electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
New gear!
Page 66 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, ..., 72, 73, 74 Next
Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noice Neon!

Les

Oskar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wot Les said!
v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 11
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

jksuperstar wrote:
v-un-v wrote:
Pictures?

You must have good black mail photos of someone getting their rocks off when they shouldn't have, or you wouldn't get such good loot!

Nope. Some research student of a friend of my dad, just left the stuff in his shed. They got fed up with asking hime to remove it, and because the student now has some well paid job in the States, he let me have it all, because he couldn't be bothered to come back and sort it all out.

I'd be happy to swap all that and my other stuff for an Arturia Origin Wink

IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

Audio files: 275

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

recent acquisitions

zyklus mps sequencer #18, been looking for one of these for years, then got offered one as a trade for one of my other hardware sequencers Smile

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

korg microX, great little synth, been meaning to get one since I sold my karma, will be a nice little addition to the compact live setup and hopefully work well with the zyklus

audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice finds, Jez! Very Happy
robsol
Stream Operator

Audio files: 495

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
recent acquisitions

zyklus mps sequencer #18, been looking for one of these for years, then got offered one as a trade for one of my other hardware sequencers Smile

Wow congrats on that Jez! That is an amazing sequencer! Cool

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muied Lumens wrote:
modulator_esp wrote:
recent acquisitions

Wow congrats on that Jez! That is an amazing sequencer! Cool

Thanks Rob, not had chance to play with it yet, but off next week so hoping to dig into it a little, looks like it might be slightly more complicated than the tenori-on Wink

Oskar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've ordered a Presonus StudioLive 16:4:2 digital mixer. Should be interesting. It's also got FW, so it can potentially be used as a 32 input soundcard, although I'm not planning on exploiting that side all that much for the time being, not having a band that needs recording.
Should be fun, though.

Inventor
Stream Operator

Audio files: 267

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Oskar, that sounds like an awesome purchase! What I wouldn't do with one of those...

Les

laura woodswalker

Audio files: 18

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

modulator_esp wrote:
recent acquisitions

korg microX, great little synth, been meaning to get one since I sold my karma, will be a nice little addition to the compact live setup and hopefully work well with the zyklus

cool-looking! How does it compare with the electribe (which is the only sequencer I know!)

Oskar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Inventor wrote:
Wow Oskar, that sounds like an awesome purchase! What I wouldn't do with one of those...

Les

It's arrived, and it's really easy to set up. How it performs in a high pressure live situation is another matter, I'll get back to y'all when I've road tested it.

modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[quote="laura woodswalker"]
modulator_esp wrote:
recent acquisitions

cool-looking! How does it compare with the electribe (which is the only sequencer I know!)

The Zyklus isn't much like other sequencers, it's designed to let you record some sequences and then trigger/perform/manipulate them in various combinations/permutations/transpositions using a keyboard or switches

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks like a spaceship! Cool
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.
modulator_esp
Stream Operator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and it's built like a tank

unfortunately I've been a bit busy so haven't had any time to explore it

and the display is a bit dim, so might have to get that sorted first Sad

v-un-v
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's be interesting to hear how you can manipulate the sequences made with it. Very Happy
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a software version of the Zyklus, but I haven't played with it.

Some old stuff on VIRB
GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some old stuff on VIRB
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GovernorSilver wrote:

I would be very interested in hearing your impressions of this little gadget. It's become a dear friend of mine, but it's peculiar. Smile

GovernorSilver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Antimon wrote:

I would be very interested in hearing your impressions of this little gadget. It's become a dear friend of mine, but it's peculiar. Smile

I've been gradually acclimating myself to my new little friend. The other day, I messed around with the synth sounds, and today I played with the three sequencers that came with the original OS. I downloaded the new OS but haven't installed it yet.

The money I would have spent on an iPad went to the OP-1 because I suspected I might enjoy the "handheld music making" experience more with physical buttons and knobs, and what appeared to be an inviting user interface. I think so far I made the right call. I'm used to sequencing drum parts by real-time entry, with velocity sensitivity, but a recent discussion on the Muff Wiggler forum got me thinking about changing my approach to programming beats. The thing is, when I sequence via the real-time method, I do fall into certain mental habits. I'm afraid I don't quite have the creativity to invent a cool drum sequence. The Pattern sequencer on the OP-1 is surprisingly intuitive to use, particularly deleting notes. I think I shied away from this style of sequencing because I had this dread of learning to edit. In the real-time approach, I simply deleted the entire track and recorded everything manually, all over again, if I didn't like the track.

I do believe I'm going to have a lot of fun trying the various sequencer approaches and seeing what works for me.

And I haven't even tried the sampling features yet! I've played a little bit of the Tape feature and found that I could record sequencer output to Tape, after some fumbling around. I guess over time I'll figure out how to use both sequencer and Tape at the same time in ways that make sense for me.

Oh, and no problem with the audio quality when using the OP-1 with my Skullcandy earphones.

Overall, I'm quite happy with my new little music-making device.

Some old stuff on VIRB
Oskar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got meself a Focusrite ISA One mic pre and a Furch D-40 twelve string guitar, i'm as happy as a pig in muck - or as my new neighbours: five heifers and five calves. Yup, I'm back in the countryside and enjoying it!
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How's the Furch then?
Oskar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BobTheDog wrote:
How's the Furch then?

It's Furchin' brilliant, mate! Pics to come.

glow worm

Audio files: 16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sitting nice and snug in its new home: my latest acquisition Smile

YES... It's 'only' a ROMpler.
YES... The presets are a bit 'trancey-dancey'.
NO... It's not the Turbo version with six outputs and SPDIF.

BUT... For 67.00GBP (including shipping) from eBay, I really don't care. It's got some great sound-sculpting capabilities and has been putting a BIG smile on my face over the last few weekends Very Happy

I've been driving it from my Roland XP-60, wishing I had the space for an XP-80...

xl-1_a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  211.98 KB
 Viewed:  153 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

xl-1_a.jpg

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glow worm wrote:
Sitting nice and snug in its new home: my latest acquisition Smile
YES... It's 'only' a ROMpler.
First of all, congrats on your new acquisition. As you probably know, the P2K synth engine is a fairly complex and robust synth engine. True enough the XLEAD ROM has a large selection of ROM instruments to choose from, but you could limit yourself to the Sine, Saw, Square, and Triangle samples and build some pretty complex presets. Please feel free to share thoughts on preset design; I'd be interested.
Steve
BobTheDog

Audio files: 32
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get Prodatum as well http://prodatum.sourceforge.net

Quality editor
Page 66 of 74 [1832 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, ..., 72, 73, 74 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Discussion » Schmooze
Jump to: