electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
I do you get bulk downloads of the G2 patch archive?
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Sam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: I do you get bulk downloads of the G2 patch archive? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I noticed Howard mentioned that in the new G2 archive you can bulk download a zip of most of the patches, but I can't find an option for that.

I'd much rather bulk download them all than download individual patches. Let me know if bulk downloading is possible yet.

Thanks!

-Sam
Saskia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use FlashGet to mass download any new patches from the archive page. Only a few mouse clicks are needed to download everything from the site.

BTW You can find zip files with all of the patches and performances I could find here: http://saskia.qwave.de/files/G2%20Patches.zip and http://saskia.qwave.de/files/G2%20Performances.zip. (The files are two weeks old)
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the forum Saskia !

For those who don't know it, Rob Hordijk stores patches on his website - but not zipped AFAIK.

see : http://www.xs4all.nl/~rhordijk/G2Patches/

Jan.
spanky@work

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Really really wish Rob had a zip of his archive as well.

Please
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome Saskia. Glad to have you here.

Could you please explain how you use FlashGet to get all of the archieves en masse. It will probably be of great interest to a lot of people, and it may take the pressure off of me to develop some software. Thanks...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saskia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you install FlashGet, you'll get two new context menus in Internet Explorer: Download using FlashGet and Download All Using FlashGet. Choose the latter when you're on the patch archive page, FlashGet will now start and list all downloadable links. Now sort the file listing by Type, select the most recent files, click on Mark Selected Items, click on Download. That's about it.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 211
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Saskia wrote:
That's about it.

Great, and thanks very much. That takes a big load off of my back. I'm going to move this to the FAQ.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keyboard Cowboy

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like FlashGet is for PC only...anyone know if there is a similar utility for mac osx?
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, there are some for mac.. lotsa standalone apps and such.. I will get back to you when I remember the names.. Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
jksuperstar

G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FlashGot is available for FireFox (www.mozilla.org) as an extension (Tools -> Extensions). And it runs on any popular OS. (Windoze, OSX, BSD, Linux, etc.)

However, one thing I run into on PHP pages, is the file naming tries to name files as "download.php?" due to the linking, etc...
Keyboard Cowboy

G2 patch files: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for that, jksuperstar. I downloaded Firefox, Flashgot and iGetter, and it downloads everything on web pages - haven't figured out yet how to only pick up patches, instead of gifs and php files too. Otherwise, its naming the patches correctly, but just adding in a date in brackets.
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMHO automatic adding of dates in brackets is a useful feature.
cappy2112

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keyboard Cowboy wrote:
Looks like FlashGet is for PC only...anyone know if there is a similar utility for mac osx?

try mget, it's a fairly common utility on unix systems
Macrostructure

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I right click and request a "download all" from flashget whixh is 502K in size. all I get downloaded is the g2patches.php site file, not the patches in the archive - what gives?

tim
cappy2112

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
FlashGot is available for FireFox (www.mozilla.org) as an extension (Tools -> Extensions). And it runs on any popular OS. (Windoze, OSX, BSD, Linux, etc.)

However, one thing I run into on PHP pages, is the file naming tries to name files as "download.php?" due to the linking, etc...

I have the same problem with this website.
I can't do Right Click- Save as, or else I get a PHP file.
Maybe Howard can look into this after they return from EMFest

How do you do a Get All in FlashGet?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK.. I see the problem. It isnĀ“t a problem really, justa feature of how this php site works. It is possible to create a download manager that can handle this. You gotta let the PHP return the link. Many of the links here will in fact ask PHP to lookup something and then return the "calculation". The mp3 dls from attachment links work this way.

This means a download manager must handle the site links like a browser.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Macrostructure

G2 patch files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Forgive me, but is that the solution or just a comment? If so I do not know how to apply it. Can you advise?
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A comment.. not a solution. Theoretically it is possible to parse a real download link into the posts or something. We will have to discuss this with Howard later on I guess.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Tac_Evaworcim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have written a perl script that reads current Modular G2 patches list from http://electro-music.com/g2patches.php , generates getright.grx file with correct filenames to automatically download patches with GetRight, sorts pathes in folders by category and creates %patchname%.txt files with description for each patch.
Only new patches will be downloaded (if you already have a patch it will not be added to download list)

It can be easily rewritten to generate download list for almost any download manager.

(you will need perl to execute it)

G2PatchesLoader_Perl.zip
 Description:
G2 Patches loader perl script.

Download
 Filename:  G2PatchesLoader_Perl.zip
 Filesize:  1.64 KB
 Downloaded:  357 Time(s)

j

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am confused by this thread.Does flashget work or not?
If it does not, would anyone be willing to modify the perl script to work with a free download manager(i know nothing about programing)?
GetRight seems to be a demo, will it work to download all the patches? What are the demo's limitations?
Or, another alternative....?
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi j welcome

We now have http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-8770.html , does that help ?

j

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! I don't know why i didn't find it myself.
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 FAQ
Jump to: