electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Moog 907A / 914 - topology Fixed Filter Bank PCB
Page 4 of 4 [88 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4

Interested?
No - no need for a FFB
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No - not without real inductors
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Yes - as long as you get "the sound" with your technology
86%
 86%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 38

intercorni

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Jürgen,

I would like to include an input attenuator pot with a control LED.
How to do it best?

Regards,

Cornel
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Up for auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160547987865&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D160547987865%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

or search for item number 160547987865

(907 type, with frontpanel and heatsink; needs soldering some wires)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160547972547&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D160547972547%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

or search for item number 160547972547

(914 type, pcbs with potentiometers)

Happy bidding!

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
TekniK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you wisely did put a reserve this time juergen.

i think you got trapped last time with your 40band filterbank.
you sold waay to low man.. for that price i would have buy it aswell.
jhaible

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TekniK wrote:
you wisely did put a reserve this time juergen.

i think you got trapped last time with your 40band filterbank.
you sold waay to low man.. for that price i would have buy it aswell.

I'm still learning. They only allow this in two categories - cars and antiques - in Germany. Took me a while to see that there is a musical instruments sub-category in antiques also ...

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
MR-808

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jürgen,

Do you have any suggestions as to how to provide "even" and "odd" band outputs for the 14-band design? Could another set of summing resistors be paralleled with the 33k ones, or would that affect the frequency of each bandpass filter?

Vielen Dank!
jhaible

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MR-808 wrote:
Jürgen,

Do you have any suggestions as to how to provide "even" and "odd" band outputs for the 14-band design? Could another set of summing resistors be paralleled with the 33k ones, or would that affect the frequency of each bandpass filter?

Vielen Dank!

Because of teh passive nature of the design, every additional resistor will change something / cause interaction etc.

You could add a unity gain opamp buffer where you want to tap a signal, and then connect a resistor afterwards. But it will somehow go agains the overal design philosophy ... which doesn't mean you should not do it, of course.

JH.

3vcos

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone have a source for inductors for this project?
keithwin

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm after inductors too
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Resistor Network Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm putting together a BOM for the Opamp 907 version. Just to verify: is the resistor network 2.2k x 4 isolated resistors? This is what I've currently got on the BOM: https://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=L083S222LFvirtualkey57700000virtualkey858-L083S222LF
sonicwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

keithwin wrote:
I'm after inductors too

This guy here may be able to help:
http://www.prodigy-pro.com/diy/forums.html?topic=43429.0
Idea
mono-poly

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe we can do a groupbuy of inductors if the person wants to make some?
decaying.sine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might be missing this in the documentation but I did look through it. What are the values for the 14 inductors in the 914, 3 board version?
vtl5c3

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the 907 opamp GIC version, I'm thinking of duplicating the output summer so that there's one on each board. These would provide 'Odd' & 'Even' outputs. I will then sum those two outputs into another opamp and that will provide the 'Both' output. There's several unused opamp spots on the pcbs with the 907 design, so with at little bit of trace cutting, I'm going to hack the 'Both' opamp into the filter without a daughterboard.
Page 4 of 4 [88 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: