electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
New gear!
Page 62 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, ..., 72, 73, 74 Next
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quite a bit cheaper than a real lemur though!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I bought the Lemur iPad app too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to have to as well, even though it is a bit galling as I have a Lemur that cost a fair bit more!

The worst thing is they will probably fix the bugs that exist on the iPad but the real Lemur will forever stay buggy Sad

I am just hoping the iPad version editor will work with my Lemur as the normal one is buggy as hell with fairly random crashes.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why don't you write to them and suggest how to fix it? Shocked

Or you could offer to stick a red hot poker up each of their arses instead?? Shocked Laughing Laughing

Seriously though, please tell us how you get on with it, as I still don't really get what all the fuss is about. Confused

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We all wrote to Jazzmutant asking the to fix the bugs but unfortunetaly they were French, and the French seem to think bugs give software character!

You dont see the point as you are a cantankerous old git and it costs more than 69p.

The lemur is a great piece of kit, a configurable scriptable controller surface.

The app is worth 10 times more than they are selling it for.

Even a Luddite such as yourself should give it a bloody go.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

You dont see the point as you are a cantankerous old git and it costs more than 69p.

Yeah, but no one will buy a bloody ring modulator for £35 unless it had voodoo properties- which it doesn't, unless you stick that up your arse too! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

That's why you've created all those amazing recordings with it too eh??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Yeah, but no one will buy a bloody ring modulator for £35 unless it had voodoo properties- which it doesn't, unless you stick that up your arse too! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

That reminded me... Tom.. do you take requests ..re the arse sticking business.. ?

When you get around to it.. do go arse sticking

1. Google Plus
2. Kindle Fire

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
We all wrote to Jazzmutant asking the to fix the bugs but unfortunetaly they were French, and the French seem to think bugs give software character!

Laughing Laughing

That explains that Arturia Origin!

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:

BTW, I bought two dotcom ring modulators secondhand for approx. 35 USD each.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:

1. Google Plus
2. Kindle Fire

Yeah, some dude posted me some google+ shit. I see what you mean! It was all in Norwegian! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
Yeah, some dude posted me some google+ shit. I see what you mean! It was all in Norwegian! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yup, I imagined the lemur could get some company up there in the chimney.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nearest I could find to "Bugs" and "French" was that cheese with worms in it.....

elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
It was all in Norwegian! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

You are supposed to cope with that. Your nuts are norwegian.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
BobTheDog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
BobTheDog wrote:

That's why you've created all those amazing recordings with it too eh??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz

I have been reading this excellent book http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0099448785

In it there is a part where two men are watching three old men digging a hole in the ground.

One of the watching men asks the other what the hole is for.

He replies that the hole is for nothing, they are digging the hole because they love to dig? It has no special meaning, it does not transport them anywhere.

All of us dig these holes, we have nothing to achieve by our activities, nowhere to get to.

So if the two men were not watching the digging would it make the digging of the hole have less worth?
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:

So if the two men were not watching the digging would it make the digging of the hole have less worth?

Not at all. Smile

MadScientist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prediction: Korg's warranty won't survive into next year. Very Happy

Korg_Monotron.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  280.95 KB
 Viewed:  145 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Korg_Monotron.jpg

pyrosonic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iPad 2 and Alesis iODOCK

Apps so far:
Phaedra,Argon,iSyn,Jasuto Pro,TouchOSC,Bloom,Filtatron,Beatmaker,Curtis,Animoog,Bowls,MidiMe,
RISCy,DPControl,KalimbaFree,ProLoop,SunVox,StudioMiniXL,Manetron,Synthtropica,Addictive Synth,NLog PRO
(which I also got as a stand alone app and AUplugin)
NanoStudio,Harmonium,WorldDrums,KooleidoLite,LEMUR!!!,iKaossilator,Odd:Hang,iTX81Z,iMatrix-6.

Had it a little over a week,but not a lot of time to mess with much with the holidays.
Methinks I downloaded too many apps at once,I'm a tad overwhelmed.
First up is Lemur while I have a big block of time.
I am VERY EXCITED about what this thing is going to do for me.I'm expecting a quantum leap in control once I get it all straightened out.

IMG_3714.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.45 MB
 Viewed:  140 Time(s)

IMG_3714.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 213
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pyrosonic wrote:

Methinks I downloaded too many apps at once,I'm a tad overwhelmed.

I was going to say that myself. I have done the same thing. Smile

pyrosonic wrote:

First up is Lemur while I have a big block of time.
I am VERY EXCITED about what this thing is going to do for me.I'm expecting a quantum leap in control once I get it all straightened out.

Yep - Lemur looks very promising. I've finished reading the manual. It looks like it's well worth moving forward with it. It's a new coding environment and I'm tired of learning new ones. Still, this is pretty fine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SugarRatz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: mmmm... tasty
Subject description: goodbye m box you wont be missed
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now thats and I/O!

IMG_0248.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  360.97 KB
 Viewed:  133 Time(s)

IMG_0248.JPG

SugarRatz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: I love this
Subject description: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

slightly irritating learning curve
Basicly if you dont switch stuff on in the correct order you have to restart your computer and start again
apart from that
its awesome - sharp and clean
!

IMG_0249.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  295.6 KB
 Viewed:  129 Time(s)

IMG_0249.JPG

audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: I love this
Subject description: Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

SugarRatz wrote:
if you dont switch stuff on in the correct order you have to restart your computer and start again

I had a similar problem with dual Mackie Onyx (not the "i" series) mixers on Windows XP. Mackie dropped dual-mixer with their updated drivers and the "i" series, and I dropped Windows. Under Linux, my pair works perfectly without any need to turn anything on or off in the "correct" order except to turn off JACK before turning on the second mixer if I started a session with one.

Cynosure
Site Admin

Audio files: 82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The stand was for the cmos synth I built, but I thought it made a funny pic Smile

I ordered and soldered up the midi-if pcb for the monotron before the holidays. Time to get to work on adding midi control to it. It sounds great for such a tiny little thing!

monofun.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.02 KB
 Viewed:  123 Time(s)

monofun.jpg

audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Picturing a room full of little synths on regular stands... Laughing

audiodef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added two of these to my studio today, using some holiday gift money and some of my own. Will post photos from the studio when I've cleaned it up a bit.

They sound great!

Here's a photo. I looked for a "before" photo and couldn't find one that suitably depicted just how much space my Alesis Sumo 100's took up. The KRK's take up less space and sound much better.

DSC_0005.JPG
 Description:
Reference monitors: in your houses taking up less space
 Filesize:  5.81 MB
 Viewed:  137 Time(s)

DSC_0005.JPG

Last edited by audiodef on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 62 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, ..., 72, 73, 74 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: