electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Articles  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links  |  Store
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
Live streaming at radio.electro-music.com

host / artist show at your time
  Faux Pas Quartet and friends Music From Last Thursday
Please visit the chat
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Alesis iO Dock
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
AbjectEvolution

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Alesis iO Dock Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to buy this as I want to be able to hook instruments up to my iPad and record/mix with it. Does the iO Dock work with BeatMaker 2?

I read a bunch of reviews on Amazon saying that since iOS 5.0, it doesn't work anymore. Is there a fix?

Thanks.

AbjectEvolution

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm it doesn't seem it's compatible with the new iPad anyway.

Is there another option for me that is iPad 3rd gen compatible?

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's the StudioConnect by Griffin. Works with the iPad 2. Don't know about the 3?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/music/studioconnect-guitar-midi-interface-for-ipad

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
Johan Zwart

Audio files: 19
G2 patch files: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Behringer has a IO-dock in the making. I am waiting for this one to arrive. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/iS202.aspx
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not exactly 'pretty', but I gotta give it to Behringer when it comes to knockin these things out Chinese style!

And I also love the way Behringer always manage to wind up the gear snobs- makes me laugh every time! Laughing Very Happy

thx for the heads up Johan! I'll think I'll wait to. Smile

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
Johan Zwart

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To me it is a more practical design with all the connections on the back and controls on the front so it won't be in the way of other controlers that i use. The other plus for me is the pedal input. Th IO-dock has only a swich input.
DES

Audio files: 6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had read somewhere (kvr or muffwigglers, maybe gearslutz) that the Alesis i/o dock wouldn't pass sysex messages thru it's midi port. I can't confirm this as I don't have one, and chances are a user might not need this unless using custom messages to/from an app. Might be something to be concerned about and worth looking into though...
elektro80
Site Admin

Audio files: 14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Johan Zwart wrote:
To me it is a more practical design with all the connections on the back and controls on the front so it won't be in the way of other controlers that i use. The other plus for me is the pedal input. Th IO-dock has only a swich input.

This seems like pretty cool device. Any price yet?

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Johan Zwart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. Hope to hear more about that tomorrow or in the comming days from the Messe.
Keysandslots

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v-un-v wrote:
And I also love the way Behringer always manage to wind up the gear snobs- makes me laugh every time! :lol: :D

I'm certainly not a gear snob, can't really afford to be, but I've only owned two pieces of Behringer-made equipment. The first was a rack-mounted digital multi-effect thing, it was so noisy I gave it away. The second was/is a Bugera guitar amp. The amp had a known defect from the manufacturer, a mis-speced part on one of the circuit boards. I was unfortunately the third owner, and, athough not expecting it to be fixed out of warranty, I contacted Behringer to see if they would send me the part, which I would gladly pay for. They would not help me at all, no details, nothing.

I did some research, bought the part, took the amp apart, desoldered the crappy part, installed the new part and the amp works fine now.

No more Behringer stuff for me 'though.

Randy

1974 (maybe 1975) Rhodes Stage 88, Kurzweil K2600XS, Kurzweil K2500R, Roland A35, Roland A90EX, Korg Microstation, Korg MicroKorg, Alesis SR-16, Shruthi SMR4 mk1, Shruthi 4PM, PreenFM, MIDIPal, iPad 2 + Alesis IO Dock, Maxon Phaser, Maxon Chorus
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not really too happy about the Behringer stuff myself, but how wrong can they go with this iPad interface?

scratch

Idea

Oh shit....

head banging monitor head banging monitor head banging monitor head banging monitor head banging monitor head banging monitor

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Johan Zwart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We will thumright Thumb down see what the experts have to say.
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My little Behringer mixer has lasted me for years. Always reliable. I've also got a tube amp which is great. More power to the budget conscious I say? Cool
loydb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More power to the budget-conscious-willing-to-ignore-crap-sound, at least...

Back on topic, the lack of MIDI on the iO dock seems like a crazy omission.

MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-308797.html#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-42968.html
RevolvingSheep

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I saw a link (maybe on here?) of a full on mixer that you set your iPad into. Was it made by Behringer? Anyone know what I'm talking about? Does it have MIDI?
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

loydb wrote:

Erm.... run that past me again.....?

DES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RevolvingSheep wrote:
I saw a link (maybe on here?) of a full on mixer that you set your iPad into. Was it made by Behringer? Anyone know what I'm talking about? Does it have MIDI?

I think the one you're thinking of is by Mackie. The DL1608

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No revolvingsheep is right. There is one made by Behringer too.
DES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basically the same thing isn't it? Very Happy

Shocked

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could be....? Rolling Eyes Laughing
pyrosonic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Are you talking about the Behringer one? Because the Alesis iODOCK has midi.

The link Johan posted is dead,so I can't find any info on it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whorlweaver/133469163426410
elektro80
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like they removed the product page.

MySpace
SoundCloud
Flickr
Johan Zwart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

elektro80 wrote:
Seems like they removed the product page.

Yes i noticed that too.

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, the question I will put again, does the IO Dock work still? With iOS 5.1??
Johan Zwart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From the alesis site: "For optimal performance with the iO Dock, Alesis strongly encourages updating your iPad to iOS 5.1 as well as updating all your compatible apps to their latest versions. Some iO Dock owners have reported sporadic performance issues when using their iO Dock with certain combinations of iPad models, iOS versions and apps. Apple's latest iOS software update, iOS 5.1, has resolved these issues. For more information, check out this iO Dock support video."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haSajpEg7YU&list=UUs3ZOvIZ7WVllIK5yCAdE9g&index=1&feature=plcpwww.

Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » iOS - iPad/Phone/Pod etc
Jump to: