electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Eventide
Eventide Discussion
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Dougster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Eventide Discussion Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the Eventide section of E-M!

I'm Doug, I maintain vSigX, the Eventide Harmonizer editing program. I'm working on a remote control application that will work with both the Eclipse and the bigger Harmonizers. While vSigX only runs on the Mac, the new remote control app will work on Mac, Windows and Linux...

I think Eventide makes the best effects units on the planet.

Let's have some fun!

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Eventide Discussion Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
Let's have some fun!

Good idea!

If you need anything, let me know.

Happy sailing Smile

cbm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Dougster!

What USB-Serial interface do you recommend for vSigX? I've been meaning to write some new Orville algorithms.

Dougster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use the Keyspan USA-19HS myself. Should be less than $30 US...

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, how brilliant to have you here Dougster. You're not wrong about Eventide pedals! Cool
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must admit I have an urge for an Eclipse.
Dougster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, even though I already have a GTR4000 (will full sampler add on!) and an H8000FW, I just got an Eclipse myself. Love this thing!

Blue LEDs are evil.
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you rob banks for a living Smile
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sound banks!
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Do you rob banks for a living Smile

Heehee, nope. I have just been collecting gear for a long time and I have been patient (and lucky). It probably doesn't hurt that I have a decent job and a very tolerant wife.

I got the GTR4000 first, then got the sampler option from ebay. A year or two after that, I got an H8000 and then had it upgraded to the FW version. The Eclipse was a demo unit...

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Sound banks!

I'm working on that! I plan to organize what I have collected so far and upload it as a zip file...

Blue LEDs are evil.
M-Goldie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hi doug

just thought i'd say hello and good idea setting up this forum.

i tried to get vsigx to talk to my dsp7000 with partial success, but not enough success to actually work...

anyway i gave up, but now i've got myself an H7600 so i'm keen to try it out again. will let you know how i get on.

thanks
M
Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi M,

Let me know what isn't working and I'll try to help!

One thing to remember is that a lot of the operations take a long time, especially things like downloading the database. I've been adding a lot of dialog boxes to the new version to give updates while the system is busy doing something. Don't know if that is related to what you're seeing...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
t_tangent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a quick message to say hi to everyone and thanks to Doug for starting up this Eventide part of EM forums. Look forward to seeing how it develops.

Thanks again.

t_t
Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to E-M! There's a lot of good stuff here besides this Eventide forum too...

Let me know if you have any ideas for how this topic should develop! I'm planning to bring some of the stuff over from the old Yahoo group so that it is more accessible. Hopefully we'll get some programming tutorials going as well...

Blue LEDs are evil.
M-Goldie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
Hi M,

Let me know what isn't working and I'll try to help!

One thing to remember is that a lot of the operations take a long time, especially things like downloading the database. I've been adding a lot of dialog boxes to the new version to give updates while the system is busy doing something. Don't know if that is related to what you're seeing...

Regards,
Doug

hi doug

thanks for your offer of help, i will get it all hooked up again and try it out. will let you know.

M
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Eventide
Jump to: