electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Chromaphone - percussion synthesizer with resonators
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Chromaphone - percussion synthesizer with resonators
Subject description: Clever stuff from AAS
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Press release:

Greetings from AAS!

It's with great excitement that we present Chromaphone, our brand new creative percussion synthesizer plug-in!

We have designed a synthesizer that combines acoustic resonators to create drums, percussion, mallet, string, and synth-like instruments. At your fingertips are drum skins, bars, marimbas, plates, strings, and tubes that get sparked into life by a mallet and a flexible noise source.

With Chromaphone, we introduce a novel coupling technology that models how vibrating objects interact. Resonators are not passive anymore, they now move and influence each other dynamically capturing key acoustic behaviours. The result is a library of vivid and expressive instruments with unmatched acoustic precision, sharpness, and real-life presence!

There is no time to waste – get Chromaphone now at the address below.

Chromaphone – Creative Percussion Synthesizer
http://www.applied-acoustics.com/chromaphone//

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

The release of Chromaphone also updates the Modeling Collection to seven (7) instruments! If you own one (1), two (2), three (3), or four (4) Professional Series instruments, our Modeling Collection Upgrades, starting at $199, are the best deals we offer to complete your collection and get Chromaphone in one fell swoop. Check out your options at the address below.

Modeling Collection – Professional Series Bundle
http://www.applied-acoustics.com/modelingcollection/upgrades/c/2fa862ecf9-356666/

-------------

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

If you are not already following us on Twitter and Facebook, it's the best and most up-to-date place to find the latest about what's happening at AAS!

@AAS_News on Twitter
http://twitter.com/aas_news/

AppliedAcoustics on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/AppliedAcoustics

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beat me to it!

Looks interesting to me.
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i have all the other apps in the Modeling Collection.. so I will certainly get this one too.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The audio demos are pretty convincing. Where is my card..? scratch Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
The audio demos are pretty convincing. Where is my card..? scratch Very Happy

That's what I was thinking.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it is rather good actually, a fool such as myself can even get good sounds out of it and I cannot think of higher praise!
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

This piece of code is indeed brilliant. Smart move to grab the resonator section from the Tassman engine and build something like this around it.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder how the sounds compare to Pianoteq's vibes and xylophone sounds.

Some old stuff on VIRB
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is sampling thing, isn´t it?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope..

Quote:
The powerful innovative features of Pianoteq, based on physical modelling and real time sound generation, make it the natural choice for demanding musicians including composers, producers and keyboardists.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyways, for 89USD ( which is what the bundle upgrade is offered to owners of the other instruments in the same series for ) this is a no-brainer. Amazing sounds. The cool thing is that you can easily create playable sounds that aren´t quite copies of specific acoustic instruments. I like that.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
GovernorSilver

G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
That is sampling thing, isn´t it?

You got it right. Laughing

There seems to be some overlap, but Chromaphone seems to be the deeper modeler in that area of physical modeling.

I still have to try the evaluation version of Pianoteq and compare it to my Korg M3 Xpanded piano patches. "On paper" as we say in the US, Pianoteq should blow the M3's pianos away in responsiveness.

It'll also be fun to compare Chromaphone's sound and responsiveness to the those of Ableton's Collision.

Some old stuff on VIRB
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far Chromaphone is behaving just fine here. No complaints re responsiveness and overall performance. The interface is kinda smart as it looks almost too basic and simple, but provides a tremendous range of possibilities for sound shaping. Approved! Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Winstontaneous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm digging it too, and I upgraded to the full Modeling Collection with the 1/2 price sale they had last weekend. Hopefully they will get their heads out of their AASes and update Tassman soon!
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Anyways, for 89USD ( which is what the bundle upgrade is offered to owners of the other instruments in the same series for ) this is a no-brainer. Amazing sounds. The cool thing is that you can easily create playable sounds that aren´t quite copies of specific acoustic instruments. I like that.

Yep, been using various AAS soft synths since 2005, love their physical models, got this one last Friday for $89. They had a $99 Black Friday intro special for the uninitiated. Won't have much time to try it out until after I give final exams in 2 weeks, so I am glad to read the comments here so far. I plan on using it as the percussion section here. The game I am working on for playing on the planetarium dome will correlate with five "orchestra sections" in the speakers placed around the base of the dome. I figure on using AAS StringStudio for the string section, and the percussion section with Chromaphone, others still to figure out. One section will probably be my guitar synth.

Visualize a virtual orchestra on the dome of the planetarium and you have it. Ought to be fun Cool

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Off topic:

AAS has a preset player app, and they are selling presets packs.
I haven´t tried the player app yet, but I wonder if these will play my own patch presets made with Ultra Analog. In that case the player app could be useful. Anyone ? Any idea if this would work?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » News... » Gear News
Jump to: