electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
The AY-Voice
Page 2 of 2 [44 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Thomas_Henry

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hiya,

Thanks for your interest.

The microprocessor book mentioned above ended up being a real time-consumer this summer at 150 pages. But I did finish it a couple weeks ago. Now it's just a matter of finding a publisher.

Then I got sidetracked with the X-4046 VCO and VCF-1.

To top it off, a so-called professional repairman trashed my laptrop, causing $150 damage in the process. So I have literally spent the last month disassembling and assembling it myself three times just to get everything right. Let me tell you, that's harrowing with more than 75 screws to account for.

Anyway, school starts next week so I obviously didn't get to the AY-Voice yet and it'll probably be slow-going for a while. But I haven't forgotten it!

Thomas Henry
modius13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*peers* Anything more on this?
glitched

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll throw my hat in and say that I'm very interested in this project. We need more lo-fi voices in modular-land!
analog monster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm really looking forward to this project, I love the sound of old computer chips, have a midibox sid half finished and I have been making music with gameboys for a while now, it would be great to have another source for some of the sounds of computer yore. Is there any chance of an update?
Dan Lavin

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AM:
Thomas is a college instructor and gets tied up during the college school year. We'll probably start hearing from him in May. Summer is when he really cranks stuff out.

analog monster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought that is what he meant by school starts next week, although part of me did think he was some kind of child genius! I'm aware its going to be a while but I would quite like to know what kind of features we can expect. I'm about to start building this http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=midibox_ay_3_8912 which is the same chip with one less 8bit I/O, and I was just interested in how they may compare. I've five 8910 chips so I'm going to be building this anyway when the project is ready. Thanks Thomas for the great designs, I'll look forward to having another book to add to the collection also
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BG only has one left gang .... ouch !

Quantity In Stock: 1
BG Part Number: ICSAY38910

Bill
jumunius

Audio files: 13

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

State Machine wrote:
BG only has one left gang .... ouch !
Bill

Hopefully this is because some of us bought several when Thomas announced the project and are awaiting a PCB to stuff them into! Very Happy

ETA: I don't know how much stock arcadechips.com have but $6/pop ain't too bad. Do you think vintage arcade game collectors resent SDIYers for building new instruments out of their NOS chips?
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
ETA: I don't know how much stock arcadechips.com have but $6/pop ain't too bad.

Nice yes. Good tip. I use to get SN76477 chips from them.

Quote:
Do you think vintage arcade game collectors resent SDIYers for building new instruments out of their NOS chips?

Maybe not, considering it goes both ways. I have seen vintage gaming guys build entire Atari 2600 game consoles using our brandy new FPGA chips !! Laughing

Thanks
Bill
[/quote]
BrettW

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Still interested Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Thomas! I'm still interested in your book and AY-Music circuit. Just wondering if you could give us all some kind of update on it. Did you find a publisher for your book?
Dan Lavin

Audio files: 21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was curious about Thomas' schedule, so I checked his college calendar. Looks like final exams are done on May 11. Now I'm sure he'll need to grade exams, submit final grades, etc., but here's hoping he's back at it about this time next month!
tony void

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently just started reading about this chip and got on this forum to check out if there are any Projects involving it. So I was very excited to find this thread. I am ordering at least two of those chips right away from BG As they Appear to still have them stop.
harrymatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't wait for something to come of this, I've got the shell of a broken old ZX Spectrum that would be the perfect enclosure for this project.
tehskull

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was lucky enough to get my hands on 3 AY chips. Cant wait for this project to take off Very Happy
Dego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tehskull wrote:
I was lucky enough to get my hands on 3 AY chips. Cant wait for this project to take off Very Happy

+1
Naturebot

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 AY's on hand and ready to rock
State Machine
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kind of curious as to what ever became of the project. No word in a while. Anyhow, I have a bunch of these AY chips to. Wink

Bill
Pehr

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how could I have missed this one Smile
http://www.garageband.com/artist/loxodrom
http://soundcloud.com/loxodrom
n.d

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pump! (rather than a simple bump)

NEVERMIND, FOUND IT!

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-53784-125.html
Page 2 of 2 [44 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Thomas Henry designs
Jump to: