electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Hi! First post! Good case/bag for 37 key?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
goldenMaster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject:  Hi! First post! Good case/bag for 37 key? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone. My first post here! Just got a 2nd hand expanded g2 and I've been having lots of fun with it. I'm a reaktor/g2/numerology/reaper/audiomulch user Smile. Or that's what I focus on. I sequence my g2 and a handful of hardware synths from numerology. I do noise/drone/ambient/microtonal, and live up in seattle, WA. Nice to meet everyone here. I've been lurking around and will hopefully make some posts. I also have lots of random electronic music ramblings on my blog:

http://www.bagger288.com/goldenmaster

Anyway, my first question was, so now that the nord g2 gig bag is no longer made, what do people suggest as a good case for holding the g2 37 key? I want to take it everywhere with me, since it's the perfect all-in-one solution for live electronic sounds, but I want to be extra nice to it. anyone here found some good solutions? I haven't seen a lot of 3-octave gig bags floating around the internets.
goldenMaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, i've looked around, and all i've found so far that looks like a close fit...

http://www.finecases.com/browse/tuxedo/tuxedo-4019.html?make=Novation&model=ReMOTE%20SL%2037

it's 31" wide, which isn't too much over the g2's 26" width, and on paper, is high enough for the g2's 4" height. I'll probably be getting this soon if I don't find anything else.
General Elektrick

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

welcome

I did get one of these softbags so I was no help here but this forum is helpful in most cases Very Happy

"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.
goldenMaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Smile. I have some patches i'll be posting when I get around to it, too.

Well, it turns out that, the case I just mentioned there isn't perfect for the g2. the g2's depth is just a hair over 4" and this bag is only 4" deep. So, the search continues. Seems that 3-octave keyboard bags dont' really exist. I might just get a custom one made, the g2 is my baby and I want it to have a good case...
General Elektrick

Audio files: 1
G2 patch files: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The most endangered thing is the rotary encoder. If have an extra plastic cap fixed with gaffa to protect it during transportation. Good luck for the search. Ah wait a minute:

http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?highlight=case&t=36094

Here are some links provided.

"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.
egw
Stream Operator

Audio files: 18
G2 patch files: 8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get the custom hard case - a gig bag really doesn't offer much protection. The knobs are exposed, and this is an instrument that is both valuable and difficult to get repaired. A couple of places that make them:
http://www.keyboardcases.com/
http://stores.ebay.com/casekits

MiCR0C0SM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

goldenMaster wrote:
Thanks Smile. I have some patches i'll be posting when I get around to it, too.

Well, it turns out that, the case I just mentioned there isn't perfect for the g2. the g2's depth is just a hair over 4" and this bag is only 4" deep. So, the search continues. Seems that 3-octave keyboard bags dont' really exist. I might just get a custom one made, the g2 is my baby and I want it to have a good case...

I have this case and it fits well. There's room to wrap the G2 in padding if you want. I travel week after week and this is something I plan to do when I eventually take her with me. My fear is that one day they'll say I can't bring her on board and she'll succumb to the dreaded baggage handlers below.
goldenMaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks microcosm! That's very helpful Smile. I will either be getting that case, or just getting maybe, a 4 octave hard case, and putting some foam in there to make the fit right. either way, looks like iv'e got a solution. thanks!
Jack_Hertz

Audio files: 101
G2 patch files: 7

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is an old topic, but here's some new info for anyone looking for a hard case:

Odyssey Flight Zone Keyboard case 37 note keyboards - $150 USD
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Odyssey-Flight-Zone---Keyboard-case-for-37-note-keyboards-104654827-i1538303.gc

This one looks like a great case, but its quite a bit wider than the keyboard at 36" wide when the G2 is about 26.5". The image shows an Ozonic controller inside that appears to be very close to the G2s dimensions so it may not be so bad.

Road Cases USA - $99
http://www.roadcasesusa.com/99-dollar-custom-cases/

These guys will build a case to order in your color and size for a great price.

I would be interested to hear feedback from anyone who's bought a hard case for their G2 as to which is a better option. Thanks!

grimley

G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I along with a few others on this forum purchased the smaller Odyssey case shown here:

http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-products/fzkb31.html

It fits very snuggly but you need to remove all but the very last edge of foam. Quite happy with it myself. I'll upload a picture later showing how the G2 fits.

grimley

G2 patch files: 9

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here you go ...

odysseycase.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.12 KB
 Viewed:  179 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

odysseycase.JPG

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » Nord Modular G2 Discussion
Jump to: