electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
2 voices can't be tuned! Need Help!
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Synthbrass

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: 2 voices can't be tuned! Need Help! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some minutes ago I wanted to autotune my A6, and after the tuning I saw almost half of the voices had a dot on the voice, vca all had a T and next to auto was an F for every voice where the dot was. I thought it was onlz some kind of bug and tried to tune it again , and there remained the first 3 voices with a dot and an F. Than I tuned it again and the first and the third voice had that dot and the F. I tried it again (I think 2 times) but the first and third voice don't work.
I'm now very afraid to have one of the "infected" Andromedas (or how you want to call them) where the Voices die one after another, allthough I bought it last summer and didn't have any problems up to now.

Has anybody had a similar problem? Do you know a way to resolve it or does my A6 need (costful) service?

I need a huge Polyphony for my patches but I could live without 2 voices. My bigger fear is that the famous A6-voicedieing-process started, and the voices will slowly die until I have only a half A6, if not less and need to spend a couple $$$ for voice-replacement and send it around somewhere.
Synthbrass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuned it again today and everything worked fine. Hope that I won't have problems anymore.
rh2y

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Synthbrass wrote:
Tuned it again today and everything worked fine. Hope that I won't have problems anymore.

Mine did that once a few years ago, but it was fine the next time I turned it on, and I have not had a problem since.

Russ

Shameless-er plug: http://www.evatontechnologies.com/

Music: https://atomstomolecules.bandcamp.com/releases
Synthbrass

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's actually quiet a buggy synth, but for incorporating all thoose great and modern features in one real analog synth that's understandable, and otherwise it's a wonderful synth Wink
sunny pedaal

Audio files: 12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no , it's not a buggy synth, i can say after years.
could it be it stood in a dense- wet or very cold or hot room, or something like that ?
Synthbrass

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sunny pedaal wrote:
no , it's not a buggy synth, i can say after years.
could it be it stood in a dense- wet or very cold or hot room, or something like that ?

Ok, you certainly have much more experience with this synth, but from what I know there are some minor bugs (which I don't really care about) like the Perfect-Square-bug.

I'm not some kind of technician or engineer so I can't really tell, but I guess it is quiet a big task to make such a complex synth and make everything work perfectly, harmonizing digital prozessing with analog signal chain, and make all that things fluid.

However, it is a perfect Synth, and I much aprecciate Alesi's work, and you are right, it is not very buggy at all, considering all its features it works almost perfectly.
Mo-Tech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mine has done the same 2X in one day, first voice 1-2, then 8-9. Funny is it doesn't show the voice number where the "F" comes. It only shows a dot. Later it was allright again. I use a plastic cover on the synth for overnight to keep away the dust, so maybe this creates some static?
Synthbrass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think, I found out what the Dot stands for. It shows which voices are switched on. I Guess the A6 turns automatically off the faulty voices while tuning them.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Instruments and Equipment » Alesis Andromeda
Jump to: