electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Polymoog resonator
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
chok

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Polymoog resonator
Subject description: small question before construction
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all
For my intended bigger enjoyment, I am going to build this magnificent clone and to size correctly the supply, I would like to know, by those who would have already built it, how much consumes this filter on both positive and negative lines.

Thank you very much

Wink Pascal
chok

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cry
It is not just, I am a poor small forgotten chick Confused
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ce n'est pas juste ... indeed ... if I knew I'd tell you tho ... may the bump help!
thermionicjunky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grove Audio sells a version of this and they list a current draw of 25mA from each rail.
jumunius

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry to say it, but don't hold your breath for help in JH's forum. I think everyone who has built his boards is off playing with their gear and not replying to questions. It is very frustrating.

While I haven't yet built mine yet, modularsynthesis.com's Polymoog Resonators page reports the following:

Power consumption: 21 mA +15, 20 mA -15
jumunius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jumunius wrote:
I'm sorry to say it, but don't hold your breath for help in JH's forum. I think everyone who has built his boards is off playing with their gear and not replying to questions. It is very frustrating.

While I haven't yet built mine yet, modularsynthesis.com's Polymoog Resonators page reports the following:

Power consumption: 21 mA +15, 20 mA -15

PS. So pretty much what thermionicjunky said. And there I was bitching about how unresponsive this board is. Embarassed
jhaible

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jumunius wrote:
And there I was bitching about how unresponsive this board is. Embarassed

It might help posting into an already existing thread (there's one for each project!), instead of starting a new one. Why? Because normally everybody who posted into that thread previously, will automatically get an email when a new post is made. But if you start a new thread, you're waiting until stumbles across it ...

JH.

"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mk 11,23f)
jumunius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jhaible wrote:
It might help posting into an already existing thread (there's one for each project!), instead of starting a new one. Why? Because normally everybody who posted into that thread previously, will automatically get an email when a new post is made. But if you start a new thread, you're waiting until stumbles across it ...
JH.

Agreed. To be fair I tried posting to an existing thread with both the SOST Flanger and the Solina Chorus, had no luck in either. (The Solina I figured out on my own, the Flanger I have yet to resolve.) And then I tried writing a new SOST Flanger post in case that worked better, which it hasn't.

Generally speaking I find people more responsive on your boards to parts and planning questions than troubleshooting questions. I don't know maybe it's just the complexity of the projects for the average DIY'er that stops a lot of people from answering, and then others are advanced enough that they are tired of figuring out which bad solder lead to a problem build. Or maybe electro-music is in a lull.

Mind you now I've hijacked the OP's thread with my whining.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Jürgen Haible designs
Jump to: