electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Got an Andromeda for my son. Need advice.
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Infrablue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Got an Andromeda for my son. Need advice. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got this keyboard for Jason, my 5 year old son so he can practice and learn piano but honestly there is no realistic piano sound on it.

It all sounds like laser guns pretty much.

Anyone have any good piano sounds I can load into this? I can pay if needed.

Thanks so much!

...I attached a picture of the keyboard with him playing it. No speakers so he's forced to use headphones until the guitar amp I ordered arrives.

Jason Andromeda.jpg
 Description:
Jason and his Andromeda
 Filesize:  1.87 MB
 Viewed:  290 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Jason Andromeda.jpg

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you quite sure you didn´t buy this one for yourself? Laughing

The polyphony of the Andromeda is 16, so this is not anything you really would consider for the budding concert pianist. That being said, this thing is a state of the art polyphonic synth and an excellent instrument.

No, you won´t really get a highly realistic piano sound out of it. A much better bet is one of the Kurzweil budget digital stage piano models.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
tmste

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: price Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably you bouhgt it without knowing what were you buying.
How did you pay for it?
It worths a lot of money..

If you need a piano sell it and buy at least 5 digital pianos..
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there can be made some nice electric piano's though.
strange i had the same request ( for a son ) some time ago too.
i'll see if i can find the patch again.
btw :frankenstein: is a nice one too

yep : here:
http://electro-music.com/forum/post-164203.html#164203
patch 003 will do
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Got an Andromeda for my son. Need advice. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infrablue wrote:
I got this keyboard for Jason, my 5 year old son so he can practice and learn piano but honestly there is no realistic piano sound on it.

It all sounds like laser guns pretty much.

Post of the year ...

elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup!

Brilliant! Laughing

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're in luck. A while back I got a Casio SA-76 for one of my daughter's sons. I can tell you that the Casio SA-76 has a much more realistic piano sound.

Since I take pity on your shitty laser sound synth, I will gladly give you a Casio SA-76 if you give me that Alesis A6. Laughing
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the piano's might be shitty, but the drums and autobassplay makes up for it sufficiently
Infrablue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Since I take pity on your shitty laser sound synth, I will gladly give you a Casio SA-76 if you give me that Alesis A6.

Soundwave... I found an mp3 of the Casio piano sound and it really does sound more realistic. Let's set up a trade if you are willing...

I even hooked up my red sound module and it has a pretty cool guitar sound but no usable piano. It's a Clavia G? G2 or something? I guess I could throw that in toward the Casio if you are cool with that.

Okay... so I'll confess... Very Happy I got the Andromeda for myself a few years back and it is so amazing. I never feel worthy of owning such a dream synth and I was so lucky to get 1 of the last ones from Sweetwater.

Sorry for the mean joke... but it comes from real life... back when I sold keyboards at a music store, I occasionally saw someone get a powerful, expensive pro synth or something similar, against our recommendation, just because it was a "hip" machine and then give it to a kid (sometimes fully disinterested) who really needed a standard upright piano or student digital piano. ...or sometimes buy something like that not to play but just to display. Pretty funny sometimes but it sure made me cringe!!

Quote:
It worths a lot of money..

If you need a piano sell it and buy at least 5 digital pianos..

I've told a few buyers the same thing!! So funny to see you say that. You are too cool...

I just wanted to post this in joining this great forum. I have read every word here over time and wanted to say thank you to you guys for all the insight into programming. There are some really intelligent people here who know what they are doing with synthesis.

And, Sunny! I'm sincerely honored that you responded and actually offered a reasonable solution to my situation! You are so nice and I have read all of your posts. You indeed are a genius programmer and great person. I'm going to use your patch in a recording, especially now that it has some fun history attached to it! Thank you!

Thanks so much guys!!

So where do I send the A6 and G2 to trade for that Casio? And just curious... can the filters in the Casio self-oscillate? Very Happy
hrastprogrammer

Audio files: 103

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infrablue wrote:
Sorry for the mean joke...

Why apologize? This thread made my day thumb up

blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice picture :-)
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome again.
better give your son one like these.
he'll like it more i guess , at his age :

IMG_1634.jpeg
 Description:
my son does..
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  246 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

IMG_1634.jpeg

Last edited by sunny pedaal on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infrablue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
welcome again.
better give your son one like these.
he'll like it more i guess , at his age :

Great picture! Seeing that synth makes me feel like a kid!

Last edited by Infrablue on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Infrablue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blue Hell wrote:
Nice picture Smile

Thanks... I do love his focus in the picture. He does mostly play a standard 88 key yamaha digital piano and does a good job for his age, but he also loves synths and does love the Andromeda... occasionally under close supervision. He loves all the knobs and really likes to experiment, though kind of randomly for now... I'm definately exposing him to synthesis young and he reallly has latched onto the sounds... he's pretty musically sensitive for his age though not so much technique but that will come.
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm always afraid to overfeed them ( with synths ).
therefore start with the simpler work , and not too much.
it has to remain interesting, at least that's what i'll hope
CoolColJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ryan playing a nice piano patch on my A6 Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3WifYBsmkg
sunny pedaal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice
happy new year and all best wishes for 2012 !
Infrablue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great video, CoolColJ. That piano patch is the best analog synced vco physical modeling I have ever heard! Very Happy
Astral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CoolColJ wrote:
Ryan playing a nice piano patch on my A6 Cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3WifYBsmkg

sry, Im not buying it....obviously hooked up to a piano vst or other workstation etc/'//,,
CoolColJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work Sherlock Twisted Evil
soundwave106

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, in my current live setup the A6 controls both the laptop VST sounds (and a JV1010 if I need it).

So sometimes, indeed, I'm "playing" the A6 and piano sounds come out. And I can point out all those awesome Omnisphere sounds that are in this A6 machine, too. Laughing
Infrablue

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a powerful and efficient live rig, Soundwave. Very cool.
Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: