electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
need help for degugging
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
jean bender

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: need help for degugging
Subject description: from breadboarding to soldering
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everybody !

I've got few questions :

I've breadboard a boolean sequencer, which was made as is :

one 555 ( 10uf cap clock) (no resistor btw lfo output and 4040 clock input) -> 4040 input -> all cd4040 outputs go to two cd4030 inputs through dipswitch.

It was working really fine, and when i was clocking the lfo to its top rate, 4030s went mad and i had funny noises

So it was working really good, so i soldered it as is, but now, when i turn my lfo up, it seems to freeze the cd4030 action, so when the clock is too high, 4030s can not work, they stop comparating and just give one note per logic gate...

I've put a 47uf cap btw v+ and v- and i've also put a 0.1uf btw V+ and v+ pin from the cd4040.

I think there's a trick, but i don't know how to find it, since everything was alright on my breadboard...

Any idea ?
thanks !

www.electroncanon.org
jean bender

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An i also would be pleased to know which kind of solderboard you like, and where you buy them !!
thanks !!

www.electroncanon.org
bubzy

Audio files: 64

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we will need a schematic Smile
jean bender

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mmm i've followed the schematic given by inventor about its boolean sequencer...
it's pretty easy, i've breadboarded it easylly, my question is more about the way you go from a breadboard to a veroboard, and the tricks you can have to do to make it better.

the schematics are in the thread i made about boolean sequencer in the lunetta main thread !

Razz Razz

www.electroncanon.org
brock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi deadbeat,

I just took a look at your schematic and I have never seen a 555 configured like that. Does it actually run? You might want to think about configuring it in the typical astable mode as found in most data sheets like this one, http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM555.pdf, Figure 4 on page 7.

Good luck, Brock
jean bender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks brock.

Really amazing, what happens there : i built it last month on breadboard, and it was working fine..
Well, i think i will use 4046 for lcos, or try to see if i can use some cd40106's oscillators, as some of them are "free".

I also think that i've got some static electricity problem, since some of the cd40106 osc interracts each other...

i'll rebuilt it soon ! And let you know what happens !

www.electroncanon.org
brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I also think that i've got some static electricity problem, since some of the cd40106 osc interracts each other...

I don't think that's static electricity. Static problems with cmos usually result in dead chips because gate junctions get destroyed. Oscillator interaction is often due to stray capacitance but there are a few things that can cause this including poor grounding of the chip and floating unused inputs.
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Lunettas - circuits inspired by Stanley Lunetta
Jump to: