electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
The Liquid High Hat - Back from the dead! [PCB's]
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 10 of 12 [284 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
HexInverter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

magneticstripper wrote:
put me down for 2 please.

Sure thing!
dnode

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope I'm not to late ... I'd really like two boards as well!
Anyway it works out, thanks and compliments on your efforts!
HexInverter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dnode wrote:
Hope I'm not to late ... I'd really like two boards as well!
Anyway it works out, thanks and compliments on your efforts!

Nope! Not too late. I ordered some extra this time. Got ya down for two, now!
zoot horn rollo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello,

I would like to buy one board as well if it is not too late!

Thanks
HexInverter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zoot horn rollo wrote:
Hello,

I would like to buy one board as well if it is not too late!

Thanks

Sure thing! Very Happy
rosch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i figured i might as well ask here (just asked @TSOL too)
can the LHH be run from +/-9V or +/-15V too? seems like this is actually thought for 12V, no?

edit: yup, works. just got the answer from Rich.
JoeMorris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would like two boards por favor. Ta, Joe
HexInverter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

JoeMorris wrote:
Would like two boards por favor. Ta, Joe

Gotcha!

Actually, you're on the spreadsheet already! Very Happy You missed the first time around I think, so I carried you over to the one for this round automatically Smile

They should be here soon hopefully! They're definitely on their way here by now...it's just a matter of them being delivered!
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yo hex, can you please send me the schematic, i ant find it anywhere, nearly finished building it now but a couple of head scratchers (see soundoflogic forum)

email to paradigmx <at> paradigmx <dotcom> would be aweome.

Many thanks, Ben
HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradigm X wrote:
yo hex, can you please send me the schematic, i ant find it anywhere, nearly finished building it now but a couple of head scratchers (see soundoflogic forum)

email to paradigmx <at> paradigmx <dotcom> would be aweome.

Many thanks, Ben

Done! And here's the link just in case something funny happens with the email...

http://hexinverter.net/?projects=liquid-high-hat-v11
rosch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

here's a shot from the manual (proto board), i guess the negative electrolytic cap (C2) should be reversed, no?

LHH_PSU.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.96 KB
 Viewed:  179 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

LHH_PSU.jpg

HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rosch wrote:
here's a shot from the manual (proto board), i guess the negative electrolytic cap (C2) should be reversed, no?

You are correct! The board has a mistake on it. Sorry about that!

NOTE: MAKE SURE TO INSTALL C2 OPPOSITELY BIASED TO WHAT THE BOARD LAYOUT/SILK-SCREEN SAYS!

(Edited out the error for clarity to avoid any confusion)

Last edited by HexInverter on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
marvkaye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HexInverter wrote:

The negative supply filter capacitor's positive lead should be at -V, and its negative lead at GND.

Huh?? On the negative supply the ground is at a positive potential compared to the negative voltage, so the + lead of the capacitor should connect to ground, the minus lead to the - voltage, shouldn't it? Unless I've been missing something along the way (not impossible, I'll admit Rolling Eyes )

<marv>
rosch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm wondering if i'm missing something here.
i think normally it would be like -V _ C-C+ _ GND _ C-C+ _ V+
i haven't analyzed the whole circuit though, might be i miss something essential
HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YIKES! Sorry guys. Good call!!!

I will make a large warning in the assembly manual to install it in the correct position.

This is why engineers have an entire design team behind them...so when someone makes a silly mistake, the others catch it. Thanks guys Smile
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the shems and the update.

Interesting how mattias got his working with it reversed (although if i understand it right its a non critical part of the power supply (?))

The schems are wrong too then if the above is correct. (I think) - only this capacitor tho.

Cheers, ben
HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradigm X wrote:
Thanks for the shems and the update.

Interesting how mattias got his working with it reversed (although if i understand it right its a non critical part of the power supply (?))

The schems are wrong too then if the above is correct. (I think) - only this capacitor tho.

Cheers, ben

Yes, the way the layout software works is that whatever is in the schematic winds up in the board. I will have to update the schematic eventually!

Well, its just a filter capacitor, but they can blow up when reverse biased sometimes D:
rosch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, hex
should have finished it soon!
mattias

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Paradigm X wrote:

Ooops, should fix that on mine. Usually I check those caps on the power rails independently of the assembly instructions, but somehow I goofed this time. I guess they survived because they are heavily overrated at 63Volts.
HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a package waiting for me at the post office Smile I will be picking it up after my exam today...hopefully it's the boards! I can't think of anything else that it would be Wink

Once I am home with the boards and have inspected them, I will edit the thread with payment information and dispatch messages to people who ordered!
decaying.sine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hex,
I'd like to buy two if you have any leftovers. I also posted at Muff's using the same username.

Brian / decaying.sine
HexInverter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To the people who have sent payments thus far: your orders will be shipping Tuesday morning! Smile Unfortunately this Monday is a holiday (Thanksgiving) so postal service is not running.

Also, any orders received by Monday afternoon will be going out in this batch. I will post back here once they are shipped!
Theta_Frost

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it alright if I can tack on another board to my order so I can get 2? I'm ready to order now, but I wanted to make sure it would be alright because I originally said one. Thanks!
HexInverter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theta_Frost wrote:
Is it alright if I can tack on another board to my order so I can get 2? I'm ready to order now, but I wanted to make sure it would be alright because I originally said one. Thanks!

That is just fine! Smile I take "pre-orders", but since I do not take any money up front, it is first come first served! If I held onto boards...well, then I'd be still hanging onto some from the first batch that people never actually came back for xD
Theta_Frost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ordered! Woohoo! Excited for my first forray into modular, and DIY synth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 10 of 12 [284 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: