electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Saved the Klee
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
chok

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Saved the Klee Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Scott
I got back Klee seq partially soldering up to end it and return it to his owner.

The person who had begun to go up components did not very well know how to weld, I thus took time to revise everything to leave on good bases.

I ended the cabling and I noticed dysfunction:

- the potentiometer of step number 3 is inactive and when I actiionnate it, it modifies the height of the pitch of the other steps... Where from it can you it result?
chok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi
Saddened for my English which is almost useless, I use reverso.net to write, not easy....
To summarize my main problem, the potentiometer of step 3 does not affect the pitch of this step but modifies that of all the others.

I tested the potentiometer which is OK, I say to myself that with the resistances of 100 k of mixer for the step voltage, there should be no interaction, but there, I see in no way.
I changed several times IC1 ( 4066 ) unsuccessfully, 4034 has to be OK because the corresponding led ignites well....

Help Crying or Very sad
EdisonRex
Site Admin

Audio files: 172

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Might be a solder bridge, or wiring. I'll check the schematic and layout tonight and post back if I can think of something.

Don't worry about your English. It is better than my French. Smile

Home,My Studio,and another view
chok

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks,

After many hours to research the problem, I found the breakdown, the simple problem of connector which did not make contact each time according to the position of wire.... I have only to resolve the problem of the B glide which acts bizarrely on the corresponding CV Wink
chok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello all

I ended Klee and it left joining his owner.

Regrettably, there is a problem: when Klee is connected on the bus Dotcom (by adapter MOTM / Dotcom), all other modules congeal, set apart the sequenceur STG piloted by Cubase and Klee, nothing works normally.

The test was made with Klee outside the cabinet and with and without patch, the same problem... An idea? Do you know how much consumes Klee on every line of supply?
chok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One test:
Dotcom/Motm adaptator is ok...
Where is the problem ! ! ! ? Rolling Eyes Confused
EdisonRex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"nothing works normally"

What is the symptom?

The Klee takes much current. Mine has its own supply.

Which trigger/gate voltage did the Klee get built to? 5V or 10V?

chok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When the Klee is connecting on the Dotcom supply bus, modules with led display are freezed, led on equinoxe phaser don't flashing...

The Gate Trig is in 5V
Mongo1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you measure the supply voltages with the Klee plugged in?

It may draw too much current, and reduce the supply voltages.

Gary
EdisonRex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mongo1 wrote:
Can you measure the supply voltages with the Klee plugged in?

It may draw too much current, and reduce the supply voltages.

Gary

From the specification it should only draw 100mA per rail with a total power dissipation of 3W. If it is drawing more than that there may be a problem elsewhere inside it.

Mongo1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree - with the complexity of the Klee, there are about 1000 chances for doing something that violates the laws of physics.

It may also be that the system in question is already close to it's maximum, and the Klee just pushes it over the top. Stranger things have happened.

Gary
chok

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok
I am going to ask us to bring back the sequencer for check of the consumption Wink
chok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found the problem which came from an adapter MOTM / DOTCOM which contained a thread of unwanted copper wire (supplied by syntheszers.com) which was welded under the connector Dotcom and which affected another pin.

The consumption is 80 mA on + and 30 mA on - (approximativ)

Within less than one hour, I would know if it was good it, the owner of the Klee left to make the test

Last edited by chok on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Mongo1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent News! I have seen similar problems on my system from time to time. One small thread of copper is all it takes!

Gary
chok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but 12$ for a bad adapter, it's not cool Confused

I am very satisfied to have made a 3 pins power supply bus in my Yusynth, no problem of connections
Mongo1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I am very satisfied to have made a 3 pins power supply bus in my Yusynth, no problem of connections

Simple = Good

Razz
Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software » Klee sequencer
Jump to: