electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
G2X Replacement Key
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
severence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: G2X Replacement Key
Subject description: One key broken...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Guys

Ive finally managed to get myself a G2X Very Happy but to my horror one key has been damaged in shipping.... Evil or Very Mad

It looks like the tiny plastic clip which keeps the key level has been smashed so the key is sticking up at an angle: http://severence.net/g2x-damage.jpg

Im waiting for a reply from clavia support but in the meantime does any one know which model key i need to hunt down to try and make a repair (doing a search here i see they are fatar keys? but i couldnt see an exact model specifically for the g2x)

PS thanks for the great resource here! Look forward to sharing patches and advice in the future Wink

Bestest from Spain

Elliot
varice

Audio files: 29
G2 patch files: 54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Elliot!

welcome to the electro-music forum!

Congratulations to you for getting a G2X. I also have a G2X, and I can say that you now have a very powerful synthesizer.

It’s a shame that your G2X keyboard was damaged in shipping. It has a good quality keyboard though, and repair parts should not be very hard to get. Clavia could help you with this, or maybe for a quicker response, you should check with your local Clavia distributor:

Adagio Instrumentos Musicales
Av. La Ferreria 3 y 5
08110 Montcada i Reixac
Barcelona, Spain
Phone: +34 93 564 60 12
jflores@adagio.es
www.adagio.es

I hope that you get your G2X keyboard fixed soon. But, in the mean time, you can check out many of the great patches and performances posted here in the G2 forum. And please be sure to post any of your G2 patches that you would like to share!

dorremifasol

Audio files: 7
G2 patch files: 49

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hola Elliot, y bienvenido Smile
paugui

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would say you are much better off contacting Clavia right away...

I can tell you my experience with having service done by the Portuguese / Spanish distributor...

I bought my G2X from a Portuguese store (named UME, in Lisboa), the crappiest store there is...
Those bastards took 2 months (yes 2 whole months) to get my keyboard from Lisboa to Barcelona.

Then, the tech in Barcelona took some months to get a MIDI port repaired just because he didn't contact Clavia in order to get more information about the problem.

When I contacted Clavia, after a wait of 5 months or so since I delivered the keyboard at the store, they told me they only got contacted by the tech but it was nothing concrete and since December, he hadn't tried to contact Clavia again...
Then, Clavia tried to solve my problem and contacted them.
In a week or so they had the keyboard repaired, and it only took less than a week to arrive in Lisboa (thanks UME again for their crappy services).

Clavia people are top notch, and I really have to thank them for that, or else I think I'd still waiting, cause the guys from UME didn't care about the situation at all...

Also, to a friend of mine who bought a regular G2 with a broken key, he just had to contact them about the key and guess what?
He got a key for FREE!!!

However, I don't have only bad things to say about the distributor...
To be fair, I have to say the people from the technical service in Spain at least apologized and extended my warranty, while the people from UME couldn't even apologized for their incompetence (there is no way the keyboard would take 2 months to get to Barcelona...).
severence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello/hola and thanks very much everyone for the welcome!

clavia got back to me straight away (seem like efficient friendly support there!) with the details of the spanish distributor that varice also kindly provided here so ive just mailed them to see if they have keys available... fingers crossed!

@paugui, that sounds like a nightmare.. im hoping the fact that its summer doesnt delay things... some spanish companies tend to go to sleep for july/august...

hopefully i can just be sent the replacement key / or keyboard so i can make the repair here as ive no intention on sending the G2X anywhere

ive only had the G2X fired up a day or two but wow...

what a beast of a synth, it opens up so many possibilities, im especially enjoying feeding it its sound back into itself via the audio ins mmm very interesting.... cant wait to explore further

bestest

elliot
severence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Spanish distributor just got back to me telling me that they only service music stores and not end users... that puts me in a bit of a fix as i bought the G2X second hand overseas

I can see this is going to be fun to try and sort out Rolling Eyes i just want to make music....
paugui

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 37

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say you would be better off talking back to Clavia and send them the email you got.

I'm sure they won't let you helpless and your problem will be solved Wink
severence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi paugui,

clavia tell me they cannot sell directly to users i need to find a local shop which carries nord products... a real shame as i would feel much more confident buying from clavia direct and as far as i can see there are no local music stores which carry nord products Crying or Very sad

so still here waiting for news from the spanish distributor... they wanted me to send the synth up to barcelona for repair! a bit ott for just a key! so waiting to see if they can just sell and send me the parts sleeping

on the plus side in the meantime im enjoying my special edition 60 key G2X Twisted Evil
adamon

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clavia-Nord-Lead-Lead-2-Lead-2X-Nord-Modular-Key-/280745490472?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Pro_Audio_Synthesisers_CV&hash=item415dbc3828
Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: