electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
The Liquid High Hat - Back from the dead! [PCB's]
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 11 of 12 [284 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
HexInverter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay people, sorry I have been a little stray kitten lately!

I forgot to post back when I shipped everyone's boards! If you have sent payment for any number of LHH boards as of today (Oct. 22, 2011) -- your boards were shipped early last week! Smile

There are only a handful of boards left for the taking, now!
Theta_Frost

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yippee! Got mine in today. Thanks!
HexInverter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theta_Frost wrote:
Yippee! Got mine in today. Thanks!

Yay! Very Happy You are very welcome! Enjoy Smile

And don't forget to install that 10uF filter cap the opposite way as per the note in the beginning of this thread in the first post!
HexInverter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only one board left!
slo

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll take it.....Smile e-mail sent

George
HexInverter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

slo wrote:
I'll take it.....Smile e-mail sent

George

It's yours! Smile

So, unless the one person I have got two boards on hold for bails out, (you know who you are), they're all gone!

PS: In case anyone was wondering, the Bentley mod pads have not changed in the new revision, thus, the old Bentley mod diagrams in the manual still work!
telbonic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey! long time no login and just too late for a board!

shame, id have loved to give one a go - are you still planning on open-sourcing the circuit artwork so we can break out the laserprinter and clothesiron?
HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

telbonic wrote:
hey! long time no login and just too late for a board!

shame, id have loved to give one a go - are you still planning on open-sourcing the circuit artwork so we can break out the laserprinter and clothesiron?

Ah, good question. I was planning on it, yes. I do have to prepare the artwork for that, however, and that may take some time as I have a lot going on right now!
marvkaye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got my boards yesterday, they look great. Woohoo!!!

One quick question... I noticed a number of pads without screened-on component identifiers... can I assume those are for the various modifications mentioned in this thread? (I obviously need to re-read the docs...)

<marv>
HexInverter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

marvkaye wrote:
Just got my boards yesterday, they look great. Woohoo!!!

One quick question... I noticed a number of pads without screened-on component identifiers... can I assume those are for the various modifications mentioned in this thread? (I obviously need to re-read the docs...)

<marv>

Hey Marv!

Awesome Smile Yeah, I really like the way they turned out, too!

Okay, so there are some pads around the top right that have labels like "x1", etc on them -- those are for the Bentley Mods should you choose to do them (check the manual for infos)

I think what you are referring to is the jumper wire pads -- the board is unfortunately not totally single sided, so the completely unlabelled pads with no silk-screen whatsoever are jumper wires! Look for another pad somewhere nearby that is directly across from the one you're looking at, to find where a jumper needs to go. I designed it so that you never have to put a jumper at an angle -- making it easy to discern without the picture in front of you where jumpers go.

Have fun, and don't forget to install C2 facing the other way! (the silk screen is wrong)

sympleSEQ -- the simple to build analog step-sequencer

seqSQUARED -- the Analogue Pattern Generator
--> Put yourself on the hexinverter.net mailing list to be notified when in stock!
HexInverter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Want to make your own LHH boards? Now you can Smile

Just don't do it to sell them without asking, or else you will get the stink-eye! haha

Enjoy!

http://blog.hexinverter.net/?p=24

--> Put yourself on the hexinverter.net mailing list to be notified when in stock!
telbonic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HexInverter wrote:
Want to make your own LHH boards? Now you can Smile

Just don't do it to sell them without asking, or else you will get the stink-eye! haha

Enjoy!

http://blog.hexinverter.net/?p=24

Wow Hex that's absolutely brilliant & much sooner than expected. Am printing right now and will let you know how I get on with it.

Thanks! Cool
furio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks HexInverter !!! Very Happy
HexInverter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No problem guys Smile

inlifeindeath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks Hex!
marvkaye

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HexInverter wrote:

Okay, so there are some pads around the top right that have labels like "x1", etc on them -- those are for the Bentley Mods should you choose to do them (check the manual for infos)

I think what you are referring to is the jumper wire pads -- the board is unfortunately not totally single sided, so the completely unlabelled pads with no silk-screen whatsoever are jumper wires! Look for another pad somewhere nearby that is directly across from the one you're looking at, to find where a jumper needs to go. I designed it so that you never have to put a jumper at an angle -- making it easy to discern without the picture in front of you where jumpers go.

Have fun, and don't forget to install C2 facing the other way! (the silk screen is wrong)

Thanks for the clarification. I populated the first of my boards totally stock... following the doc
made it pretty simple. I'm planning on doing the mods on the second board, feel much more confident about tackling that now. Again, thank you for the pointers.

<marv>
jumunius

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still haven't built the Liquid Hi Hat yet, and sadly no immediate plans (baby coming soon for one thing), but I did just finish up a preliminary version of a Hi-Hat/Percussion EG that I've been stripboarding for a while. I look forward to someday using it with this LHH module, and figure others might find it handy. Particularly of interest is the fact that you can remove overlapping CVs when using fast patterns of closed and open hi hats. (In other words, more like classic analog drum machine hi hat circuitry, or heck, a real hi-hat.)

Details available over here.
janvanvolt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finished my LHH today. Boy, this is SICK! I've crossed 1 with 3 on the pots, so those are reverse, and needs fixing.

Beside my obvious error, this is a hell of a Hat!

Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys

Ive been doing a LOT of work and experimenting with this board. Based on guidance from Rich, ive found that decreasing the size of capacitors C13 and C16 makes a more 'realistic' hihat noise... the originally spec'd ones dont go that high. I found around 47pF was where it tops out (roughly, with all the controls its hard to say exactly), so maybe try some different caps between 100nF and 47pF. I then replaced the range pot with a 470k resistor, to save panel space and wiring.

I originally had both sets switchable via a 4way 3pole rotary. Now ive gone insane, and have two 12 way rotary switches, giveing 144 possible frequencies, before you even start twiddling. Insane! Ive not tested this yet, but it might be two much, you get some cool switching just with a simple 4 way, and some caps on perf/stripboard.

Adds a huge amount to this box IMO.

Heres an MP3 with some cap switching, and some pot twiddling.

http://www.paradigmx.com/lhh/lhhcapstest.mp3

It jumps fairly obviously at the cap switches. Smile

And heres a very loose, rough jam with the LHH and a 909 and a 606, groovey, 606 triggering the LHH, with modded envs and VCA from the Boss DR110 (thanks again to richardc64 for help with this!

http://www.paradigmx.com/lhh/lhhtechno.mp3

Its very basic, and the LHH has a bit of reverb, and mixed too loud, just as a demo.

Kind of hit a wall with a PSU but hopefully get this finished soon!

Cheers, Ben
emdot_ambient

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ParadigmX: That cap test mp3 is an amazing demo! Awesomness abounds thumb up
filterstein

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Like it, esp the techno demo.
Sounds just like a korg ms20 ringmodulator with noise fed through it's osc.
marcushorndt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: will there be more Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

will there be another batch???
HexInverter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am pleased to say that for those that missed out on the first couple of runs:

Another run of boards are ordered and will be available in my shop soon. Put your email on my mailing list (no spam, don't worry!) to be notified when they are in stock: http://blog.hexinverter.net/?page_id=14

http://www.hexinverter.net

baudrate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic! I've been wanting to build one of these for awhile.
HexInverter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

baudrate wrote:
Fantastic! I've been wanting to build one of these for awhile.

Yay Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 11 of 12 [284 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: