electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
go to the radio page Live at electro-music.com radio 1 Please visit the chat
poster
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Organised Sound with Dr. Steve
Page 3 of 4 [93 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Episode 46 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today's show was a Guess the Artist Show. If you haven''t heard the show yet, you can play along at home (or in your car). People in chat had fun trying to guess the artists. All of the music except my little introductory thing are from the [b][i][color=#255293]electro-music[/color][/i][/b] media archives. I won't tell you who won, so as not to spoil it for you. (It was fairly close.)
Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 54 - End of the Year Special
Subject description: originally stream cast 25 December 2011
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is Episode 54. For the end of the year special, I selected some live jams from some previous episodes plus some slices from larger improvs. The show was rounded off by three new tunes from AJotz, Static Strobe Emitter, and PHOBoS. See you for the upcoming New Year's Event!!!
Steve

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: The Non-Rant MPAA-RIAA Conspiracy Rant Show
Subject description: Episode 58

Here is Episode 58 featuring music that has not yet been confiscated by the RIAA-MPAA Conspiracy. All music belongs to the artists who created it and who have graciously made it available to all of us. Clearly the RIAA-MPAA Conspiracy is threatened by high quality music that they don't control. Clearly artists who make their own music available on their own, through their own distribution networks, to consumers at whatever they (the artists) want to charge pose problems for the RIAA-MPAA Conspiracy. The big corporations cannot make a profit and they don't like that.

However, abuse of political power and law enforcement agencies to get rid of what they seem to perceive as "competition" is just plain wrong in my opinion.

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

props thanks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: Organized Sound Episode 59

[removed for personal reasons]
Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 60 - Mixed Bag Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 62 - Music Inspired By A Shower Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have learned not to pass judgment on the improvs until several months afterwards. "Music Inspired By A Shower" came about because my son (who didn't want my downloading of tunes for the show to interfere with his playing Runescape) asked if I could do an improv instead. Chatters in the chat room encouraged that. So, I took my morning shower to get in the frame of mind to do some music.

The first hour of Episode 62 consists of the result. The second hour is an excerpt from my 48 Live! set done February 6, 2011. Two-thirds of the way through this excerpt there is a section that is a little reminiscent of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.

My first impression of "Music Inspired By A Shower" (based on playing it, not listening to it afterwards) is that it is an experimental piece. Not sure I'd call in cinematic music, though.

Steve

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 63
Subject description: orginally stream cast 26 February 2011

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: Episode 68 - Live Latency Drone Along Jam

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 69
Subject description: stream cast 8 April 2012

This show featured a mixed assortment of new and old music from the [b][i][color=#255293]electro-music.com[/color][/i][/b] media archives.

Magellanic Cloud - Ken Graves*
Crickets & 2 Whistles - Laura Woodswalker*
Integral Domains (excerpt) - Octahedra*
Dampflokomotiv - Octahedra*
Dark Matter Demo (excerpt) - Octahedra*
Equatorial Transform - Octahedra*
Analogy - Ian S*
A Rise - John Toffey (Mitraspec)*
Plutonian Utopia - StrobeFlux *
Dupe Shelp - Acid Trash*
Edart Eerf - Acid Trash*
Halogenated - Acid Trash*
Small Talk - Acid Trash*
Plown - Acid Trash*
Stand Up - Jacob Watters (Cynosure)*
Swampland - Owl (MattB)*
This Intellect is Too Cold! - Owl (MattB)*
Rain - Owl (MattB)*
Planes - Owl (MattB)*
K Pain - Owl (MattB)*
FunkFM - Owl (MattB)*
Reverban - Owl (MattB)*
XR12 Tetra (Stage1/Stage 2) - PHOBoS*
Music With Space - OneWayNess*

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
onewayness

Audio files: 19

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Organized Sound Episode 69
Subject description: stream cast 8 April 2012

MusicMan11712 wrote:

Music With Space - OneWayNess

Cool, thanks for the play, Dr. S!

adam

MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 70 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was a really nice selection yesterday. Very Happy

What is the repro license of your show? I'd love to stream archived shows on Synthetronica Radio.

[Q]

Audio files: 57

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mmm...
not sure if this helps.. Smile

http://electro-music.com/forum/topic-36104.html
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

audiodef wrote:
That was a really nice selection yesterday. Very Happy

What is the repro license of your show? I'd love to stream archived shows on Synthetronica Radio.

Thanks. Glad you liked it. Other than my improv, yesterday's show was 100% from the electro-music archives. (Most, but not all, of the music I play is.)

Here's my understanding: posting the music in the e-m archives allows it to be played as part of the playlist or as part of a show on electro-music.com. Other than than, my take is that all rights for individual tracks remain with the individual artists. As host of the show, I don't have the authority to tell others they can restream it. I do believe you would have to get the OK from all of the others from each episode.

For some shows I have played music with Creative Commons licensing. Sometimes I play material that has not been posted but which I have gotten permission to play on the show. Again, I don't have the authority to give permission to others to restream it elsewhere.

Thanks for asking.
audiodef

Audio files: 53

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, Steve. Looks like I'll have to pass on rebroadcasting to respect the rights of the individual artists.
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Episode 32 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There were some audio problems with Episode 32 during a sequence of four slices from a latency jam ("Mr. Kite's Public Cyclotron Show"), so I dug up the original slices I had prepared for the show and inserted them into the recording of the show. The show features excerpts from two latency jams plus music from Jovian Pyx. Here's the song list from the show:

1. Introductory Improv - MusicMan11712
2. "Mr. Kite's Public Cyclotron Show featuring Blue Hell and Dr. Steve"
- 6-25-2011 Latency Jam
3. For Loki [new version] - Jovian Pyx
4. UnBolero [older tune] - Jovian Pyx
5. another tune [name to be posted] - Jovian Pyx
6. Latency Jam - 6-24-2011 based on a bass synth by Jovian Pyx [Musicians include: JovianPyx, PHOBoSized Blue Hell, Antimon, and Dr. Steve, with mixing and looping by PHOBoS]

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject:
Subject description: Episode 75 - Long-form droniness (electro-ambient improv)

Episode 75 consists of a 2-hour improv. Towards the end (last 20-30 minutes), a neighbor started mowing his or her lawn. It was hard to hear the subtle nuances I was doing, so I shifted gear, put a mic out the window, and played along.
Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 76 - The Mind Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode 82 - Loud and Proud Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Originally streamcast on 29 July 2012, this episode begins with a couple of recent tunes from Antimon, then includes music from Acid Trash, Static Strobe Emitter (Strobeflux), PHOBoS and Bubzy, PHOBoS, and Muied Lumens.
Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Organized Sound Episode - Jams Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Organised Sound Episode 85 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by MusicMan11712 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Antimon

Audio files: 371
G2 patch files: 100

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lots of brilliant stuff in that show! And thanks for playing some of my stuff. Smile
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 277
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/me applauds - nice show Steve!
Page 3 of 4 [93 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: