electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
New gear!
Page 61 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, ..., 72, 73, 74 Next
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just got this one:

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
The Q103 DC Power Interface Module offers a DC power source for modules mounted in another cabinet which doesn't have its own power supply. The two DC power connectors are connected together internally and can be used as inputs or outputs depending where the power supply resides. DC power is supplied to or from the Q103 module via the cabinet's internal DC power harness. LED voltage indicators are also provided. The Q103 can be used on the rear of cabinets with rear panel openings to hide inter-cabinet wiring.

Very Happy

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
MadScientist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Just got this one:
[...]
Very Happy

Awesome, congratulations!

Did you go for the Limited Edition with the cryogenically treated DIN connectors to emphasize those lush harmonics in your synth racks, or just the regular one? Very Happy
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got one of the Special Edition ones that have been soldered by transsexual Orcs and stored for 6 months in fermented Elf-foam. That is what makes the huge difference. Shocked

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr

Last edited by elektro80 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
MadScientist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are not worthy. Hail the Master
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

scratch .. correction.. I think the quote rather goes like "we are the Borg"?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
MadScientist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"We are the Borg, prepare to be assimilated! Hail the Master" ??

Don't think prostrating as a Borg has quite the right ring to it...? thinking

(Love the selection of smileys here on EM. )
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup.. and we even have an EM Stalin Uncle Joe Stalin

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Idea But we don¨t have an "Ole Søltoft"

albino albino albino albino albino albino

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
MadScientist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Subtle cultural reference detected, engaging sixties chill pill! chill Peace

Wonder how many from outside Scandinavia know about that...? Rape, pillage, kill
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
scratch .. correction.. I think the quote rather goes like "we are the Borg"?

WE ARE THE BROGUE PREPARE TO EAT HAGGIS.

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadScientist wrote:
Subtle cultural reference detected, engaging sixties chill pill! chill Peace

Wonder how many from outside Scandinavia know about that...? Rape, pillage, kill

Minuscule.. Low-grade British smut is probably more well known.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadScientist wrote:
..it is sometimes a bit of a problem, when foreigners jump to conclusions as to why we do some of the things we do in this country.

Like banning Marmite!
MadScientist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
Like banning Marmite!

Excellent example, because we didn't, despite what was reported in the UK press at the time. Here is what really happened:
  • Small mom-and-pop company in Denmark makes a living importing food specialities from all over the world.
  • One day they decide to start importing Marmite. They are by far not the first company in Denmark to do so, yet this time there is a difference. Unlike the other stuff this company imports, Marmite contains non-natural ingredients (preservatives, additional vitamins or something similar). This is not illegal, but you need a permit to import and sell food with additives in Denmark. Just because an additive or a combination of same with food is legal elsewhere doesn't automatically make it so here. Usually this is a trivial thing to ask for a permit for, if the product and additives are recognized elsewhere within the EU.
  • First shipment of Marmite gets hold up by customs, and the mom-and-pop shop is asked for their permit to import Marmite. Customs assumes this is a standard case of someone forgetting to file the paperwork or whatever.
  • Mom-and-pop shop misunderstands the situation, goes ballistic, calls friends in the UK. "Help, help, we are being oppressed!"
  • Somebody calls the UK press: "Denmark is banning Marmite?!"
  • UK press decides to check the facts, calls the Danish Food and Safety administration, gets their PR spokes person. PR spokes person doesn't have *any* idea what the UK press is asking about (they are handling literally thousands of cases each day). Tells UK press to please call back next Tuesday, as the person handling the case in question is out at a conference.
  • UK press doesn't have patience to wait until Tuesday next week. Decides Danish authorities must be trying to hide something/stall/whatever, and runs with the story. Newspaper presses goes into gear.
  • "DENMARK BANS MARMITE! QUEEN RECALLS AMBASSADOR FROM COPENHAGEN. WAR IMMINENT! NEWS AT 11!"
IE. some daft idiots didn't know how to file the proper paperwork, and panicked when they were caught red handed.
audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Damn... my country's idiocy must be contagious. There should be a booster shot for that.

pyrosonic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Just got a Soundcraft Notepad 124.
They're cute.It's a handy little thing to keep in the toolkit and for gigs where I only use a few things and don't want to bring the trusty old Mackie 1604.
Can't beat it for $99
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the delay programs which are the only ones where you can set any parameter (tap to set delay time) actually gives you enough delay time to do Frippertronics type delay loops. Win Win.
It'd be so much nicer f t had 2 sends instead of 1,but at least using the external send jack doesn't disable the internal effects.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
audiodef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pyrosonic wrote:

Just got a Soundcraft Notepad 124.
They're cute.

It sure is. Cool

Does it have USB or Firewire?

audiodef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Just got a new Allen & Heath Zed 14 mixer.

Can this hook up to a computer with USB or Firewire?

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.. check their website..

Review:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct07/articles/allenandheathZED14.htm

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
audiodef

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Yes.. check their website..

Review:

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct07/articles/allenandheathZED14.htm

Nice. Cool

pyrosonic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No on the FW & USB for the Notepad.
Pretty bare bones.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the review gives a decent explanation, but I have actually tried this board a few times and the noise described in the interview wasn´t there. Well. a little noise, but this is a mixer.. pretty silent compared to most. The reviewer has used it with a G5 and those could be nasty at times. No problems with a macintel laptop.

The point to make here is that this isn´t a recording console with the usual features one would expect. A great little mixer with a digital audio output.

I don´t own it, but I´ve been considering this one for some time. In my case I think I want a slightly different configuration. And I do want full EQ bypass.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
audiodef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

I don´t own it, but I´ve been considering this one for some time. In my case I think I want a slightly different configuration. And I do want full EQ bypass.

Give it EQ bypass surgery. Razz

jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The most expensive 'app' to date, but I just installed Lemur on the iPad!

Now if only there was network tunneling over usb, I can get rid of the wifi issues.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the Fairlight was the most expensive app?
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
jksuperstar

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 18

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess I was saying from my wallet's perspective Embarassed

But they are the same price!
Page 61 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, ..., 72, 73, 74 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: