electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
Casio HT-700 - possible mods (other than moog slayer kind)
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Casio HT-700 - possible mods (other than moog slayer kind) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heya - I won a casio HT-700 @ feebay and I was wondering what mods are possible on that thing - I looked around but most instructables are about adding pots to control the filters. So what else is possible?

First thing I would like to do is somehow cut the chorus and use it as a dedicated effect with pot and audio input, then somehow use the freed chorus parameters to route the lfo to control vco OR vcf OR vca OR vcf+vca and make the pitch wheel useable for vcf and vca cv as well.

Once, and only then when I get that accomplished, I would like to add dedicated pots (digital pots perhaps?) to directly control parameters (I like the idea of having performance controls and be able to save their settings). Perhaps I could put a simple digital logic circuit together to simulate mode keypress+datawheel actions with (digital) pots?

I'm propably asking for too much (as usual) but any suggestions are appreciated.

PS: I also would like to add a switch (or sacrifice another parameter function) to realize two modes: mode one is normal mode, mode two would move the lower (chord) sounds to the upper voice's audio path and make them playable across the whole of the keyboard (no chords) and also make some cross routings e. g. lower voice patched through upper voice vcf, controlled by upper and lower lfo, and also route drums through vcf2. Possible yes/no?
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nothing? anything? no? dunno
edjwise

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also have an HT700 I really like the way it sounds on its own. The moog slayer style mod would be great, the next thing to do is just start poking around on the insides with some bits of wire. Im sure that you can get plenty of bent waveforms out of it.
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I'm amazed of the sounds you get out of that thing. The chorus rocks, together with a well selected wave, light vibrato and vcf set to low and there's your instant ambient pad.

So yeah I'm still looking for suggestions for all kinds of mods (especially mods that involve accessing the synth parameters). But I'd rather not blindly poke around, so if someone could help me out wit schematics and data sheets, that would be awesome.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to accomplish my latter ideas from the original post, but I would at least like to accomplish the idea of using the chorus parameters to route the lfo to different targets, other than just dco.
I know it should be possible, because somebody did something similar for me on a Korg Poly 800 where he used a inverter to invert the lpt to a hpf and then he cut a wire from a strip cable and routed it to the mod to activate it (and make it saveable within a patch) using the chorus parameters and he made the chorus manually accessible via a switch and pot.

So in a nutshell that's kind of what I'm trying to do. Could someone give me some clues on how to get something like this done on the HT-700?

PS: What about modding the pitchbender, so that it can be used for vcf, vca, lfo speed/depth? Would it be as easy as making a connection between modwheel and whatever cv?
patrickvf1976

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BUMP!! Still looking....
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Circuit Bending
Jump to: