electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » How-tos » Production - engineering/mixing
What are your favourite mastering plugins?
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Lucy

Audio files: 94

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: What are your favourite mastering plugins? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like the stuff from sonnox and waves. its very good.
kennytan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like ozone
Lucy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kennytan wrote:
i like ozone

ozone is nice for beginners and it sounds already good enough to use it for light mastering grades but from "10" points soundquality i would give ozone a "6.5" because its not at all the top of the pyramid but it goes already into the right direction for beginners.
kennytan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm not saying it's the best and i'm no mastering engineer.
It's very frustrated to be attacked by anonymous user without link to support their attack.
If you're good at mastering ,please show your work on your signature,otherwise PLEASE dont attack anyone who IDed themselves.

Lucy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who attacked you? You are a typical american with his typical american attack symptoms! Who attacked you and when and why? I talked about Ozone and Ableton and why you feel attacked because of this? You should go and visit a doctor. Something is terrible wrong inside your head.
Symatic Star

Audio files: 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wo I am not used to seeing a conversation like this on this forum, - Relax guys, no need to take anything personal when talking about software or hardware neither of you made, at the same time there are many ways to express why the software hardware someone else uses is not your personal choice, and that can be worded in a way that can not be taken personally ( I would for example not say something is for beginners - a skillful person can do a lot with simple tools ) Lets keep this a peaceful place to share creativity etc . Ohm... Very Happy
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it's so easy for tempers to flare on a forum because the written word does not convey the implied meanings that would otherwise be communicated with body language and tone of voice. We also have differences of culture which can enhance misunderstandings.

Here at electro-music.com we do our best to minimize such conflicts and maintain a sense of community and mutual respect. I must admit to having recently gotten caught up in my own little personal disagreement and the level-headed response of my fellow community members helped talk me out of the angry position that I had allowed myself to become ensnared within.

In the same way I hope to help you two guys defuse your disagreement and hopefully learn to respect each other's viewpoints. Most of all, please do not get angry and leave the forum, we value all of our members however new or established they may be.

Cheers!

Les

kennytan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm not angry but i just wanna warn everyone about nettiquette,as long as we are not famous PLEASE dont criticize something "like this is for novice,becos someone who work for it or those who loves it will feel it as a defamation."

Wouldn't you feel offended if you work for ozone?my friend.
If you're Bob Katz then your words will be more reliable:)

YashN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Acustica Audio Nebula...nothing else comes close.

Combine this with Massey's limiter.

I feel I don't need anything else, except perhaps a good, transparent parametric EQ and multi-band compression just to explore what's good without taking much CPU hit, but in the final result, I want things to be rendered with Nebula.

Prepare to spend days and nights getting around it, i.e. downloading, understanding, optimizing, bending your workflow, getting used to batch/offline rendering, frustrations, crashes.. but in the end the result is like having real consoles and tapes but in-the-box.

It will do wonders on your digital synths, but if you use it, you'll reach the results like Jarre's Oxygene, Equinoxe, Chants Magnétiques and the best Depeche Mode years, i.e. the Gareth Jones era with Some Great Reward and Black Celebration.

Oh, and..everything else is for beginners Razz (take things lightly, enjoy music, life's too short). It's good to the extent you'll feel like getting rid of most your other plugins...
Frenzy-Records

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ozone is nice for beginners and it sounds already good enough to use it for light mastering grades but from "10" points soundquality i would give ozone a "6.5" because its not at all the top of the pyramid but it goes already into the right direction for beginners.

Beginners should not be Mastering.. Ozone & T-racks are products to take money off amateurs who "think they can master"
It takes years to become a competent engineer, and a proper engineer wouldn't use products like ozone.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » How-tos » Production - engineering/mixing
Jump to: