electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Improved user manual and the posibilty to sort patches
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Afro88

Audio files: 12
G2 patch files: 79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Kassen, your catagories are interesting. Come to think of it, I have stuff in individual banks that are organized according to my quirky point of view. If you could name banks, that would do a lot.

This is a great idea. I put my patches into different banks for various things. Being able to name them would be nice.
Rare Bird Productions

G2 patch files: 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be a nice solution for my own sounds, but it still leaves me with the factory-presets, unless I listen to them all and sort them into seperate banks, just like I did with my Kawai. It means the adventage of being able to sort patches doesn't exist on the Engine.
Afro88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, if you simply want to see what categories the factory patches are in, right click your patch browser and select sort by category Smile
Rare Bird Productions

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Afrokid wrote:
Oh, if you simply want to see what categories the factory patches are in, right click your patch browser and select sort by category Smile

On the Engine? Can't make it happen.
Unfed

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RBP - maybe try the 'synth settings' window in the Editor and enable 'sort by - category' in the upper right corner?
Rare Bird Productions

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfed wrote:
RBP - maybe try the 'synth settings' window in the Editor and enable 'sort by - category' in the upper right corner?

Is it me. but I can't find 'sort by - category' in the upper right corner of the 'synth settings' window.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No it's not just you, I dont have such an option in synth settings either.

But is possible to sort patches and performances, however only when they are stored into the synthesizer (which is an engine in my case as well). Patches on disk can not be sorted by the patch browser.

Right clicking on the patch browser when either in "perf" or in "patch" mode shows a sort option in the popup menu ... and it seems to work as well (all my patches are of category ""none" (as "noodle" is not an option) so the sorting results are a bit boring).

I'm using the 1.29/1.30 public beta version of the software.

There have been some issues I think with older software versions and sorting, but I don't quite remeber the nature of those.

Jan.
Unfed

Audio files: 4
G2 patch files: 11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry about the misinformation - i was looking at the manual and had not checked to see if it was actually available in the Editor. guess they took that option out?
Afro88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jan's right. That's what I was trying to say. And yes, on an engine.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfed wrote:
guess they took that option out?

Could very well be.

Sorting and categorizing isn't really important for me so I lost the details but things have been changed; I remember reading that in some release note at some time.

Jan.
zynthetix

Audio files: 10
G2 patch files: 13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

just to provide a flip-side to name-able banks, this could be inconvenience when interfacing with other midi gear for bank control. (i.e. this process uses numbers). this is a kind of a "is the glass half full or half empty" idea.
Rare Bird Productions

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

zynthetix wrote:
just to provide a flip-side to name-able banks, this could be inconvenience when interfacing with other midi gear for bank control. (i.e. this process uses numbers). this is a kind of a "is the glass half full or half empty" idea.

Not shure if I understand what you mean. I suppose I'll use the same approach I use with my Kawai. Sorting all available sounds in seperate banks, so I'm able to find the sounds I'm looking for easily (i.e. making a bank with all kinds of string-sounds, or brass-sounds, or whatever comes up as handy) and create specific banks for specific songs.
Page 2 of 2 [37 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Wish List
Jump to: