemidi build in ! ) as it's so different from the a6.
seamonkey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:

i also have a jp8, don't use it anymore often , but still feel uncertain about selling it ( with flightcase and groovemidi build in ! ) as it's so different from the a6.

Time to let go of the Jupiter 8 sunny and let someone else enjoy the magnificent beast. Laughing
I'd buy it but I'm on the preorder list for the Solaris. Very Happy

I'm sure this has been linked before but here it is anyway. Spare parts for the A6 including the board.
http://www.instrumentalparts.com/ala6ansppa.html
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lot of money for the parts though. wonder if a spare a6 wouldn't be a cheaper alternative. thought of that myself a few times already
indigenous

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A6 003 02 08 00122

mine has the annoying control humming bug...

PWM sounds poo and if i change parameters i can hear the ASICS being updated (same sound as the PWM 100hz humming bug)....

I would like to know if this affects all Andromeda's or just a small production run...?

Kevin
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no, must be something wrong with your A6 i guess
indigenous

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Sunny,

I know you maintain the current bug list, have you experienced the PWM humming bug?

It is really noticeable on headphones, I noticed that Dave Bryce and Mike mention using an external LFO to overcome this.

Kevin
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

did you choose the "pwm setting" in "engine settings"?
i might have a real good A6 as i don't have such a big problem with the pwm it seems.
AdamZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: My A6 SNH Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi

My serial number is:

(21)A10806045701133

Andromeda A6, moog Voyager RME, Prophet 08, Virus TI, Waldorf Pulse, Korg microkorg ( modified - desktop version ), Poly 800 FM/moog slayer mod, Roland Juno 106, JX8P, JD800, JP8000, Alpha Juno 1, D550, R8-M, Yamaha CS-30, EX5, TX7, PSS-780, Novation Super Bass Station , Drum Station v.2, MFB 502, Oberheim Matrix-1000 ...
beyer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted to add my serial to your list.. I bought mine in 2008, from Paris, France - if that matters. Wink It says it´s made in Taiwan, and the number is:

A107 040 457 00 682

cheers

PS: I love it! Except for some stupid voice problems with some presets Wink
lunaire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mine is (21)A60500320 !

I have it since 2002 and i bought it second handed , so yeah mine is probably one of the first ones huh? Curiously, the store that sold it to me told me mine was one of 3 that had ever been sold officialy in Brazil, where I live..
sempervirent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: serial Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry to raise this thread from the dead, but did anyone ever determine why some serials start with A6 and others start with A1? From reading the threads it seems like A6 was the first run for testers and demo units, and A1 was the production run for commercial sales.

My serial is: (21)A10504035700311

If the pattern is correct, this one was made in April 2005, serial number 311. That makes sense because I bought it new in October 2005. Since then there have only been two problems, neither of which are really issues with the A6 itself.

The first issue was that I took it to a show in subzero temperatures and voice 16 would not tune correctly upon arrival at the venue. This was troublesome, but after getting it back home and performing a hard reset, the voice was tunable again. It was probably a temperature issue, and one year later the problem has not recurred.

The other issue is that it locks up as soon as I send a sysex bank from my Mac. Doesn't matter what kind of MIDI interface I use. I have to do a hard reset to get it to restart. This does not happen with my old Windows XP machine so I actually blame the Mac and not the A6.

Some of the knobs and buttons are getting a bit jittery, but I think it just needs a good cleaning. They could have done a better job of sealing the opening below the knobs to keep out the dust.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: serial Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sempervirent wrote:
[...]so I actually blame the Mac and not the A6.

maybe the A6 doesn't like sysex to be sent too fast? In some software thats tunable ..

sempervirent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: serial Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
maybe the A6 doesn't like sysex to be sent too fast? In some software thats tunable ..

Thanks, but I actually tried tweaking that already. I remembered that it doesn't actually lock up immediately, it receives the entire bank. But then after I switch patches it locks up as soon as the new patch loads. No sound, no way to get out of it except for a hard reset.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, ok .. was just a maybe ...
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: serial Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:

I've actually had an issue with particular MIDI interfaces -- for instance, sending A6 patch sysex via a BCR2000 MIDI port will cause A6 patch lockups. No idea why. The MIDISport I usually use works perfect.
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

midiloop ?
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my second one !

serial: (21) A10711045700828

or according to "the system":
07-11-04-00-828
meaning something like : serial 828 release 04-11-2007
maybe
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
my second one !

Welcome to the "Second One" club thumb up

CoolColJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My special one Smile

(21) A60500542
Derek Daly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just thought I'd add mine to the list. Bought new in South Africa in late 2008. It is:

(21) A6 003 02 09 00138

From the 2003 batch featured on this forum's list, it seems as if number 100 came in five days earlier on Tues 4 Feb and 136 a day earlier on Sat 8 Feb (along with 122). That's at least 14 A6's on Saturday alone, if the serial numbers are actual units.
By implication, this means my A6 got made on a Sunday.
Shocked

Does this mean they were knocking out about ten A6's a day back in Feb 2003? It would be interesting to compare this production trend with subsequent months and indeed, years.
LamerDeluxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just found the serial number of mine in the manual (it's gone on the unit itself).

(21) A6-003-02-04-00053

I bought it second hand (still has a startup bug and one voice acting up in the digital effects) but I suppose it is from 2003, February fourth then?
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

probably
maybe write it somewhere on the underside of the unit, for future use ?
goldphinga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My serial is:

(21)A6003020300089

Dan G (UK)
Page 3 of 4 [89 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: