electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Resonant Lopass Gate PCB's (New Batch 4/29/12)
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 37 of 38 [927 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 35, 36, 37, 38 Next
knob_alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok finished, one unit , works fine Very Happy Very Happy

....now I need a good panel for it....suggestions or a FPD panel for eurorack to share???

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Thanks!!!!
knob_alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PS:: it's normal that in BOTH and FILTER mode there's a little hum? In VCA mode there isn't....
fonik

Audio files: 23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

knob_alchemist wrote:
PS:: it's normal that in BOTH and FILTER mode there's a little hum? In VCA mode there isn't....

will have to check this.

did you try to touch/move your switch wiring? does this change anything?

knob_alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No change touching the wiring...no one with this hum?
knob_alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seems that the hum is the signal of the VCO (more audible whe the VCO is at high range freq) in the LPG...I tried to set the trimmer but no change in the hum.... Rolling Eyes
djthomaswhite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello builders and analog tweakers,

I am making some of the Resonant Lopass Gate (RLPG) circuit boards available again. I need to replace some that we're sadly lost in the shipments for the last batch and to replace my personal board stock for my own projects. I have received interest for additional boards recently so I will be taking orders to include extra boards in this replacement order.

If you want boards, please PayPal $15 per board to djthomaswhite@yahoo.com with "RLPG Order" in the subject line and I'll note your order. This cost per board includes shipping (global) via USPS. I always replace any boards lost in shipping, hence this order. 

This board is the latest revision, but I will fix the IC ground issue in the mixer section thereby eliminating the need for the kludge to fix the board. Board orders are being accepted from now until May 13th with the new board order being placed on Monday the 14th. Boards take 2 weeks to arrive so orders won't start shipping until the week of May 28th. I know this delays delivery, but I order boards to demand and this method has worked well in the past. 

I hope you find the news that I am making this limited run of Resonant Lopass Gate boards available to be good news. This project is a fun one and people from beginners to experts have enjoyed it. Please contact me with any questions or feedback directly at djthomaswhite@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Thomas White
Natural Rhythm Music
http://www.naturalrhythmmusic.com/lopass.html

Toller

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Bleed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem as knob_alchemist (see 2 posts above): the original signal is bleeding through (quietly, yet audible), even when the offset is all the way down and no cv fed in. Especially noticeable in both and filter mode.
Something wrong with the wiring / some kind of crosstalk maybe? Or is this normal?
knob_alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi I've see your post and your PM... Your Problem is exactly the same of mine....Maybe is normal and depend from the VCOs??
I've not resolved the Problem, but is not a tragedy, I use a mixer to attenuate the signal of VCO (I use 2 A-110 in FM) and the bleeding is very quiet...
Suggestions? Maybe is normal?
numbertalk

Audio files: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Possibly related to the vactrol? If I'm understanding your issue I think this is normal for a vactrol, that it doesn't really turn all the way "off", if you know what I mean.
Starspawn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any left of the last run or a new one planned soon?
Mongo1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think SynthCube.com has some...

Gary
peng

Audio files: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My main question is this:

What is the "Deep" switch for?

I have read that it is for very large CV voltages.
But I don't get it.
What does it do to large CV voltages?
Anything that an input attenuator couldn't?
This version of the module has CV input attenuators so does that make the deep switch useless?
It practice, it seems to be.

If you have ever engaged this switch please explain why.

(I tried to post to Muff's but that forum is SNAFU lately...again)
muziekzen

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Unstable Lopass gate Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone,

I have built 2 Lopass gates and one of them is very unstable. The offset frequency randomly changes (without any CV modulation) and it happens in all modes (VCA, VCF and both).

I attached an audio file of the issue.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thank you!

g

LOPASS Gate filter problem (Snippet).mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  LOPASS Gate filter problem (Snippet).mp3
 Filesize:  753.06 KB
 Downloaded:  1707 Time(s)

loydb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking for a good Euro FP for either 2 or 4 of these babies. Anyone?
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-308797.html#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-42968.html
sneakthief

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4x
http://synthcube.com/cart/forums.html?route=product/product&filter_name=lpg&product_id=224

2x (out of stock right now)
http://synthcube.com/cart/forums.html?route=product/product&filter_name=lpg&product_id=223

loydb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! Ordered one, plus a panel for my Tabula Rasa while I was at it!
MFOS Ultimate Expand-o-tron Build Log: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/post-308797.html#308797
MFOS Mini-Controller Build Log [FINISHED!]: http://www.electro-music.com/forum/topic-42968.html
loydb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone wired up one of the quad Euro panels? A wiring diagram would rock...

Thanks!

sneakthief

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The four LPG's are simply wired individually according to the schematics. You will however need a simple mixer to mix the 4 outputs. This can be done with an op-amp like a TL072 and 7 resistors.

- use a 3PDT on-off-on switches for the VCA/VCF/VCA+VCF modes

- use 2 CV inputs: one directly in and the other with an attenuator

- cutoff and resonance pots are wired using the same orientation as the pot markings on the PCB

- re. mixer: use this, but ignore the red portion:

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs04_mix.html

loydb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks!
sneakthief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Re. mixing 4 LPG's: also consider using a simpler solution of 4x 10k resistors if you don't mind a signal level drop - which may not be an issue if you're mixing 4 loud-ish signals.

Connect one end of the resistor to the normalization pin of each of the LPG's audio output jacks, then connect all four other ends together at the main mix output jack.

loydb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks! I will probably do the full-on mixer, it should be small. I'm also drilling the panel to add the 'Deep' switch to each board.
Ayab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Firstly thank you Thomas for this excellent project.

I noticed on someone's build (forget which) that the 1k resistors were white? Just realised must be heat shrink? Extra shielding?

Btw i really like the look of the acrylic panel by knob_alchemist. Does anyone know method of adding simple but uniform annotation to the (back in reverse would make hand painting a bit tricky but I could use a stencil - but v.time consuming).

I am really enjoying slowly comprehending some of this fascinating area (the surface!) which was a mystery only recently. I hope to maybe be of help to some beginners in the future. Sorry about the long post effect of reading the Open letter post - and yes I do have a day off today Laughing
AKMacAddict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sneakthief wrote:
Re. mixing 4 LPG's: also consider using a simpler solution of 4x 10k resistors if you don't mind a signal level drop - which may not be an issue if you're mixing 4 loud-ish signals.

Connect one end of the resistor to the normalization pin of each of the LPG's audio output jacks, then connect all four other ends together at the main mix output jack.

Really appreciate the information on the mixer circuit, as well as the above solution. I purchased a Quad, and afterwards was told it is missing the components for the mixer output. Apparently the reason was not being able to source the small mixer board (from CGS, or otherwise.)

Now I will be able to make this module "complete". Thanks! Very Happy
intercorni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Resonance
Subject description: resonance starts too early
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anyone have the problem that the resonance starts too early?
At about one third of the way I'm already in the self-oscillation Sad
Then the signal stops completely.
I use a linear potentiometer for the resonance.
And i try the mod from https://modularsynthesis.com/nrm/lopass/lopass.htm
But it is the same.
Maybe is a antilog pot better?
intercorni

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The trimm-pot TP1 does nothing - any suggestions?
The Offset-Pot works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Moderators: jksuperstar, Scott Stites, Uncle Krunkus
Page 37 of 38 [927 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 35, 36, 37, 38 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » DIY Hardware and Software
Jump to: