electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Correction: I'm *not* making TR-808 Voice Boards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 10 [247 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next

How would you like the 808 voices to be arranged?
Two pcbs with six voices each.
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Three pcbs with four voices each.
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
Individual pcbs with one voice each.
50%
 50%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 52

Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Luka wrote:
before i get interested in these projects can we flesh out what is happening with mb808. what is the time frame to get mb808 third batch resolved? is there one yet? the mb808 site is down - no more updates on ucapps forum thread.

Umm, the eight-oh-eight.org site is definitely up, I took over paying the hosting fees myself in August. When was the last time you checked there?

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
Luka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so it is - sorry my link is still the forum

that being said - im still interested
your latest post says that you are constantly busy and the project is being delayed

to just to be clear im not trying to create an issue here - i am trying to find out information

http://www.last.fm/user/prblmchild
Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Luka wrote:
to just to be clear im not trying to create an issue here - i am trying to find out information

As *always*, the best way to get information is to contact me via email...

Every DIY person should own a copy of Electronotes: http://electronotes.netfirms.com

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, on my *lovely* Wink trip to Idaho, I actually had a bit of down time between tests. Unfortunately, I was out in satellite phone land, so I had no network connection (and no power hookup - I used a Honda generator all day), but I did take the macbook with me and was able to get a bit of work done on the board layouts. I finished the two board set, so I'm going to order a set of prototypes. My hope is that I'll get the MB-808 finalized before the voice board prototypes are shipped, so that I can start building them as soon as they get here...

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dougster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, this is cool. I just heard back from Trev, and it's alright if I use the MIDI-CV circuit and firmware from the 9090. I've already designed the 808 voice boards to have the same width and mounting hole pattern as the 9090 boards, so it'll be easy to making matching cases. Now I just need to test the 9090 MIDI-CV circuit with the 808 voices to make sure everything works, then I can finish up the MIDIbox sequencer that will work with both of them...

Blue LEDs are evil.
SubG (deactivated)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bounce
brother303

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

Wow,really awesome news!

Cheers
Greg

Dave Kendall

Audio files: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I just heard back from Trev, and it's alright if I use the MIDI-CV circuit and firmware from the 9090

Wow.... Would it be possible to use the 9090 MIDI-CV's velocity sensitivity to vary the accent levels on the individual 808 voices?

That would be awesomely expressive, and a first I believe.....

cheers,
Dave

Dougster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dave Kendall wrote:
Wow.... Would it be possible to use the 9090 MIDI-CV's velocity sensitivity to vary the accent levels on the individual 808 voices?

Yes, that is indeed what I'm hoping to do!

Blue LEDs are evil.
Dave Kendall

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice one Doug! ... Cool
LektroiD

Audio files: 2
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be easy to add CV to some of the functions, such as the decay on the kick or hihats? (maybe have 1V/Oct pitch on the kick too).. This thing would really gel with the rest of the modular then Smile
Dave Kendall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 on more CV control wherever possible Smile

cheers,
Dave

brother303

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,

keep it straight! Imho, CV-control could be added rather on the single module pcbs than on the complete voiceboards.

Only my opinion... Wink

Dougster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All in good time... Smile

Blue LEDs are evil.
roflcopta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 for the first option
brother303

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Doug,

just curious,any news here?

Wink

Best regards
Greg

Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't had a chance to build the prototypes yet. Still trying to get the MB-808 kits out the door.

I included the MIDI-CV stuff on the prototype. I was brave/stupid and didn't breadboard it first, I just added it directly to the design, so I need to test to make sure it really is compatible... Shocked

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
egasimus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm building a minimalistic drum machine, so I've been wondering... have you thought of also releasing a board with just the kick, snare, and two hats? Smile
brother303

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Doug,

Dougster wrote:
I haven't had a chance to build the prototypes yet. Still trying to get the MB-808 kits out the door.

No problem here,I´m not in a hurry. Wink

Thanks for reply!

Cheers
Greg

Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

egasimus wrote:
I'm building a minimalistic drum machine, so I've been wondering... have you thought of also releasing a board with just the kick, snare, and two hats? Smile

I hadn't thought of making that particular combination yet, but I've been working on pcbs with one voice each, kick by itself, snare, hats, etc...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Peake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dougster wrote:
Still trying to get the MB-808 kits out the door.

Regards,
Doug

I still want one, mon!

"IC 741. Sometimes you don't want fidelity." -Small Bear Electronics Catalog
aladan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Count me in for one set of whatever you end up making; preference for fewer boards with more voices; you can always leave sections unpopulated if you don't want 'em...
Pfurmel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be interested in individual boards on this, if it goes ahead
Dougster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definitely going ahead. At this point, the only question left is whether I'm going to try to make a standard size board with the same mounting holes, or whether I'll just make each of them as small as possible...

Regards,
Doug

Blue LEDs are evil.
Paradigm X

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are there any MB808 kits left/cancellations?

Or is another run planned?
Thanks

Ben
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 2 of 10 [247 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., 8, 9, 10 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: