electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
question about velleman sequencer hack
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
moonagedaydream

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: question about velleman sequencer hack Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello! a few weeks ago, I put together one of the velleman running light kits, and turned it into a sequencer. Works pretty great, and it's nice to have another sequencer around, but i've finally ran into a wall. It doesn't have a clock in, so i've just been using it as my "master" i guess you could say. It hasn't been a problem until today, when i was trying to patch up something a little more complicated. I was wondering if anyone else has made one of these, and how i could possibly add a clock in.

If this doesn't belong in the circuit bending section let me know. seemed to fit.

jackson dancingjackson dancingjackson dancingjackson dancingjackson dancingjackson dancingjackson dancingjackson dancing
MJ is unrelated. Just thought it was cool.
artifus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if it uses the 4017 ic the clock in is pin 14
moonagedaydream

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It uses a 4015. and sorry, i'm rather new to this.
I pulled up a pinout for the 4015, and pin 1 says Clock B, 9 says Clock A. so would it be as simple as putting a jack in between these two pins?

Also, i would be connecting it to my modular synth. it's eurorack which i understand correctly, can put out up to 9 volts. would there have to be anything added to reduce the amount of power going into it?
artifus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i found this: http://www.velleman.eu/downloads/0/minikits/manuals/manual_mk107.pdf

the 555 is the on board clock outputting pulses on pin 3 which is connected to pins 1 and 9 of the 4015. so you'll need to cut the trace from the 555s pin 3 and connect that to a switchable clock input jack so that the 555 is disconnected from the 4015 when a jack is inserted and receives the external clock instead. if the 555 is socketed you could remove it and insert a wire from your external clock into pin 3 of the socket to test it. it should be fine on 9v. if it works rather than cutting tracks on the pcb maybe simply bend pin 3 of the 555 up and connect it to your jack with a wire running from the jack to pin 3 of the 555s socket which is connected to the clock in of the 4015. hope that makes sense - need more coffee!

moonagedaydream

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

makes perfect sense. Thank you for your help, i'll go give it a shot.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
Jump to: