electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
G2Demo not working
Page 2 of 2 [46 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Symatic Star

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So this makes me ask the question, what do you use the demo software for ? I have a few ideas but just wondering ?
Smile
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To Roland it is a vital tool developing his turorials/DvD's. It is included for those who don't own a NordModular G2. It's obvious the author has to check it on the G2 Demo platform too. I just can't help with the problem: Flash...? Wink

Wout
Symatic Star

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the reply re my question Wout, I did not know Roland did tutorials etc so it was not obvious to me, sounds interesting. Though maybe there still is more uses for the demo software - can you run it along side the full editor on the same computer and have it being used with a midi keyboard? I would not know as I said I never got the demo software running ( had the same message as Roland ) but my full editor for g2 worked straight away.
Symatic
Roland Kuit

G2 patch files: 127

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, Wout is right about thinking that. It is a synthesis coarse in depth where I make use of the G2 Demo. But it can be used for other modular synths too. And when I give a masterclass, I don't want to carry a G2 with me all the time.
http://rolandkuit.blogspot.com/2010/02/roland-kuit-soundlab-tutorial.html
Wout Blommers

Audio files: 123
G2 patch files: 12

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Symatic wrote:
... Though maybe there still is more uses for the demo software - can you run it along side the full editor on the same computer and have it being used with a midi keyboard? ...
Yes, it can be controlled by a Midi Keyboard. Can be usefull to run together with the hardware loaded with the same Patch, so it will function as a monophonic Delay due to its latency Very Happy

Wout
rhombus

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I can't get the demo to work on my work laptop at all. It's too bad cuz sometimes I get a thought and want to draw out a patch to save for later.
dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd really pay for a native G2 plugin for PC....

I use the demo a lot in my work to make sound effects for our games. My G2 is at home.

Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I travel a lot by train with laptop and earphone.. So it is soooo handy.
Symatic Star

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All interesting , I will keep checking this post as I have not solved the demo running challenge either...
Idea Idea Idea Rolling Eyes
rhombus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Workaround for Windows 7 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got it working in Windows 7 XP Mode. Get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

After it installs, XP Mode will start. It's basically Windows XP in Virtual PC. Once it starts up, install the G2 Demo within it, set up the audio, and try it out.

Close out XP Mode then go to your Windows 7 Start menu, you'll find your G2 Demo program group in Windows Virtual PC\Windows XP Mode Applications. Start it up from here and the application will appear as if it's running within Windows 7. Of course, the first time you start up the demo it'll need to bring XP Mode out of hibernation but at least you don't have to use the demo within a VPC window.

Last edited by rhombus on Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But .. the demo just works in Vista Shocked

Well, here it does at least.

rhombus

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK wait it was Roland that was having the problem in Vista.

It looks like the latest MS Virtual PC is for Windows 7 only so don't bother with that. It's also not worth trying the old VPC 2007 because I'm pretty sure it doesn't virtualize the audio.

For Vista users I'd try out VirtualBox:

http://www.virtualbox.org/

It's free and virtualizes hardware I'm pretty certain. The downsides are needing a copy of XP and also you'll need to run the G2 Demo directly in VirtualBox. Please correct me if you try it out and find that the audio doesn't work properly.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even better than VirtualBox (which I personally use), is VmWare ThinApp.

It encapsulates a single application with all the files needed to run virtually, so there is no need to install all the guest operating system.

http://www.vmware.com/products/thinapp/overview.html

I have not tried it, though.

cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I encountered the same issue / error with a Windows 7 Dell Latitude laptop.

I had to open Control Panel / Sound / Playback and disable the 'Communications Headphones: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' in order for the G2 Demo to work. It seems as if this might've been holding on to the audio device.

It also works without compatibility mode enabled.

Maybe this will help someone or lead them in the right direction...

Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G2Demo is working again. Because the new motherboard and the notification about memory, I was lost. Today I thought lets update my driverstuff. And that worked. Thanks all for your help.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's very nice, I'm glad you sorted out the problem Smile
Roland Kuit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. The Demo is so handy in teaching mod synthesis and fun in the train. Wish they would make it a vst too.
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cebec wrote:

I had to open Control Panel / Sound / Playback and disable the 'Communications Headphones: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' in order for the G2 Demo to work...

I got the “not enough memory to perform requested action” error after installing the G2 Demo on the same model laptop and OS. After searching this forum and finding this suggestion, I tried it and now the Demo is up and running. Cool

Thanks for the tip cebec Exclamation

cebec

Audio files: 3
G2 patch files: 31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

varice wrote:
cebec wrote:

I had to open Control Panel / Sound / Playback and disable the 'Communications Headphones: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC' in order for the G2 Demo to work...

I got the “not enough memory to perform requested action” error after installing the G2 Demo on the same model laptop and OS. After searching this forum and finding this suggestion, I tried it and now the Demo is up and running. Cool

Thanks for the tip cebec Exclamation

You're welcome. Glad to hear it!

sitarman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes...
Once I selected the proper output I could then re-enable the other codecs and the demo continued working.
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sitarman wrote:
Yes...
Once I selected the proper output I could then re-enable the other codecs and the demo continued working.

I just tried enabling the CODEC. The G2 Demo starts and still runs, but when I go to Setup, Audio/MIDI, the same error pops up and the settings cannot be changed. So the G2 Demo and the CODEC still aren’t 100% playing nice together. But at least I know now what to do to get the G2 Demo able to change settings if need be.

Page 2 of 2 [46 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: