electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Extreme disappointment with magic smoke. (resolved)
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Extreme disappointment with magic smoke. (resolved) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't like slagging people off, i find it embarrassing to even consider doing so but in this case i feel i have no option as the offending party refuses to contact me by email.

attached below is confirmation of my payment for an order i placed over 6 weeks ago, while i understand that the order is coming from overseas and am quite willing to be patient to wait for delivery, i have been ignored by magic smoke when i have sent emails to them requesting ANY information as to the whereabouts of the order, adding to my frustration i have seen that Tim Servo has posted in this forum AFTER i have sent them emails for the delivery information so its quite obvious that he is not away/on holiday.

I know that $63 isn't a fortune but i really REALLY cant afford to be throwing this money away.

Your payment for $63.00 USD to magsmoke@gmail.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Currency conversion: £41.22 GBP = $65.76 USD

The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 British Pound = 1.59534US Dollars

Payment details
Amount: $63.00 USD
Transaction Date: 23 March 2011
Transaction ID:

Subject: Pcb Order

2x TH-102 PCB = $40.00 + $6.50 shipping 2x 2K Tempco = $3.00 + free shipping when ordered with a PCB 2x 2206 Chip = $12.00 + $1.50 shipping when ordered with a PCB For a grand total of $63.00. Please Ship To

Certain details removed

EDIT : This issue is now resolved with the seller sending an apologetic email, which is much appreciated.

Last edited by bubzy on Sun May 15, 2011 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
sneakthief

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FWIW, I just had a 1kg package take 7 weeks from Canada to Germany... sometimes the post is slow.
bubzy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, thanks sneakthief Smile, its more the lack of communication that has irked me, i would wait for much longer if only i knew what was happening
inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it has nothing to do with being overseas. i'm in the US and my order took 6 weeks to get to me, along with my attempts at communication being ignored for about a month.
i'm sure it's no sweat off his back, but he has definitley lost me as a customer.

inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just want to add that it's really disappointing that this is the only outlet for the EXCELLENT TH designs.
Captain Biscuits

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can understand your frustration. It took 4 months and a number of emials for me to get a pair of pcbs delivered from Magic Smoke. Ordered a kit of parts from Ray at MFOS during that time. Took 10 days USA to UK. That's how long the post takes!

But: I don't think there's anything of the scam about it. I don't think Tim will run off with your money. It just seems to take a ridiculously long time for him to get stuff out.

Keep bothering him - your stuff should arrive eventually Smile

Cheers

Ian
inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whooooaa... no one is saying it's a scam. it's just in this age of the internet we're all used to instant gratification/response. i can see missing some emails, but ignoring (intentional or not) people who have already paid for a product for weeks/months is unprofessional and frustrating. Also, as mentioned above, posting in this forum without an answer, and then seeing Tim post on other subjects can get REALLY frustrating. Oh well, lesson learned. I'm sure Tim and everyone are getting a kick out of these posts so... end communication.
Captain Biscuits

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The OP did say exactly that until about 2 minutes ago.
inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

op?
bubzy

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Original Poster. I did indeed say that, but on afterthought it wasnt a good choice of words, its more how it feels than how i feel it is.
Captain Biscuits

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"its more how it feels than how i feel it is."

Can't argue with that - and that's a particularly good choice of words Smile

I don't know Tim's circumstances but as a terminally disorganized person myself I feel a degree of sympathy for some poor sod who's always on the back foot chasing his own tail and feeling bad about letting people down.

That doesn't change the fact that it's bloody annoying of course.

Also, as inlifeindeath said, the likes of Amazon have got us used to instant delivery. I grew up in the 60s and 70s in the UK. If you ordered anything from the US (which was a big deal back then) you just sent off your money and forgot about it and if something turned up about 3 months later you felt like a miracle had happened.

I do hope your stuff turns up eventually.

All the best

Ian
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: